FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can I use an old i9000 as a media player?

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By sohell, Senior Member on 6th February 2013, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

I have an old i9000 that is fully functioning, and has been replaced by a i9100. I'd like to re-purpose the i9000, and use it as a mp3/mkv/media player. I haven't been on these threads for over 18months, and would like to know what ROM you would suggest I should start with.

There would not be any SIM card involved, and the only data would be WiFi. I am looking for something very light, flexible (i.e. will play as large a range of media as possible), has great battery (even though I would be playing music through it!!), and it doesn't have to be anything new (so Gingerbread based ROMs would be fine).

I am hoping that there is a ROM that is made to look like a media player, and has great media cataloging, and a great media player and sounds great via headphones. Any ideas or threads where such a ROM exists?

If not, then I may have to install an old, but reliable ROM, and skin the launcher so it looks like a media player....
6th February 2013, 10:28 AM |#2  
Flag fatehabad (hry)
Thanks Meter: 1,519

More
flash the test cm7 available for galaxy s and after that flash any music mod like acid audio engine etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to dheeraj (dhlalit11) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dheeraj (dhlalit11) Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 02:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Thanks

If anyone else wanted the link to cm7, here it is

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1061946
12th February 2013, 06:48 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Just to update this thread:

I have finally settled on nitr8's old GB ROM - insanity CM 057 [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=843019]

It currently lasts me five days with all radios off (no WiFi, no Bluetooth, and no SIM card - basically, it stays in airplane mode), and is just used as an mp3 player, listening to music for about 3 hours a day & an alarm every morning.

Just what I was looking for. Thanks again for looking and suggesting anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)