I'd like you all to know that I would like to open-source ARM Launcher to continue active development. see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326240
I've just released version 0.99.16 to google play. This release contains the following improvements/features:
- Allow custom icons in the main dock (a lot of requests for this).
- Fix that an item drop preview will not be shown for the top left corner.
- Google play compatibility with devices like nexus 7 (thanks to a dear college for letting me borrow his nexus 7).
- Improved start-up time.
- Support for quick restart after being killed by android when more resources are needed.
I'd like to announce a new Launcher for android. ARM Launcher. The goal is to have a fast, user friendly and highly configurable launcher. All devices with android 2.3.3 and higher are supported.
- Support for various theme formats.
- Sidebar to quickly start your favorite applications, recent applications or search all applications
- The launcher supports Launcher Pro+ themes and includes the same widgets (except for the gmail widget).
- Not limited by a 4x4 grid. ARM Launcher has much more grid cells to allow you to layout your screens as you'd like.
- All widgets can be re-sized.
- Lots of integrated widgets
- Long press the default icons (dialer, drawer, contacts) in the bar to easily access your recent messages, recent applications, bookmarks, contacts and recent calls.
- And much more.
ARM Launcher is not based on the android 4 stock launcher like for example Nova and Apex Launcher are. Instead ARM Launcher has been built manually from scratch using the the android Stock Launcher only as a reference.
If you'd like to try ARM Launcher, please download it from google play. Search for "ARM Launcher" to find it. Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Please not that this application is a launcher, you'll have to start it using your device's home button.
For screenshots please visit sites.google.com/site/armlauncher/screenshots