[MOD][PORT] Sony BRAVIA Engine 3

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By {C0deF0x}, Member on 6th February 2013, 05:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATED TO BRAVIA 3!

Sony BRAVIA Engine 3 Ported To The Galaxy Note II

ALL MODELS

The Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 3 is a video enhancement program for Sony phones. It uses filters and algorithms to create a clearer and more contrasted picture and an overall smoother experience. This is perfect for the Note II's huge HD screen but can be a little to saturated for people like photographers who want to see how the photo looks exactly with out any enhancements. The change is not huge but is definitely noticeable if two devices are compared. This program is very light weight and works with all models of the Note II so far.

Quote:

While the latest BRAVIA ENGINE 3 builds on tried and tested BRAVIA ENGINE technology, it does so with the advantage of a new picture processing software.

This new technology has allowed BRAVIA ENGINE to improve - even in respect to its own dazzling performance:

Contrast. Increased depth and clarity, as well as new light control technology to control peak brightness levels, means stunning images even on the brightest of scenes.

Colours. New colour histogram technology detects and optimises overall colour distribution of each frame. This technology delivers breathtaking colour by making millions of improvements to each frame before you even see it.

Detail. Advanced Noise Reduction lies behind BRAVIA’s ability to show you every blade of grass on a football pitch and really put you at the heart of the action.

CONFIRMED MODELS:
  • SGH-i317 (AT&T)
  • GT-N7100
  • GT-N7105
  • GT-i9000
  • SCH-i605 (Verizon)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Download Attatched Zip
  2. Boot Into CWM/TWRP Recovery
  3. Backup (Optional But Suggested)
  4. Choose Downloaded Zip And Flash
  5. Reboot
  6. Done!

• dmarino933 (TWRP confirm)
  • kevtrysmoddin (GT-i9000 confirm)

NOTE: It is hard to notice the difference after flashing but trust me if there are no errors during flash you should be good to go. Also try comparing it to another device and it should be pretty clear.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Bravia_Engine_3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (140.3 KB, 45901 views)
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to {C0deF0x} For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift {C0deF0x} Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 05:53 AM |#2  
OP Member
Flag St. Louis

More
reserved
Edit: please ignore that .DS_store file within the zip. it is just a hidden file that is in every directory of the Mac OS (yes im a mac guy). Apparently it is just meant to help the OS remember the order of the files within a directory. It was left in there because, like i said, it's hidden so i didnt even think to remove it because I really didnt know it was there.
The Following User Says Thank You to {C0deF0x} For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift {C0deF0x} Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 06:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
twrp recover does not work
6th February 2013, 06:32 AM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,839

Donate to Me
More
sorry, but i have to say this again --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post34793397
6th February 2013, 07:21 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Re: [MOD] Sony BRAVIA Engine 2
Twrp didn't work and cwm aborted also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
6th February 2013, 03:16 PM |#6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 864

More
FAILED on TWRP DM6
6th February 2013, 03:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
T-889 test
Installation aborted cwm6 stock root T-889
The Following User Says Thank You to crizwilliam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crizwilliam Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 10:23 PM |#8  
Flag Milwaukee-414
Thanks Meter: 934

Donate to Me
More
For those who the zip did not flash for, I found the problem and fixed the zip. It was just zipped up wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bravia Engine 2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (140.3 KB, 6083 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OGWisdom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OGWisdom Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 10:42 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag St. Louis

More
THANKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGWisdom

For those who the zip did not flash for, I found the problem and fixed the zip. It was just zipped up wrong.

Thanks a lot for this Im new to this android stuff and now people wont hate me! can I use this for the post? Dumb mistake wont happen again
8th February 2013, 03:55 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
has anyone tried bravia 2?
whats the feedback
8th February 2013, 04:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeric1

has anyone tried bravia 2?
whats the feedback

Just flashed this and its great. Colors really pop and looks stunning. I compared this to my GS3 and there is a slight yet significant difference. It's worth a flash. Also no issues so far and had a successful install.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)