FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] User Themeable Messaging +Quick Reply +Group Messaging +Emoji 4.2.2 (3/04/2013)

751 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,076

By amiblindyet, Senior Member on 5th February 2013, 01:01 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th February 2013, 07:43 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMICTB

Thanks for the response. I am familiar with decompiling and smali edits but I would have no idea how to make a quick emoji button work. Would you mind if I have a gander at your decompiled apk and try to combine it with the teamBAKED MMS.apk they made with gradient? What is the gradient image named?

Mine will not work if combined with teamBAKED as I replaced all values with names and referenced elsewhere.

8th February 2013, 03:57 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re: [APP] Inverted Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply for AOSP and TouchWiz(2/4/2
Awesome tweak. Any chance of a stock themed version? Was never much of a fan of inverted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2013, 04:51 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiblindyet

Mine will not work if combined with teamBAKED as I replaced all values with names and referenced elsewhere.

Ill use teambaked MMS for now and keep an eye on your work. Thanks for making our phones the way they should be. iphone has an emoji button
11th February 2013, 07:15 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH

Donate to Me
More
I added individual FLASHABLE ZIPs in the OP for each individual version.
11th February 2013, 08:11 PM |#25  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 3,129

More
think i might give this a go on beans 8.

i'm getting bored of gosms, but i like the ability to change the LED in go..too bad lightflow doesn';t work well on the s3 lol

btw, i just downloaded glowfly..awesome little app..AND it allows you to set the LED rate/color! bam, totally flashing your mod now lol
The Following User Says Thank You to jayochs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jayochs Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 10:43 PM |#26  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 3,129

More
wait, so it's just called messaging right?

i flashed the touchwiz one from the aroma installer...the messaging app is still touchwiz messaging...

so weird. tried to just rename mms as .bak and then install from aroma, but it just froze at setting up required tools..guess i'll try a manual push of mms.apk hmm

lol no matter what i do, i can't get the aosp MMS working on here. i manually put mms.apk in there and everything, and it's still stock touchwiz.

am i retarded? lol

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

ok well i got it

for anyone who cares, i'm on beans 8..aroma wouldn't flash the file, neither would manual..it was still TW messaging no matter what i did...

went into explorer and noticed that the TW mms is called SecMMS.apk...so i .bak'd that, and renamed the MMS.apk from here to SecMMS.apk, rebooted, and bam, it works now.

just noticed you don't have expanded JB notifications? glowfly is pretty cool because it has them..works with any SMS app..it's on sale now for 99 cents. it's cool for popup, LED, and expanded notifications
12th February 2013, 06:06 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
edit - got it working
12th February 2013, 05:44 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Backup Stock MMS?
I am on TW and will use a TW based mod. I want to try these out but I also want to be able to revert back to stock in the future.

I see that this places Mms.apk into System>app

My original thought was to backup the Mms.apk in System>app however it doesnt exist.

If I ever want to revert back then I should just delete this Mms.apk?

Note - I did find a SecMms.apk in my System>app folder.

Thanks for the help.
12th February 2013, 06:07 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastaking

I am on TW and will use a TW based mod. I want to try these out but I also want to be able to revert back to stock in the future.

I see that this places Mms.apk into System>app

My original thought was to backup the Mms.apk in System>app however it doesnt exist.

If I ever want to revert back then I should just delete this Mms.apk?

Note - I did find a SecMms.apk in my System>app folder.

Thanks for the help.

That's why my updater script doesn't delete anything. Just in case you want to revert back. Please backup SecMms.apk and move somewhere safe. Then install my TW app.
The Following User Says Thank You to amiblindyet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amiblindyet Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 06:32 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Follow up
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiblindyet

That's why my updater script doesn't delete anything. Just in case you want to revert back. Please backup SecMms.apk and move somewhere safe. Then install my TW app.

OK, sounds good. So to revert back should I delete your Mms.apk and then push SecMms.apk back into System>app OR should I just delete Mms.apk and reboot.

Sorry to be so inquisitive, the truth is that I can just test it out and figure it out but I am trying to fully understand how things work, thanks.
12th February 2013, 07:06 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastaking

OK, sounds good. So to revert back should I delete your Mms.apk and then push SecMms.apk back into System>app OR should I just delete Mms.apk and reboot.

Sorry to be so inquisitive, the truth is that I can just test it out and figure it out but I am trying to fully understand how things work, thanks.

Correct. To revert back you would delete Mms.apk and restore your SecMms.apk back to system/app/ fix permissions and reboot.
Ask any question you want and I will answer it. That's what I'm here for.
The Following User Says Thank You to amiblindyet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amiblindyet Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread