FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] CM9 for s7 model-105 by hal version-53

74 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By hal_2000, Member on 12th February 2013, 11:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all, after a great effort and lot of work finally i got cm9 compile from source working in my s7 model 105.
this is a more stable version it still has some bugs that i'm trying to solve, help is welcome.
I used kernel from jotamj from another forum and i use asturel device files to get it started, asturel files is for the slim so i had to made some changes in the files, thanks to them.
For a long time i hope for a update from huawei but notthing came, people at huawei suck, they dont give any suport to there clients, so i and other had to do it in order to have cm9 or cm10 in huawei s7.

this work on:
my s7 model=105, it may work on 104 and in 106, probably will not work on s7 slim

what works:
-wifi
-bluetooth
-audio
-gps
-google play (solve, install gaps file)
-streaming (must install flash player 11)

do not work:
-camera
-usb mount on pc

how to install:
first do a backup, IMPORTANT , backup first ( in case same thing go wrong)
copy file zip to sdcard
boot on cwm and install zip file
reboot and wait 4 to 5 minutes, if anything goes wrong restore from backup.

version 53 (more stable)
link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9OI...it?usp=sharing

to solve google play install gaps
link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9OI...it?usp=sharing

help is welcome,
install on your device, test what work and what does not, google for solutions on the bugs you find, post solution here, i will aplly it to the next version, that way we can have a cm9 working 100% in very little time
in the case you can post, write a message to me.

to do next:
-correct google play (solved)
-camera

test it
hal_2000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-11-18-38-19.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1723137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-11-18-38-36.jpg
Views:	1533
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1723138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-11-18-38-56.jpg
Views:	1778
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1723139  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hal_2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hal_2000 Ad-Free

12th February 2013, 02:55 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Huawei isn't to blame I think. I don't think there are many QSD8250 devices that made it past Gingerbread. Acer (Liquid, Liquid E) and HTC (Desire) left their devices on Froyo. Dell (Streak 5) moved up to Gingerbread.

I have given my S7 away to a family member and won't be changing the firmware, but thanks for putting this together.

That's a weird looking ro.build.fingerprint you have there. Fix in cm.mk for build. Play Store also freaks out if you have a date too far from the present.
The Following User Says Thank You to xaueious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xaueious Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 01:31 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaueious

Huawei isn't to blame I think. I don't think there are many QSD8250 devices that made it past Gingerbread. Acer (Liquid, Liquid E) and HTC (Desire) left their devices on Froyo. Dell (Streak 5) moved up to Gingerbread.

I have given my S7 away to a family member and won't be changing the firmware, but thanks for putting this together.

That's a weird looking ro.build.fingerprint you have there. Fix in cm.mk for build. Play Store also freaks out if you have a date too far from the present.

Hi xaueious, when i bought my s7 it came with android 2.1, some time after huawei lunch android 2.2 for asia, i had to wait for a suedish user to hack it and lunch it for europe, they could lunch android 2.3 but they where not interest, that why i said huawei suck, other manufactures realeases updates for they clients, but not huawei.

the fingerprint of the build has to do with the system i came up with to test things, i started with asturel base devices files but that is for the slim, so i had to test what option worked or not, it took dozens of test and tries, to get it to work.
i got the google play problem solve, see post 1, and streaming to

I'm close to get a 100% working rom.
test it if you can, and help me solve the bugs if you find any, enjoy.

hal_2000
The Following User Says Thank You to hal_2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hal_2000 Ad-Free
14th February 2013, 03:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I installed your rom on my s7-105 but now it's not starting proper anymore. I see the word ANDROID and I can hear a small click every second but nothing more... what's wrong?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

After a re-boot I get the message "Update failed! Please retry!" No matter which key combination I try (vol+ & power, menue&green&power, oder vol+&vol-&power) this is all that I get!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!! What can I do now?????? How can I get back into CWM to reinstall a rom??????

after some try & error I found out that with the key combination back&red key & power I can make the device to boot, I see the words Ideos and later android again but that's all. It's not going on. I have no idea how I can install an older rom now....
The Following User Says Thank You to grka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grka Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 02:19 AM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grka

I installed your rom on my s7-105 but now it's not starting proper anymore. I see the word ANDROID and I can hear a small click every second but nothing more... what's wrong?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

After a re-boot I get the message "Update failed! Please retry!" No matter which key combination I try (vol+ & power, menue&green&power, oder vol+&vol-&power) this is all that I get!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!! What can I do now?????? How can I get back into CWM to reinstall a rom??????

after some try & error I found out that with the key combination back&red key & power I can make the device to boot, I see the words Ideos and later android again but that's all. It's not going on. I have no idea how I can install an older rom now....

