FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2.3+] [Launcher] ARM launcher [11 feb]

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 107

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everybody,

I'd like you all to know that I would like to open-source ARM Launcher to continue active development. see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326240

---
I've just released version 0.99.16 to google play. This release contains the following improvements/features:
  • Allow custom icons in the main dock (a lot of requests for this).
  • Fix that an item drop preview will not be shown for the top left corner.
  • Google play compatibility with devices like nexus 7 (thanks to a dear college for letting me borrow his nexus 7).
  • Improved start-up time.
  • Support for quick restart after being killed by android when more resources are needed.
Due to the change of the way the dock works, long pressing the icons it contains now starts a drag. To access the quick popup, long press the drawer icon.

----

Hello all,

I'd like to announce a new Launcher for android. ARM Launcher. The goal is to have a fast, user friendly and highly configurable launcher. All devices with android 2.3.3 and higher are supported.

Features:
  • Support for various theme formats.
  • Sidebar to quickly start your favorite applications, recent applications or search all applications
  • The launcher supports Launcher Pro+ themes and includes the same widgets (except for the gmail widget).
  • Not limited by a 4x4 grid. ARM Launcher has much more grid cells to allow you to layout your screens as you'd like.
  • All widgets can be re-sized.
  • Lots of integrated widgets
  • Long press the default icons (dialer, drawer, contacts) in the bar to easily access your recent messages, recent applications, bookmarks, contacts and recent calls.
  • And much more.

ARM Launcher is not based on the android 4 stock launcher like for example Nova and Apex Launcher are. Instead ARM Launcher has been built manually from scratch using the the android Stock Launcher only as a reference.

If you'd like to try ARM Launcher, please download it from google play. Search for "ARM Launcher" to find it. Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Please not that this application is a launcher, you'll have to start it using your device's home button.

For screenshots please visit sites.google.com/site/armlauncher/screenshots

Thank you!
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to nickmartens1980 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickmartens1980 Ad-Free

12th February 2013, 05:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
I love your launcher , No lag in animations , Light on RAM. Just wonderful . Widgets are beautiful especially the message conversations and calender. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to rkmiks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rkmiks Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 05:54 PM |#3  
Flag Tilburg
Thanks Meter: 191

Donate to Me
More
Re: Announcing ARM Launcher
I would like to call it the new (and definitely improved) LauncherPro. Nice animations, especially when you move icons around! Widget are almost identical to the ones from LauncherPro

I'm using this as launcher from now on.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2013, 06:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
I just tried on my one x and it works great, worth trying...
Gonna test it on tf700t also and let you know...
Especially i like resizing the widgets as you wish pixel by pixel...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
12th February 2013, 06:30 PM |#5  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 180

More
And the link

http://sites.google.com/site/armlauncher/screenshots
The Following User Says Thank You to sebarkh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sebarkh Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 06:33 PM |#6  
Flag Tilburg
Thanks Meter: 191

Donate to Me
More
You should change the title of the thread to:

And highlight the main differences between Apex, Nova and ARM. Yours is a lot better when it comes to home page customization.

[Q] Would it be possible to integrate something like Unity launcher or Swapps as "recent apps"? I mean like a side toolbar. Swipe gestures are the hype of 2013

12th February 2013, 07:20 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Leverkusen-Wiesdorf
Thanks Meter: 4,260

Donate to Me
More
looks awesome,i test it.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

have installed and i must say its a realy cool launcher with many cool features, keep it up!!!!!
12th February 2013, 07:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Extremely nice launcher, some bugs here and there, but definitely worth. Could you add the "caroussel" swiping effect from LG if possible. And some customizations such as transparency support, local icon use and contol over the app drawer such as removing tabs to show icons only would be very nice. Let me thank you once again sir. Really hats off to u for this awesome launcher. I don't have words to describe the joy of using this launcher.
12th February 2013, 07:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks
Nic thanks
12th February 2013, 08:47 PM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeuwe

You should change the title of the thread to:

And highlight the main differences between Apex, Nova and ARM. Yours is a lot better when it comes to home page customization.

[Q] Would it be possible to integrate something like Unity launcher or Swapps as "recent apps"? I mean like a side toolbar. Swipe gestures are the hype of 2013

Thanks for your comments, what kind of gesture were you thinking about? Something like swiping up or down? You can long press the drawer icon and it will show you your recently opened applications.
I am a bit familiar with apex, but not so much with nova. They are a lot like the android stock launcher aren't they?
12th February 2013, 09:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Odp: [2.3+] [Launcher] ARM launcher [11 feb]
Where is the link to apk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)