FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Micromax A25 Complete Guide (Rooting/Troubleshooting)

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Thread Closed Email Thread
How to Root Micromax A25

A25 Root (Modified Boot.img)
A25 USB VCOM Drivers
Android Language Project Tool
SP Flash Tools

Step 1) Download all the files/softwares above.

Step 2) Connect your phone in Power-Off Mode, your system will begin searching for drivers, Manually locate the driver installer to A25_USB_VCOM Folder, wait until it's finished

Step 3) Open SP Flash tools, Load the Scatter File located in the modified boot img folder you've downloaded

Step 4) Click on Options > DA Download All > Disable DA Download All

Step 5) Click on Download Button > Disconnect phone > Reconnect phone > Wait until its finished.

Step 6) Power-on your phone > Enable USB Debugging mode

Step 7) Open Android Language Project > Select Lang Installer Tab > Then Click 4.0< Button on right panel

Step 8) Rooting is complete!

Alternate Rooting Method [May Not Work]
Download CWM Recovery for Micromax A25
Download SuperSu Flashable Zip
1. Place SuperSu Flashable Zip in your memory card.
2. Reboot into recovery mode.
3. Locate to the zip file and Flash it.
4. Reboot.

Troubleshooting

SP Flash Tool Errors (Fix)
If you're facing any error file flashing with SP Flash Tool, Open Device Manager > Expand Ports > Select MediaTekPreloader.. and Update Driver Software > Browse the Computer > Let me pick.... > Uncheck show Compatible Hardware > Select MTK USB Port in "Model Column" > Press OK > Reboot Computer (Optional) > Reconnect phone > There will be no error in flashing now.
If still some kind of error persists, I've found one way to fix those.
Code:
Download and Flash this file
. This will brick your Micromax A25. Don't worry, after that you'll be able to flash anything you want. It is advised to flash stock rom before flashing any other file.


SIM Related Trouble Shooting/ No Service Problem/ IMEI Problem (Fix)
Code:
IMEI Writing App (NO ROOT REQUIRED)
Use the above app to write the IMEI

If you're facing No Service Problem even after IMEI Writing. This indicates that calibration data on your handset has been erased. You just need to replace the "CALIBRAT" folder with pre-configured Calibrat data and set that folder's permission to 777. Use Rootexplorer or ES File Explorer to edit system files.
Download Calibrat Data
11th April 2013, 07:29 AM |#2  
hafizimtiaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Piscataway
Thanks Meter: 45
 
Donate to Me
More
Hello

I have flashed my Micromax A25 with A25_0201_V0370 stock firmware and my IMEI was gone.I replaced the IMEI by copying the MP0B_001 file and setting the permission to rw-rw----. But my phone always shows no service whatever SIM I insert. I have checked according to your post that my "Android Core Apps" is running. Please help me.
10th May 2013, 07:56 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizimtiaz

Hello

I have flashed my Micromax A25 with A25_0201_V0370 stock firmware and my IMEI was gone.I replaced the IMEI by copying the MP0B_001 file and setting the permission to rw-rw----. But my phone always shows no service whatever SIM I insert. I have checked according to your post that my "Android Core Apps" is running. Please help me.

Hafiz, same issue here, could you fix till last? Any luck?
10th May 2013, 08:41 AM |#4  
hafizimtiaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Piscataway
Thanks Meter: 45
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sktanmoy

Hafiz, same issue here, could you fix till last? Any luck?

I have sent you an Email. Please check.
The Following User Says Thank You to hafizimtiaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hafizimtiaz Ad-Free
12th May 2013, 11:48 AM |#5  
DartzXD's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
*updated the first post*
12th May 2013, 03:15 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:

If you're facing No Service Problem even after IMEI Writing. This indicates that calibration data on your handset has been erased. To restore that, you need to copy/paste/replace system files from a working micromax a25 into your device.

Can you please share with us if you have?
19th May 2013, 07:49 AM |#7  
DartzXD's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Finally fixed No Service Problem/ IMEI Problem. Check the original post
3rd June 2013, 06:09 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Any solution for Partition size changed error plzz help me bro if u hav solution
3rd June 2013, 08:39 PM |#9  
DartzXD's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker9969

Any solution for Partition size changed error plzz help me bro if u hav solution

Follow these steps
If you're facing any error file flashing with SP Flash Tool, Open Device Manager > Expand Ports > Select MediaTekPreloader.. and Update Driver Software > Browse the Computer > Let me pick.... > Uncheck show Compatible Hardware > Select MTK USB Port in "Model Column" > Press OK > Reboot Computer (Optional) > Reconnect phone > There will be no error in flashing now.

After doing steps above, open SP flash tools, Load the scatter file -> Format -> Format Whole Flash -> Options -> DA Download All -> Disable download all. Then Download,
10th June 2013, 06:43 PM |#10  
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartzXD

Follow these steps
If you're facing any error file flashing with SP Flash Tool, Open Device Manager > Expand Ports > Select MediaTekPreloader.. and Update Driver Software > Browse the Computer > Let me pick.... > Uncheck show Compatible Hardware > Select MTK USB Port in "Model Column" > Press OK > Reboot Computer (Optional) > Reconnect phone > There will be no error in flashing now.

After doing steps above, open SP flash tools, Load the scatter file -> Format -> Format Whole Flash -> Options -> DA Download All -> Disable download all. Then Download,

Sorry for late reply thank you worked fine
27th July 2013, 08:52 AM |#11  
sudkm24's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
plz help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DartzXD

Follow these steps
If you're facing any error file flashing with SP Flash Tool, Open Device Manager > Expand Ports > Select MediaTekPreloader.. and Update Driver Software > Browse the Computer > Let me pick.... > Uncheck show Compatible Hardware > Select MTK USB Port in "Model Column" > Press OK > Reboot Computer (Optional) > Reconnect phone > There will be no error in flashing now.

After doing steps above, open SP flash tools, Load the scatter file -> Format -> Format Whole Flash -> Options -> DA Download All -> Disable download all. Then Download,

but there is no option like mediatek preloader in ports. the only option is standard port over bluetooth 38,40,41....so on.
I guess that's problem with my laptop...but still let me know if anyone can solve it...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes