[APP][4.0+] YouTube Downloader v5.2.1

1,359 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,907

Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2016, 01:38 PM |#2961  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Awesome app to download YouTube videos..., Thank you...,
The Following User Says Thank You to RaguX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RaguX Ad-Free

12th August 2016, 04:38 PM |#2962  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 7

More
This app is great! Thank you so much!
I can't find any post about opus audio in mkv container support in this thread.

But until now android 6 is only support natively opus audio in mkv container.

https://developer.android.com/guide/...a-formats.html

Of course I don't want to touch this very good quality of YouTube opus 128 kbits audio Streams and convert to mp3 or aac, but with webm streaming containers opus audio become a video for Android. I have to use vlc or mxplayer to play a YouTube opus playlist and that's not comfortable. A solution to mux automatically opus audio untouched in mkv containers would be fantastic! Hope you give me right

Edit : better nativ .Opus than .mkv - I'll tried it with poweramp and shuttle+ . Poweramp only accept .opus
13th August 2016, 07:19 PM |#2963  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Where can i find login option
I want to download some videos but its asking me for login... ???Click image for larger version

Name:	1471108753530.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3841484

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA-Developers mobile app
14th August 2016, 04:41 AM |#2964  
Elysium
Thanks Meter: 725

More
This still work on NP5????
14th August 2016, 04:46 AM |#2965  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks!
Great app. I understand why developers are shying away from these types of apps nowadays, but I'm grateful for it. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to rjm831 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjm831 Ad-Free
14th August 2016, 03:02 PM |#2966  

More
Hi guys, like the app but why is the custom folder option greyed out?
The Following User Says Thank You to mada2485 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mada2485 Ad-Free
14th August 2016, 06:11 PM |#2967  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hello people!
I'll try to answer to some of the latest posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oae08

So sad that developmemt has stopped. The app is so great

I'm actually back (kinda...)

I found the time and motivation to get my hands dirty again. For the moment I made some fixes in the beta version. For more info, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecooler

... Hopefully he can fix the audio download issue in mux videos the next release...

If you're are referring to the audio being downloaded slowly compared to the video part... Probably you will have to wait, sorry. Honestly I didn't tested this part for the next beta release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelspires

In the last YouTube update, which changed the way to make sharing is not working to download.

Fixed in the next beta (support added for the "shared?ci=" link format).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor

Of course I don't want to touch this very good quality of YouTube opus 128 kbits audio Streams and convert to mp3 or aac, but with webm streaming containers opus audio become a video for Android.
Edit : better nativ .Opus than .mkv - I'll tried it with poweramp and shuttle+ . Poweramp only accept .opus

Fixed in the next beta too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immy8796

Where can i find login option
I want to download some videos but its asking me for login... ???

You can't (and this will not change in the future).

But:

While I was looking how to fix the new "shared" link from the YouTube app, I noticed that some videos are age-restricted but have media streams available anyway. So I removed the check for the age restriction. What will happen is that some age-restricted videos may be available for download (while they would have been blocked in older releases). Otherwise (I mean, if the link doesn't contain media streams to download) the "no-streams" warning will pop-up anyway on the screen.
If the above it's not clear: just know that some videos that were not downloadable with older versions, probably now are.
I didn't have time to do much tests though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm831

Great app. I understand why developers are shying away from these types of apps nowadays, but I'm grateful for it. Thank you!

You're welcome! But what exactly do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mada2485

Hi guys, like the app but why is the custom folder option greyed out?

Please search back in this thread for plenty of information.

-----

I'd like to thank everyone who showed support and appreciation in the last months, while I was not very active on this thread.

The link to the beta thread is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335450

Please put comments related to the beta over there, not here.

The stable build for the moment will have to wait.

Thanks!
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
14th August 2016, 07:11 PM |#2968  
Thanks Meter: 221

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

Please search back in this thread for plenty of information.

If you can try to get External sdcard to work again that would be amazing. I miss older versions with extSD working.
In MM using default picker allows you to select both internal and external storage.
For example, SMS backup & restore uses default selector(file chooser) when choosing external:

It brings up the selector which allows you to select external, too:
14th August 2016, 07:38 PM |#2969  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@m0d I understand. If you look in YTD when moving files to extSdCard after they are completed in dashboard, the selector should be the same.

The problem I have with this app (apart from my programming skills, which is exactly the case here), basically is that for the case above I can easily use the (crappy) writing methods the Android SDK provides, while it seems impossible to access the extSdCard for the download task, at least considering how it works at the moment. The same applies for the FFmpeg operations (and for id3 tags editing). Those tasks category relay heavily on the File methods, that are exactly what "They" limited in the latest SDKs... Would have been so easy if they had provided just an additional app permission...

I.e.:

- Video downloaded and then moved to sdcard1 (my removable sdcard);
- Tried audio extraction;
- Bang! (Failed).
Unfortunately no warning nor explanation (and this is also a good fix to do).

Anyway, let's see what I come up with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
15th August 2016, 12:16 AM |#2970  

More
Glad u are back dentex. But really, i didn't find any solution to the bug where my custom download folder is greyed out. Installed the beta but that did not solve it..
15th August 2016, 07:30 AM |#2971  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mada2485

Glad u are back dentex. But really, i didn't find any solution to the bug where my custom download folder is greyed out. Installed the beta but that did not solve it..

Yeah, this part hasn't changed. I will have a further look at it when/if possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)