FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSE MOD] Remap double-press home to long-press search (No more SVoice!)

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By BuckeyBall, Junior Member on 11th February 2013, 12:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

I should probably start by pointing out that you need the Xpose Framework installed to use this! Click here for the Xpose APK and more information about it

I've been looking over the Xpose Framework recently and I've become really impressed with it. So in learning it, I went ahead and corrected a few of the things I didn't like about the stock TouchWiz ROM on our Note 2's. I thought I'd go ahead and share this mod because I think I'm not the only one who prefers google voice search over S-Voice. The best bit, though, is that long-press search is just a regular Intent that any app can answer, so you're not locked down to Google voice search either!

I've attached the HoldHome APK in the post below.

One of the other things I managed to 'correct' via Xpose was that snoopy SysScope app, incidentally. I'm a bit concerned about releasing that one though, for obvious reasons.

Hope you guys find this useful
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to BuckeyBall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuckeyBall Ad-Free

11th February 2013, 11:47 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
File attached in this post.
Attached Files
File Type: apk HoldHome.apk - [Click for QR Code] (180.6 KB, 2796 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BuckeyBall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuckeyBall Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 12:42 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Re: [XPOSE MOD] Remap double-press home to long-press search (No more SVoice!)
Will test this out after work. I have been using Home2Launcher, but would like not to... expect an edit around 2AM EST.

EDIT - unfortunately it does nothing for me, double press had no response. Disabled the home2launcher, rebooted after activating module, no luck...
12th February 2013, 05:44 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid

Will test this out after work. I have been using Home2Launcher, but would like not to... expect an edit around 2AM EST.

EDIT - unfortunately it does nothing for me, double press had no response. Disabled the home2launcher, rebooted after activating module, no luck...

Hmm. Did you disable the the S-Voice activation on home press setting in the SVoice app itself? (Menu button in the SVoice app -> Settings) You need to have that setting enabled so the mod can hijack the intent it generates.
The Following User Says Thank You to BuckeyBall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuckeyBall Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 06:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyBall

Hmm. Did you disable the the S-Voice activation on home press setting in the SVoice app itself? (Menu button in the SVoice app -> Settings) You need to have that setting enabled so the mod can hijack the intent it generates.

I do not have S-Voice installed, guess this won't work for me...
12th February 2013, 07:36 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid

I do not have S-Voice installed, guess this won't work for me...

Ah, there we go then. This is designed for the stock roms where S-Voice pops up if you double press the homebutton. Custom Roms would be too varied for me to target
The Following User Says Thank You to BuckeyBall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BuckeyBall Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 06:40 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 63,891

Donate to Me
More
Thank
It also gives option to other voice dialer like cyber on voice command,
Or can configure to voice calendar too.
Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
22nd February 2013, 08:57 PM |#8  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Im running stock touchwiz on my Note 2, with the Xposed framework and I can't get this to work. The module is there and enabled. I have nova launcher installed but removed all gestures. I have disabled s voice option as you stated above.

Holding the home button simply brings up the multitasking menu. Double press does nothing now that I have disabled it in the s-voice settings.
23rd February 2013, 07:21 AM |#9  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roligov

Im running stock touchwiz on my Note 2, with the Xposed framework and I can't get this to work. The module is there and enabled. I have nova launcher installed but removed all gestures. I have disabled s voice option as you stated above.

Holding the home button simply brings up the multitasking menu. Double press does nothing now that I have disabled it in the s-voice settings.

Have you remapped the long press search? Long press home and you should see a magnifying glass. Hit that button and select Google Now.
23rd February 2013, 07:31 AM |#10  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Where do I remap the long press search? Like I said holding the home button simply brings up the multitasking menu. Double press the home button does nothing now that I have disabled it in the s-voice settings.
23rd February 2013, 10:58 PM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7

More
When you long press the home button and the multitasking menu comes up there should be 3 buttons at the bottom. One is a trashcan, one is to check the RAM and the middle button should be a magnifying glass. Hit that and set Google Search as your default. Here's two screenshots to show you before and after. It goes from magnifying glass to the Google logo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-23-14-39-33.jpg
Views:	1678
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1755525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-23-14-36-11.jpg
Views:	1689
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1755526  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)