[FIX] HtcDev Blocks SuperCID

1,531 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,888

By 18th.abn, Senior Member on 7th February 2013, 09:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just a heads up, HTCDEV unlocking no longer works with supercid. Changing cid to 22222222 does work. Thanks BEAUPS for already confirming that (Hes a beast)

Seeing that the chances of the hox exploits getting updated are pretty slim heres a easy fix to get people unlocked

Easy fix-

Use any existing exploits that changes your cid to supercid. Once done-

From bootloader use the fastboot cmd

fastboot oem writecid 22222222

Then proceed with getting your unlock token as usual using htcdev

The above cmd will only work with supercid. Once you change it to anything other, the command no longer will change cid. You have to do it manually.....

This is just a heads up and a quick workaround for those that need it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 18th.abn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 18th.abn Ad-Free
7th February 2013, 10:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 848

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18th.abn

Just a heads up. Changing cid to 22222222 works. Thanks BEAUPS for testing/confirming that.

Easy fix-

Use any existing exploits that changes your cid to supercid. Once done-

From bootloader use the fastboot cmd

fastboot oem writecid 22222222

Then proceed with getting your unlock token.

The above cmd will only work with supercid. Once you change it to anything other, the command no longer will change cid. You have to do it manually.....

This is just a heads up and a quick workaround for those that need it.

They just started blocking it? I just Unlocked my Bootloader last Sunday with 11111111 just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper4713 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Viper4713 Ad-Free
7th February 2013, 10:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Re: HtcDev wesite Blocking Supercid FIX
Great work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
7th February 2013, 11:47 PM |#4  
Flag Modville
Thanks Meter: 2,839

More
Re: [FIX] HtcDev Blocks SuperCID
Seriously?! Why would they do this? Is SuperCID a security risk? I thought I had left this kind of crap behind when I retired my iphone.

This is my first and last HTC phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
8th February 2013, 11:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 392

More
does this mean updating to jb sense with 22222222 will no longer brick phone like with supercid?
8th February 2013, 11:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 585

More
Supercid doesn't cause brick or atleast out of the many ota's I have done it has never caused an issue. Who actually did have issues with supercid and an ota?
8th February 2013, 12:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedddx

Supercid doesn't cause brick or atleast out of the many ota's I have done it has never caused an issue. Who actually did have issues with supercid and an ota?

I get an issue with SuperCID: I apply an ota from an official RUU to get Jelly Bean, the ota was very well installed but at the end of the process the phone doesn't boot an was locked in QHSUSB_DLOAD and at this time when you're locked in this mod by OTA update with superCID you can't rewrite partitions with the topic "unbricking evita".
My only solution was mobiletechvideos.com who fixed it very well
8th February 2013, 12:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 585

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik93250

I get an issue with SuperCID: I apply an ota from an official RUU to get Jelly Bean, the ota was very well installed

What ruu did you apply? Was the phone modified in any other way than supercid? Eg was the hboot downgraded? Previous unlocked bootloader? Current unlocked bootloader?
What was the full state of the phone prior to accepting ota.
How was the ota applied? Did you simply check for updates and accept then follow prompts. Or installed via fastboot?

I have upgraded 2 hk one xl's with supercid to 3.17 via ota without issue. One was previously hong Kong ruu then wiped and had singtel stock Rom flashed then accepted singtel 3.17 ota. Could not use singtel ruu as Hong Kong ruu was newer and already installed. Hboot downgrade and software version tinkering still did not allow singtel ruu. I could only reinstall honk Kong ruu.
The other via o2 ruu and o2 3.17.

There seems to be some differences in the protections in hboot. Downgrading my phones hboot to 1.09 did not make flashing radio and boot from recovery functional again. It did not let me install older ruu's. My devices, one that has had every mod and flash done to it and the other very very little, both seem super hboot protected now!
The similar theme is both devices have been through all 4 generation of ota's. Following different ota and ruu paths but have now got the same outcome.

Maybe it relates to when supercid was applied even. Both my devices had supercid applied at hboot 1.09.
8th February 2013, 04:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Damn HTC and ATT! They are bent on making this difficult. My next phone will be Nexus, enough of this crap!
8th February 2013, 04:42 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
We've had worse patches to overcome on the Evita, atleast its a simple solution for the time being. I do agree tho. I moved on from htc for the time being.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
8th February 2013, 08:39 PM |#11  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iElvis

Seriously?! Why would they do this? Is SuperCID a security risk? I thought I had left this kind of crap behind when I retired my iphone.

This is my first and last HTC phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

done moved over to the nexus 4 myself
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)