New update incoming

Search This thread

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
Got my OTA today. Haven't had time to check everything out today but I have seen that my wi-fi connections are a lot better now. :)

pumah350

Jul 14, 2012
Fixed Mobile Hotspot

Oh yea! Fixed my Mobile Hotspot! Nice! Got it rockin again!

Stock DNA

jc332986

Mar 1, 2010
The update auto-downloaded. I deferred installation. Where do I go to find where it stored the file?

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
phone not taking update after re-locking and stock ruu. got it done on the 5th try. everything works the same, recovery, root and re-unlock if you were already unlocked.

Last edited:

treahuggs

Aug 28, 2012
Has anyone had any trouble loading their ROM back on after the update? Mainly the ViperDNA rom.

lazarus2297

Sep 2, 2010
North Carolina
My play store downloads have been slow lately and I haven't updated so maybe something with the play store...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Tidefan13

Dec 16, 2010
If u were unlocked, relocked, did ota, and unlocked all is good.

...btw, anybodies play store downloads super slow after ota. My speed test r fast though. Very weird.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

My playstore dl speed was very slow to, but I haven't taken the ota yet, I had to talk to Verizon about something else and they told me there systems were down. I don't know if that had anything to do with the dl speeds, also this was b4 I noticed the dl speeds

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

treahuggs

Aug 28, 2012
If you had a ROM loaded and went to stock, did the update, then went back to your rom. Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the ROM or would the update be more firmware that the ROM wouldnt change when loaded?

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
If you had a ROM loaded and went to stock, did the update, then went back to your rom. Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the ROM or would the update be more firmware that the ROM wouldnt change when loaded?

Kinda both. When you install a custom ROM, wipes the stock ROM away. The devs will probably include the improvements to the base ROM in their future updates though, so it's cool.
And yes, by taking the update, we get new radio / HBoot, so that's really the big reason to take it.

Sent from my HTC DNA

jc332986

Mar 1, 2010
Kinda both. When you install a custom ROM, wipes the stock ROM away. The devs will probably include the improvements to the base ROM in their future updates though, so it's cool.
And yes, by taking the update, we get new radio / HBoot, so that's really the big reason to take it.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Once the update is taken, and the phone is re/unlocked, I can install cubed stock to get sys write abilities, correct? Can I then restore viper from cwm, or will it not work?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All I want are the connectivity improvements.

Hopefully the update doesn't break root.

i just want more room for activities
    Pretty ticked that this isn't the 4.2 update. I love this phone, but super delayed carrier updates (such as the Thunderbolt just now getting ICS) is so damn annoying.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Your criticism of HTC/Verizon re: Thunderbolt updates is totally valid. But making comparisons between DNA and TB updates? That's just silly.

You can make these kinds of comparisons fairly when the DNA is 2 generations behind everybody else, like the TB was. But that is simply not the case right now. The DNA is pretty darn current, especially for a non-AOSP Android device.

So I'm sorry, but to be 'ticked' about ANY update when the device has only been out a few months is a bit melodramatic. My god, get real.

Sent from my HTC DNA
    The update auto-downloaded. I deferred installation. Where do I go to find where it stored the file?

Folder inside /cache
    For those of us who have held out unlocking so far, any speculation whether this will break the jcase method?

I've been told not to worry about it unless it has a new hboot...and before you ask: http://bit.ly/12LXLDw
    If we're on a custom kernel and/or rom will we get the update? I remember on Moto phones you have to be on the stock firmware with all its bloatware intact to get an update, though being rooted didn't matter.