Sprint Jelly Bean Port - Bugs report thread

1,784 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,895

Post Reply Email Thread
Alright guys I'll use this thread on the progress for the testing of the Sprint Port

I'll clean it up as I have more time.. I'm just so busy working on code right now for aosp and other things

kernel
-some are having problems with the flashable zip.. i'll make a new one.. might be old binary I used.
for now you can extract the .img file out and use fastboot if you guys know how.

I've updated the original thread on POST #2 an update for sprint ..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2127346
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to houstonn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift houstonn Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 12:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Then may as well re-post my findings.

Installed and booted fine - everything seemed to be alright (aside from known/pointed out issues on the original posting)
Had 3G working briefly after manually entering an APN (Name - internet, APN - n.ispsn, Type - default)
Not sure what happened - but it worked for about 4 minutes then went away and nothing I could do would get it back.

Currently trying to flash the new test kernel - zip failed to install under both CWM and TWRP
Tried to fastboot flash the img (bad idea from a VM, but thought it worth a try) - never got it to flash
Thought my phone was bricked - but it somehow went from 50% to 0% battery....
Got it back up and going now, back on ICS for a moment to let it recoup and charge lol
The Following User Says Thank You to artlan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift artlan Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 12:39 AM |#3  
Flag Beltsville
Thanks Meter: 476

Donate to Me
More
what's the command for fastboot? i used to use fastboot for flashing kernel, but that command used to be with zImage. Command used was fastboot flash zimage zImage. Is that the same command that can be used for this?

Thanks
6th February 2013, 12:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 670

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblazea50

what's the command for fastboot? i used to use fastboot for flashing kernel, but that command used to be with zImage. Command used was fastboot flash zimage zImage. Is that the same command that can be used for this?

Thanks

You can use fastboot flash boot boot.img
The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeopardJB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SnowLeopardJB Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 12:42 AM |#5  
Recognized Developer
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 7,830

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks

fastboot flash <partition> <partition>.img

So if you're flashing to the boot partition, put boot where <partition> is and so on and so forth.
The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 12:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:

Thanks

pretty much the same.

fastboot flash boot <bootimg>

you can also use fastboot boot <bootimg> to boot a kernel without flashing it (I think I got that command line right)
The Following User Says Thank You to artlan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift artlan Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 01:00 AM |#7  
Flag Kansas City, MO
Thanks Meter: 1,229

Donate to Me
More
20:20 2/5
Here is the issues I had on the initial install.last week. Can someone confirm what is still there? I will erase what has been fixed. With this Houston can have a rough draft. Also post the problems I didn't list. I can hit "Thanks" so you know I got your message. I won't do this indefinitely but I can maintain the issues for long enough. The title of the post will reflect the time and date of the last edit.

Problems-
-O- No Rear Camer Corrected
-O- Front camera pictures are upside down Corrected
-O- Wi-Fi kills 3g/4g (when you turn off Wi-Fi)
-O- Incoming sms has no caller id(shows up anonymous)
-O- No out going sms
-O- Something kills mobile data after it initially works. I don't know if it goes idle and doesn't wake up or what. It ran flawlessly on irc for an hour the other night. This is probably related to the Wi-Fi issue.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to kc_exactly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kc_exactly Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 01:18 AM |#8  
Flag Beltsville

Donate to Me
More
So i did fastboot flash boot boot.img and now the phone doesn't start up at all. Any way I can get back to recovery?
6th February 2013, 01:22 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ontario

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So i did fastboot flash boot boot.img and now the phone doesn't start up at all. Any way I can get back to recovery?

try wiping cache and dalvik cache..

there maybe a problem with the kernel i'll post another one in case.
6th February 2013, 01:33 AM |#10  
Flag Beltsville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonn

try wiping cache and dalvik cache..

there maybe a problem with the kernel i'll post another one in case.

I have no access to recovery or fastboot...all i see is a dark screen with nothing on it...when i type fastboot devices or adb devices, nothing happens

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Any help? Screen is on dark blue with nothing on it. If I press and hold power, the screen goes black for few seconds and then the LG splash screen shows up and then returns to dark blue screen.
6th February 2013, 02:15 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ontario

Donate to Me
More
seems with the new kernel front and back camera are working
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houstonn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift houstonn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)