Sounds like a boot loop. What ROM did you come from? You should be coming from Android 2.2, not 2.1.

Here's a list of stock firmware to use: http://johnnyparanoia.blogspot.co.uk...ware-list.html

Install procedure for stock: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...01c98b021.html
The Following User Says Thank You to xaueious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xaueious Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 09:02 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaueious

Sounds like a boot loop. What ROM did you come from? You should be coming from Android 2.2, not 2.1.

Here's a list of stock firmware to use: http://johnnyparanoia.blogspot.co.uk...ware-list.html

Install procedure for stock: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...01c98b021.html

To be honest, I can't say it for sure which one I had. In the status menue it said "2.1 update 1" Whatever this means. I had problems to install the clockworkmod I finally found this ROM: rom tri_zet. With that I could install clockworkmod and reboot the tablet into recovery mode. Then I installed this rom here and run into the problem.

Last night I finally managed to install the official swedish ROM 2.2.2. With that my tablet is running again.

Do you think with that one I could make another try to install this rom now? How can I install the clockworkmode now? Maybe the tri_zet rom was the cause of the problem...
The Following User Says Thank You to grka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grka Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 09:44 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

To be honest, I can't say it for sure which one I had. In the status menue it said "2.1 update 1" Whatever this means. I had problems to install the clockworkmod I finally found this ROM: rom tri_zet. With that I could install clockworkmod and reboot the tablet into recovery mode. Then I installed this rom here and run into the problem.

Last night I finally managed to install the official swedish ROM 2.2.2. With that my tablet is running again.

Do you think with that one I could make another try to install this rom now? How can I install the clockworkmode now? Maybe the tri_zet rom was the cause of the problem...

Hi grka, i tryed tri_zet but i didnt liked so i used the swedish ROM 2.2.2 until recently.
My advice install cwm 6.0.1, backup and then when install, clear cache and data, then intall my rom it should work
If you get problems again restore from bacup.
1º install the rom, let it boot, after sucessul boot install gaps to make goople play work.

If you need more help ask.
hal_2000
The Following User Says Thank You to hal_2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hal_2000 Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 12:20 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal_2000

Hi grka, i tryed tri_zet but i didnt liked so i used the swedish ROM 2.2.2 until recently.
My advice install cwm 6.0.1, backup and then when install, clear cache and data, then intall my rom it should work
If you get problems again restore from bacup.
1º install the rom, let it boot, after sucessul boot install gaps to make goople play work.

If you need more help ask.
hal_2000

Can you please tell me where to download cwm 6.0.1 and how to install it? I spend some hours with downloading different files and trying to install them without success.
15th February 2013, 01:39 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Can you please tell me where to download cwm 6.0.1 and how to install it? I spend some hours with downloading different files and trying to install them without success.

Hi, follow this steps:
1-boot in fastboot, with device power down, click vol up+home+power , fastboot apears in screen
2-connect s7 to pc
3-extract the zip file
4-in a dos text console inside the dir where are the files execute: "fastboot flash recovery s7-recovery-v601.img"
5-to reboot "fastboot reboot"

to go to cwm, with device power down, menu+call (green key) + power on
this commands work in a windows xp, never tryied in win 7 or 8.

More help ask,
hal_2000
Attached Files
File Type: zip s7-recovery-v601.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.88 MB, 826 views)
16th February 2013, 10:14 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Hal2000 can you provide a fastboot flashable system.img?
The Following User Says Thank You to threader For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift threader Ad-Free
17th February 2013, 10:51 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you i will test your Rom next week.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)