Turn off Quick Memo Shortcut

Search This thread

rezpec7

Feb 10, 2013
Does anyone know if theres any way to turn off the quickmemo shortcut or at least change the config for the button between the volume rocker. I have the tmo p769 running 10g obviously unrooted. So i need to know if theirs an option in the stock rom. Any help would help, thanks

luxstar

Dec 14, 2010
Jurmala
I think there is no way to turn off the quickmemo shortcut, but you could try disabling it in Settings->Apps->QuickMemo.

raymonthly

Oct 28, 2011
Does anyone know if theres any way to turn off the quickmemo shortcut or at least change the config for the button between the volume rocker. I have the tmo p769 running 10g obviously unrooted. So i need to know if theirs an option in the stock rom. Any help would help, thanks

If you mean quick memo shortcut in notification bar, I disabled it using edit button (rightmost button in notification bar, if you cannot see it, usually it hidden, just slide to show it)

vjncom

Jun 11, 2014
Turn off the quick memo function.

If you are rooted, please get a hold of the Rom Toolbox from Google Store, I think it is free. If you are not rooted you can find a root for the LGOP in the XDA forums for your phone and carrier. Once rooted you can install and open the Rom Toolbox app. Next find the app manager tab. Under this tab scroll down to find Quick Memo. Tap on it and a menu will come up asking if you want to perform different options, select freeze. This will keep the app, but allow you to stop it's functioning. If this causes any problems you can go back repeat the process and restore it to it's original state by selecting defrost. I did this and it is currently working as a fix for me and I have not had any problems yet.

BTW, I am not an expert, all solutions if they exist may be found online and many of the better ones in this forum.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

ephobic

Mar 17, 2015
You can't disable the QuickMemo app, but you can change what app the QuickButton opens or have it do nothing.

Where to go: Settings > QuickButton > Shortcut

Walkthrough: Go to the phone settings and scroll all the way down to the System section and tap on QuickButton. Then tap on Shortcut and a list of apps will show up. Select an app that you want the button to open. Or if you want it to do nothing, select None at the top of the list. That's it! Simple, right? ;)