Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Heya ,,My note too has gone for repairs after using this ROM for 2 days ,,, My battery was behaving strangly showing charging and then discharging so I had to finally take it in for repair... Not sure how they will react once they see a leaked ROM on my phone since I am still under warranty ....They said that it looks like the power board or something is messed up ....
Has anyone else experienced this?
- all started as I tried to installed some apps needing the phone to be rooted
- so, I root the phone, phone is confirmed rooted...
- however I find that the menu and back button at the bottom do not work anymore, also the auto rotation is reversed...horizontal instead of vertical and vice-versa. The battery doesn't charge anymore and is indicated as disconnected...
- Eventually I find a way to charge the battery in order to be able to interact with the phone.
- I still find some Korean characters inside the phone so to try to solve the problem I decide to upgrade the firmware... Kies won't let me do this so I download some firmware and use Odin
- Sometimes it works (PASS), sometimes it doesn't (FAIL) but in any case the phone doesn't start after the process completed...I can't even get to recovery mode.
- The only thing I can do now is to put the phone in download mode and re-try....
- at the end the phone would be in a loop between vibrate then samsung logo, vibrate then...even Odin indicates PASS
- so far I have downloaded every possible firmware for this phone that I found (N7000ZSLM5, thaidai, pda...)
- my last attempt used not only the pda file but pda, phone and csc file even tried to add the PID.
Anyway, just to say, it is now impossible to get the download mode, I think I finalized the mess-up with the last attempt (with PID)
I will keep searching in the forum I717 (was confused as the ebay title for my phone was N7000...)
May I just have your idea? with a phone in this state, do i still get a chance to fix it? or am I done and just lost few hundred bucks? I thought that every phone could be re-installed...however with no access like this one I wonder how I can reset/re-install or do something in the right direction.
First of all this is n7000 not i717... For related info for your i717 check these forums here.. And i think your phone is e160. Read carefully because firmware aren`t compatible between devices even if they have same cpu/gpu etc.
You are lucky that the phone still starts even in recovery only... Odin says pass because his job is done.. He flashed the firmware even it`s not for your phone... Search a lil in those forums and find an original firmware that you could flash with odin.. Try with samfirmware or tsar3000
Full wipe doesn`t helps in this case.. Changed SystemUI with the one from Ultimate XXLSC and only thing i gained is that now i have blue toggles and battery icon on sb . But still no settings.. And still fc if i put SecSettings from lsc as well.. I think guys from samsung got stucked with these bugs and they released the leak for home devs (not me) to fix it ).
As a second edit: I`m not responsable if you try what i mentioned above and your phone gets bricked, burned etc.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|