Whatsapp allows you to copy a single message by long pressing it, But occasionally we need to copy part of a conversation, which is not supported by Whatsapp. Here is a way to do this. Hope it comes handy.
- Whatsapp application.
- Jota Text Editor application (available in Play market).
- Open the conversation to copy messages from in Whatsapp.
- Press menu button and select "More" then "Email conversation" then select "Without media" then select any of the Email applications shown, for example "Gmail" but don’t send any message just cancel.
- Open the Jota Text Editor application.
- Press menu button and select "File" and "Open" then select the "Whatsapp" folder, then "Media" folder, then ".Shared" folder. You will see the name of the conversation you asked to Email earlier. Open it.
- You will see all the messages of the conversation and you can copy multiple messages from here.
We used "Jota Text Editor" application, but you can use any text editor or file explorer that can open a TXT file.
This method is for Android system, but can be used for other systems with minor modifications.
Use a file explorer to dispose accumulated TXT conversations in the ".Shared" folder. This folder is hidden but file explorers has an option to show hidden folders and files.