FORUMS

[ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013

3,246 posts
Thanks Meter: 976

By cmlusco, Senior Member on 10th February 2013, 08:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Stock Rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD Rom

Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.19 710RD rom. It is rooted, zip aligned, has busybox and comes in odexed or deodexed versions. Other than that it is untouched. Enjoy

[standard flashing disclaimer here]

Do a full wipe (boot, system, data, datadata, cache, android secure) except for sdcard and emmc, then flash like any other rom.

Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.19 rom may be able to be flashed over Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.15 rom, but is untested. If you flash over and have issues, do a full wipe and fresh install.

_
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmlusco Ad-Free
10th February 2013, 09:16 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

Donate to Me
More
2-13-2013 - Fixed TWRP flashing issues.
3-13-2013 - Fixed Superuser issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmlusco Ad-Free
10th February 2013, 02:30 PM |#3  
Flag Kalispell,MT
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Sweet! Thank your sir.

Been waiting for this- One question I forget on the Dinc can you delete system apps on the phone?

I just activated my dinc again on pagepluscellular($12) I have to say for it's age the little guy holds up well. Looking forward to more roms and hopefully no more 2am reboot issue.
10th February 2013, 02:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Re: [ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTank

Sweet! Thank your sir.

Been waiting for this- One question I forget on the Dinc can you delete system apps on the phone?

I just activated my dinc again on pagepluscellular($12) I have to say for it's age the little guy holds up well. Looking forward to more roms and hopefully no more 2am reboot issue.

Just grab a root file explorer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Osiris19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Osiris19 Ad-Free
10th February 2013, 03:29 PM |#5  
Flag Kalispell,MT
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris19

Just grab a root file explorer.

Thank you I forgot dinc has that level of system access just with root. IIRC titanium bu can also.
13th February 2013, 08:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTank

Thank you I forgot dinc has that level of system access just with root. IIRC titanium bu can also.

I pulled out my old Incredible to see if I could breathe some new life into it and updated it to TWRP 2.4.1.0 and made a NANdroid backup of my old ROM. Went to go install it and get the Status 2 error, so I put in a newer update-binary. Not a big deal. I go to flash it again, and I get the Status 7 error, meaning I need to update to a newer version of my recovery. Not possible! So I re-flashed recovery and tried again. No dice. I can still restore my backup, so it's still alive right now. I'm curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this. Does anyone have any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to IceDragon59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IceDragon59 Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 09:33 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragon59

I pulled out my old Incredible to see if I could breathe some new life into it and updated it to TWRP 2.4.1.0 and made a NANdroid backup of my old ROM. Went to go install it and get the Status 2 error, so I put in a newer update-binary. Not a big deal. I go to flash it again, and I get the Status 7 error, meaning I need to update to a newer version of my recovery. Not possible! So I re-flashed recovery and tried again. No dice. I can still restore my backup, so it's still alive right now. I'm curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Let me do some testing. I made it twrp compatible but never tested with twrp only cwm. I may have messed something up.

EDIT: FIXED!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I haven't gotten much feedback so far. Just redownload and flash.
14th February 2013, 12:32 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Let me do some testing. I made it twrp compatible but never tested with twrp only cwm. I may have messed something up.

EDIT: FIXED!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I haven't gotten much feedback so far. Just redownload and flash.

Your zip works now. What was the problem?

Also, I've always been able to edit ROM zips and delete and add apks without any issue, but I can't now with this one. It keeps giving me the status 7 error about 80% through the install when all I do is delete some Verizon bloat from the zip file. Your zip is fine, it's just when I modify it that it's giving me a problem. I'm not using the MD5 file, so it shouldn't affect anything. Also, I don't think it should let me get 80% done with the install before it breaks only because of some deleted files.
14th February 2013, 12:49 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Your zip works now. What was the problem?

Also, I've always been able to edit ROM zips and delete and add apks without any issue, but I can't now with this one. It keeps giving me the status 7 error about 80% through the install when all I do is delete some Verizon bloat from the zip file. Your zip is fine, it's just when I modify it that it's giving me a problem. I'm not using the MD5 file, so it shouldn't affect anything. Also, I don't think it should let me get 80% done with the install before it breaks only because of some deleted files.

Had to update the update-binary, and edit the mount commands in the updater-script.

Deleteing apps from /system/app in the rom zip should not affect the zip in any way. Are you just deleting them from within 7zip, or are you unziping, deleting, and then rezipping it?

Status 7 usually reffers to an error in the updater-script. Since it stoped about 80% thru, about 80% thru the updater-script is where the issue is.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmlusco Ad-Free
14th February 2013, 01:02 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Had to update the update-binary, and edit the mount commands in the updater-script.

Deleteing apps from /system/app in the rom zip should not affect the zip in any way. Are you just deleting them from within 7zip, or are you unziping, deleting, and then rezipping it?

Status 7 usually reffers to an error in the updater-script. Since it stoped about 80% thru, about 80% thru the updater-script is where the issue is.

Deleting them in WinZip. That's how I've always successfully done it before.
14th February 2013, 03:37 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Deleting them in WinZip. That's how I've always successfully done it before.

I will try it and see if it does the same for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)