FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Installing games on external SD card on Samsung Galaxy S Duos using Directory Bind

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By niks4101, Member on 17th February 2013, 08:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there, for those who are struggling to install games with big cache files like Vice City on Phones like, we used this application called Directory bind to link the cache files stored in the external sd card in to the internal sd card. This application was not created by me, I am just trying to explain how to make it work. All credits go to user "slig" .The thread for directory bind can be found here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1410262

We used the version 0.2.0m on our Galaxy S duos, we have not yet checked with the other versions or devices.
Note: This application needs root and We are not responsible for any damage to your phone that may arise from this method.

Before starting installing the game run it once so that a folder for the cache will be created automatically in the internal sd card. CHECK "Shot 1"

create a folder in the external sd card with the same name as the game cache folder in the external sd card.CHECK "Shot 2"

EX: For NFS Most Wanted Create folders with same path as internal directory i.e "/mnt/extSdCard/Android/data/com.ea.games.nfs13_na

Step 1: Download and install the application from the thread given above and grant Superuser permissions.

Step 2: Click the button at the bottom to turn on root access.CHECK "Shot 3"

Step 3: Press the menu button and click on "add new entry".

Step 4: In the screen that appears the first field("Enter source(data)path.") contains the path of the cache files stored in the external sd card( created by the user),and the second field("Enter mount(target) path) is the path to the cache folder in the internal sd card(created by the game).CHECK "Shot 4"

Step 5: Press and hold the first field until the directory browser appears. Select the directory that you created in the external sd card(mnt/extSdcard/Android/data/com.ea.games.nfs13_na)CHECK "Shot 5"

Step 6. In the same way,select the folder created by the game in the internal sd card(mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.ea.games.nfs13_na).CHECK "Shot 5"

Step 7:Leave the "Transfer files from target to data" unchecked.

Step 8: Click on add. After completion a screen appears like this
note:make sure to check the box next to the bind you created. if its already checked go to the next step.CHECK "Shot 6"

Step 9:Press the menu button and click on the option "Blind Checked". If its successful the floppy icon on the left side turns green.CHECK "Shot 7"

Step 10: Copy the cache files to the folder you created in external sd card (mnt/extSdcard/Android/data/com.ea.games.nfs13_na).

Run the game
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot1.jpg
Views:	13732
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1736800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot2.jpg
Views:	11010
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1736801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot3.jpg
Views:	10121
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1736802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot4.jpg
Views:	10437
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1736803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot5.jpg
Views:	9165
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1736804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot6.jpg
Views:	7590
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1736805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot7.jpg
Views:	6845
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1736806  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to niks4101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift niks4101 Ad-Free

17th February 2013, 10:06 AM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Re: Installing games on external SD card on Samsung Galaxy S Duos using Directory Bin
Nice

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to akshay007dhore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akshay007dhore Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 07:45 AM |#3  
Flag Mayiladuthurai
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Smile doubt
hi thanx for sharing about this bind directory... i have a question here....

does the changed directories path remains same even after the restart of the mobile?
23rd June 2013, 08:01 AM |#4  
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Not working with nfsmw

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to charles1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift charles1111 Ad-Free
24th June 2013, 07:34 PM |#5  
Flag Bangil
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Arrow HELP
IS THIS WORK ON SGS4 4.2.2?
PLEASE HELP:goo d:
25th June 2013, 12:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduacell

IS THIS WORK ON SGS4 4.2.2?
PLEASE HELP:goo d:

I have the same question. I don't see any reason for which it wouldn't work, except maybe the weird directory structure of the S4. I'm coming from an S1 and I've seen that you can no longer access ExtSdCard directly from the SdCard folder. For example DosBox Turbo makes some problems with the autoexe function because of this. Also have some problems with Turbo Manager but I don't know if it's the same reason.
Hopefully I will test Directory Bind on SGS4 4.2.2 before the end of this week and I'll come back with a response.
1st July 2013, 05:41 PM |#7  

More
Mass
hi thanks for the explanation , I'll try this method on my Galaxy Win " Grand Quattro " ,,,

but should I dismount the bind before i use the phone as a mass storage ?

- why do I have to copy the files manually while the program has the ability to copy the files for me ?

thank you again for the explanation
24th July 2013, 08:45 AM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Talking thanxxxx
working flawlessly ...
4th August 2013, 11:30 AM |#9  

More
Unhappy shell has been granted super user permission
when i was running game. game icon comes but not starting the game . it saying shell hasbeen granted super user permission three times abd close the game.
i play the game in internal memory before i use bind app.
what was the problem
samsung galaxy s duos
7th September 2013, 08:08 AM |#10  

More
Unhappy
not working on duos and after a few minutes directory binding crashing stop working!!
8th September 2013, 03:52 AM |#11  

More
The Root access OK button "on" doesn't turns to green. I'm using Samsung Galaxy S Duos
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
external sd card, games, samsung galaxy s duos s7562

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)