Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2013, 07:01 AM |#31  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 313

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBolho

To know if this file will root your device, you have to see if your device's hardware matches the description (AML8726-MX board with Dual Mali MP400 GPU)
If this is your hardware, it's 90% guaranteed it will work. It's not 100% guaranteed because some manufacturers tinker with their Roms and kernels and change some key permissions, system file locations, and partition managing. Anyway, even if it does not work, it should not brick your device.

The Rom link you are quoting is for Viewsonic VB100 tablets, not your device, so even if this root method works for VB100's, you should not try other manufacturer's Roms unless you REALLY know what you are doing. Just an advice...

Ohh yeah it is not the same as on mine's hardware description but anyway I appreciated your advice, thanks for the help!

8th May 2013, 03:32 PM |#32  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 666

Donate to Me
More
works like a charm on BQ maxwell lite running Jellybean 4.1
9th May 2013, 01:15 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Unfortunately not working on a Nextbook 8 Trendy. I can confirm it has a Amlogic 8726-MX Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 though.

Any tips?
9th May 2013, 03:57 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hello - may I have some help here, guys?
This zip does install on my tablet but it does nothing. I've figured out why: my UTOO tablet is AML8726-MX based but its 4.2.1 Android uses an ext4 /system filesystem, not ubifs.
Based on update packages published by the manufacturer, I have figured out that I need to change one line in the updater-script to:
Code:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/system", "/system");
Easy enough to modify the script and rebuild the zip file (yes I do this on a Linux box) but obviously I need to re-sign it.
All my attempts based on various tools and tutorials found here and there have failed, I get an "installation aborted" at the package verification phase, so I presume that it's not properly signed.
Can anyone please point me at the right way to re-sign the modified zip?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT : made it ! eventually. I've found a small signer.zip archive made by a user called Skelton on a french-speaking forum that contains a bat file and all that's needed to resign an APK or an update ZIP file (I don't have the link at hand, biut Googling "signer.zip Skelton" will find it).
What this script does really doesn't look very different from what I had been trying earlier, but obviously there must be a difference because it works !
Comments on this still welcome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lannig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lannig Ad-Free
15th May 2013, 09:26 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannig

Hello - may I have some help here, guys?
This zip does install on my tablet but it does nothing. I've figured out why: my UTOO tablet is AML8726-MX based but it's 4.2.1 Android uses an ext4 /system filesystem, not ubifs.
Based on update packages published by the manufacturer, I have figured out that I need to change one line in the updater-script to:

Code:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/system", "/system");

EDIT : made it ! eventually. I've found a small signer.zip archive made by a user called Skelton on a french-speaking forum that contains a bat file and all that's needed to resign an APK or an update ZIP file (I don't have the link at hand, biut Googling "signer.zip Skelton" will find it).
What this script does really doesn't look very different from what I had been trying earlier, but obviously there must be a difference because it works !
Comments on this still welcome.

Hi Lanning,
As you have managed to get this updated and trusted, do you mind sharing the zip file which has the [mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/system", "/system");] in it?
Thanks in advance.
23rd May 2013, 07:41 PM |#36  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvita

Hi Lanning,
As you have managed to get this updated and trusted, do you mind sharing the zip file which has the [mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/system", "/system");] in it?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late reply. Here it is: http://ge.tt/api/1/files/2ujyScg/0/blob?download
Oh, and I'm Lannig, thanks. No 'n' before final 'g'
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lannig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lannig Ad-Free
25th May 2013, 09:07 PM |#37  
Best
Thanks Meter: 5

More
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...1%20%20%203-29
28th May 2013, 01:01 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooting Newpad T3 dual
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBolho

This is a (very) small how-to regarding Root on Generic (unbranded, mostly called "MID") Android Tablets with aml8726-mx platform.

This file was made originally for Ainol Novo 7 Crystal tablet, but it works (or should work) on all devices based on the following platform:

AML8726-MX System-On-Chip, AMLogic Meson6 gXX costumer platform
Cortex A9 Dual-Core CPU @ 1.5Ghz
1Gb Ram
Dual-Core Mali400 GPU
Android ICS 4.0.4 or JB 4.1.1

Other exploits have been tried, like Bin4ary's method, Doomlord's method, SRS Root, One Click Root, but all of them can't seem to work (for now) for these devices when Android ICS 4.0.4 or Jelly Bean 4.1.1 is present. So, if you own one of these devices, use this file to gain Root access.

1 - Put the zip file on the root of your SD card
2 - Reboot to recovery (with the device off, press the Vol - and Power button together until it enters recovery)
3 - Select (using Vol keys) "apply update from EXT"
4 - Select the file and run it pressing the Power button
5 - Reboot your device

You should see before Android finishes loading a small notification saying "Android is updating", and after it finishes loading, if you go to the App drawer, you should see SuperSU installed.

Full credits for the file go to Soulflier @ Slatedroid.com

Thank you so much. I've rooted my Newpad T3 dual without problem!
2nd June 2013, 09:41 AM |#39  

More
Hi there,
Tried to apply the original zip to another no-name AML8726-MX based tablet (sold here under Lazer brand, model MD 7305) with no luck.
This time the zip is plain and simple rejected (installation aborted). Although I don't get any specific message about the signature and I can't access the /cache partition to check the log, I presume that it's because the stock recovery won't swallow the test signature used to sign this zip.
Guess I'm stuck, am I not?
Geez... even no-name tablets come unrooted and with locked recoveries nowadays...
10th June 2013, 04:21 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This doesn't work on MSI Enjoy 71 Android 4.1.1.
1st July 2013, 11:34 AM |#41  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Works with Ramos W27 10.1" DualCore
Big Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aml8726-mx, generic tablet, jelly bean 4.1.1, root
Previous Thread Next Thread