FORUMS

[MOD][4.1.2]Change floating MultiWindow cascade icon for ANY ROM[N8000/N8010/N8013]

1,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 842

Post Reply Email Thread
Starting with 4.1.2, Samsung has included a floating cascade icon for apps which are MultiWindow capable, but do not use the standard Android menu bar. This icon automatically overlays the app in the lower right hand corner when in full-screen mode. An example of this is SolidExplorer. The developers added MultiWindow compatibility, but the icon gets overlayed in the lower right corner, as seen here:

On certain apps this overlay can get in the way of other buttons or text, and can be annoying. This mod will allow you to change the icon on ANY 4.1.2 based ROM, for N8000, N8010, and N8013. It will NOT remove any features of your ROM.

Here's an example of SolidExplorer with one of my modified icons:

Of course, the floating icon will change for all apps that already have the floating icon. This will NOT add MultiWindow capability to any apps that don't already have it.

There are currently 9 icons to choose from, and I will make more as people request them.

REQUIREMENTS: Root is NOT required, but a custom recovery IS required.

INSTRUCTIONS/DOWNLOADS: Go here for the instructions and download links: http://jammasterclay.webs.com/

NOTE: In order to keep everything working properly, you will need to go through Step 2 every time you flash a ROM update. This ensures that no custom features of your ROM will break.

bjbinc: his mod made me think of the idea for a universal solution. Check out his apps here.
VillainROM and Partners: Their script is what allows this to work on any ROM and allowed me to cut the steps down from 6 to 2. Check out the VRTheme thread here.

I am not responsible for any damage incurred by your device. Be a responsible flasher!
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to claytonjn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift claytonjn Ad-Free
7th February 2013, 01:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
This is great news and good work looking forward to trying this out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Specialp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Specialp Ad-Free
7th February 2013, 01:18 AM |#3  
Flag Niteroi
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Amazing news. That will be a great solution for everybody! Look forward to trying this out ASAP.
7th February 2013, 04:37 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Instructions and download links are here: http://jammasterclay.webs.com/ and added to the OP.

PLEASE ONLY SHARE LINKS TO THIS THREAD.

Feedback appreciated
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claytonjn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift claytonjn Ad-Free
7th February 2013, 05:50 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Works great on my 8013 with omega rom easy to follow instructions trying to come up with some ideas for the icons. Keep up the good work clay
The Following User Says Thank You to Specialp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Specialp Ad-Free
9th February 2013, 08:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Thumbs up
Works great on GT N8000 with Omega v2.0 rom
9th February 2013, 10:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
This is asking too much but it would be better if we can drag that button elsewhere instead of changing the size of the button.
9th February 2013, 10:50 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Re: [MOD][4.1.2]Change floating MultiWindow cascade icon for ANY ROM[N8000/N8010/N801
Quote:
Originally Posted by cproaudio

This is asking too much but it would be better if we can drag that button elsewhere instead of changing the size of the button.

Yu can move wherever you want see screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360406997277.jpg
Views:	1402
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1715066   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360407025446.jpg
Views:	1291
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1715067   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360407042188.jpg
Views:	1278
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1715068  
9th February 2013, 11:15 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Confirmed working on N8000 with Omega Rom V2.0.
Dragging function working too.

Thank you for your work.
9th February 2013, 03:28 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolmanb

Yu can move wherever you want see screenshots.

http://db.tt/1upKXQxl

I can not find the function for dragging...
9th February 2013, 03:56 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Re: [MOD][4.1.2]Change floating MultiWindow cascade icon for ANY ROM[N8000/N8010/N801
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddborello

I can not find the function for dragging...

The ability to drag the icon is unique to Omega ROM. It isn't something I will add to this mod because it involves changing system framework files. Because each ROM has their own special features and additions then if I made a flashable zip to allow the button to be moveable you would most likely loose some other functionality in your ROM. My main focus of this mod is to make it work on any 4.1.2 ROM without breaking anything.

If you want the moveable icon I would recommend you try Omega ROM. Its what I use personally and it's been very reliable. They also have a great dev team that's very responsive.

PS: in Omega you just press the icon and drag it, there's no option to enable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claytonjn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift claytonjn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
multiwindow cascade icon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)