FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Close]Xperia V with locked boot loader

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By chansom, Junior Member on 8th February 2013, 02:53 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
A new easy method is introduced, lets follow another thread, thank you for supports

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2186368

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requirement;
Rooted 4.0.4 with locked bootloader (Rooting)
CWM for Xperia V ICS (CWM)

Make a backup copy that is compatible with JB
1. Flash stock JB rom in CWM (XperiaV-JB.zip)
This step is probably!, not required, yet it is to be checked. Firstly I tried without this step and my phone got continuous reboot. When you flashed the stock JB rom do not reboot the device and proceed to step 2.
2. Flash JB rom in CWM - Xperia V Supersport JB is recommended (Xperia.V.Supersport.JB.V1.1.zip)
You can use another rom, but I haven't noticed any problems with this one so far. Do not reboot the device and get right to next step.
3. Flash fix for CWM (Xperia.V.JB.CWM.Fix.zip)
Do not turn on your phone. You can push reboot in CWM and when the screen is off pull out the battery. Only then the next step.
4. Flash stock kernel 9.1.A.0.490 FTF in Flashtool (LT25_SXV_Stok_Kernel_9.1.A.0.490_Dogsly.ftf) thanks to, Dogsly

After rebooting, your phone will be in android 4.1.2 with SU in locked bootloader,
If you have applied fix for CWM in step 3, you can still enter CWM but press power button (not holding) instead of volume button.

If you are in JB with root already, you can install CWM for xperia T v2 made by davidmarco. (Xperia.V.JB.CWM.Install.zip)
Install step refers to ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2 for Xperia T/TL/TX/V
Enter CWM in JB: After blue LED appear, continue press power button (not holding)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-11-58.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1713435Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-12-22.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1713436Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-13-57.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1713437Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1970-01-02-08-14-05.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1713438
Successful root with permission to mount system writable

Thanks Emberlificote for adding the details : )
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chansom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chansom Ad-Free

8th February 2013, 04:49 AM |#2  
Flag Landskrona
Thanks Meter: 512

More
Sv: [Root] Xperia V with locked boot loader
Nice guide, thanks!

Step 1: I read there is no Gapps in that ROM?

Step 2: do you mean flash kernel.sin and loader.sin?

And tft is picture format, maybe you mean ftf? :-p
8th February 2013, 05:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
why are people always said tft not ftf? I have read a lot of that tft. I'm just curious or maybe I'm the one who is ignorant?. Sorry for the off-topic
8th February 2013, 08:35 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datagubben

Nice guide, thanks!

Step 1: I read there is no Gapps in that ROM?

Step 2: do you mean flash kernel.sin and loader.sin?

And tft is picture format, maybe you mean ftf? :-p

Step 1: Yes, maybe i upload the stock one later

Step 2: Yes, sorry for the mistake

maybe the step not so clear, but im a bit busy right now, i will edit the post and upload the screenshot later
The Following User Says Thank You to chansom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chansom Ad-Free
8th February 2013, 11:30 AM |#5  
Flag Landskrona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chansom

Step 1: Yes, maybe i upload the stock one later

Step 2: Yes, sorry for the mistake

maybe the step not so clear, but im a bit busy right now, i will edit the post and upload the screenshot later

I think its better you write: flash Jelly Bean ROM instead of system, its confusing (system.sin)?

Anyway, good finding.
8th February 2013, 11:44 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
@datagubben have you manage to root your V? using this step? can you also create a step that is more clearer thanks
8th February 2013, 12:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
A request to a clear simple step guide instructions how to root the xperia v with bootloader locked please.
8th February 2013, 12:54 PM |#8  
Flag Landskrona

More
Edit: Use OP instructions.
8th February 2013, 01:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is there gapps?
8th February 2013, 01:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
This firmware TRIMMED-LT25i-SOL21_9.0.F.0.195.ftf as I understand I am sure is for the Xperia VL and I tried it, keep getting to Xperia logo then reboot it everytime and it ask for the decryption key so what is that please?

I already Jelly Bean locked on my phone so can jump to flashing with with above firmware again concerned it might keep rebooting or I do I need to downgrade to ICS firmware first?
8th February 2013, 02:06 PM |#11  
Flag Landskrona

More
Sv: [Root] Xperia V with locked boot loader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfunnyguy

This firmware TRIMMED-LT25i-SOL21_9.0.F.0.195.ftf as I understand I am sure is for the Xperia VL and I tried it, keep getting to Xperia logo then reboot it everytime and it ask for the decryption key so what is that please?

Its the only kernel with exploit and yes this works. Dont know why not work for U.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread