FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Location of Boot.img

703 posts
Thanks Meter: 223

By amirfida, Senior Member on 13th February 2013, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys i have been searching forums and google for a while now but i haven't found my answer i want boot.img to create custom recovery for coby kyros 7030 (china made tablet) i have searched in tablet using es file explorer for boot.img but haven't found it ....

Please guys help me find the location of boot.img

Thanks

13th February 2013, 08:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Re: Location of Boot.img
Dump - guys please help me out and its running ICS 4.0.4 ....

Sent from my SK17i using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 10:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,285

More
boot.img as seen from a running ROM is one of the mtd blocks typically /dev/mtd/mtd2 . Search for if= and of=, for how to get it from the device.
Or (depending on if the binary is installed), run dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img. Both of these should require root, without root = no boot.img.

And fyi not sure how you can go from boot.img to recovery.img... only reason I can see is that you want the kernel/zImage.
14th February 2013, 07:29 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoTurtle

boot.img as seen from a running ROM is one of the mtd blocks typically /dev/mtd/mtd2 . Search for if= and of=, for how to get it from the device.
Or (depending on if the binary is installed), run dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img. Both of these should require root, without root = no boot.img.

And fyi not sure how you can go from boot.img to recovery.img... only reason I can see is that you want the kernel/zImage.

actually the reason i want boot.img file is that i want to create custom recovery for it (CWM) i have seen that CWM builder website it requires boot.img file to create custom recovery and i have rooted the tablet and installed Terminal Emulator .. Now ill try that command from terminal and tell you what happens and mtd blocks are not there in /dev ...
14th February 2013, 07:39 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
okay after using that command it says

"/system/bin/sh: dump_image: not found"

i don't know what to do now
14th February 2013, 12:30 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirfida

okay after using that command it says
"/system/bin/sh: dump_image: not found"
i don't know what to do now

Just means you don't have that binary the other method I mentioned is described here : under alternate method
14th February 2013, 02:15 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Just means you don't have that binary the other method I mentioned is described here : under alternate method

okay i am going to try that method and then ill report you back ...
14th February 2013, 02:24 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

damn the alternative method also didn't worked there's no proc directory in there

any other method you got ?

i really wanna make custom recovery so i can make nandroid backup of it and make custom roms and flash them ...
14th February 2013, 02:30 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
okay i tried the first method too but it says segmentation fault i don't know why
14th February 2013, 04:44 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,301

Donate to Me
More
You can also manually place "dump_image" on your device via ADB. You will need to Google for a download tho.
14th February 2013, 05:38 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

You can also manually place "dump_image" on your device via ADB. You will need to Google for a download tho.

okay i am gonna google for that and then ill report back soon ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)