[APP][2.1+] Prof Reminder (Missed call reminder with Profiles)

Search This thread

EngineerMind

May 5, 2007

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
I like the app, but the size of all the parts of the UI are too big, so it doesn't show much info at one time, and you have to scroll alot to see more info. I wish the elements of the UI wer smaller and more compact because it looks like it was designed for someone with poor vision.
That's the type of information that needs to be relayed to the developer of the app.

Tiger Shark

Feb 15, 2008
I recently moved from a Pixel 4a to a Pixel 5 (both Android 13) and also changed carriers. I noticed two things that affected my previously working ability to get reminders for voicemail but NOT missed calls. The update to Android 13 was recent, so I don't know which of these caused the change.
1. I was unable to select the Phone app as one to monitor for notifications. I got around this by saving the configuration on my old phone and restoring on the new. But how is it supposed to be done now? As a secondary "Missed call" reminder?
2. The text "Voicemail" is no longer in the notification (the second line is now blank when there is a voicemail left), so I can't filter on it. It looks like I can filter on it NOT saying "Missed call", but is there a better way?

Tiger Shark

Feb 15, 2008
OK, so how can I have an alert for specific people using the content filter without having a separate entry for every one? Is there a way to have an "or" in the filter, like "Home" OR "Mom"? Other than adding a special character to the actual name, I can't figure out how to have anything in the notification that would uniquely identify a member of a list of callers from whom I wish to get a reminder.

jwildman16

May 11, 2012
Anyone know how I would go about creating a Tasker task to turn off Prof Reminder when driving is detected (via Android's built-in activity detection), and then turn it back on when driving is no longer detected?

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Can Tasker disable an APK (app) and then re-enable it?
Disabling/Enabling of app(s) within Tasker requires root access
Code:
Disable app
A1: Run Shell [
    Command: pm disable --user 0 %par1 2>&1
    Timeout (Seconds):0
    Use Root:On
    Store Output In:%out
    Store Errors In:
    Store Result In: Continue Task After Error:On

Enable app
A1: Run Shell [
    Command:pm enable --user 0 %par1 2>&1
    Timeout (Seconds):0
    Use Root:On
    Store Output In:%out
    Store Errors In:
    Store Result In: Continue Task After Error:On

Reactions: EngineerMind

xda_terry

Dec 29, 2023
Hi,

Firstly thanks for the app it works brilliantly (I have the paid for version).

I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but can could I suggest an enhancement?

It would be useful to add the ability to monitor the phone's system level status, such as if GPS has been left switched on. For both battery-draining and security reasons, I like to keep GPS switched off when not in use. So, if ‘Prof Reminder’ could monitor the GPS status and if left on after a configured time with the screen switched off, it would start to give a warning flash.

In addition to the GPS status, perhaps you could also include monitoring of WIFI and Bluetooth being ‘left’ on. You may also think some other statuses may be useful to monitor, like WIFI-hotspot or mobile data.

Terry

Reactions: EngineerMind

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
It would be useful to add the ability to monitor the phone's system level status, such as if GPS has been left switched on. For both battery-draining and security reasons, I like to keep GPS switched off when not in use. So, if ‘Prof Reminder’ could monitor the GPS status and if left on after a configured time with the screen switched off, it would start to give a warning flash.
Battery Guru can set custom time limits for how long GPS can be active while the screen is off, and it can send you a notification if it exceeds that limit.

You can also use MacroDroid to create custom automation routines based on various triggers and conditions such as using it to create a macro that triggers a notification or other action (like playing a sound or sending a message) when GPS is active for a specific time while the screen is off and then there is Tasker which is similar to MacroDroid, but with even more advanced features and customization options to create complex automation routines based on various triggers and conditions, including monitoring GPS usage and triggering alerts or other actions.

Chrisd534

Mar 1, 2024
Wondering if I could get some help. Was using this app version 2.2.6 due to the whitelist/blacklist capabilities from your contacts. I recently updated the app by accident and now the apk file won't download on my phone it says phone not supported. I'm a very deep sleeper and the whitelist feature saves me from my on call at work. Is there any work around to force install old apks? Or can someone explain how the content filter works and if I could use it in the same way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Prof Reminder

attachment.php
    attachment.php

version 2.0.8

Description:
    Missed call and SMS/MMS reminder with profiles.
    The application notify you of missed calls and unread SMS/MMS. Useful on phones without an LED indicator.

Features:
    ★ Support profiles.
    ★ Remind by: sound, vibration, turning screen on, camera flash (not all devices are supported), LED indicator.
    ★ Remind about: missed call, unread sms and mms messages.
    ★ Notifications for 3rd party applications: WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vkontakte, ... (only in Premium version).
    ★ Contact filter - allow to start notification only for defined contacts (only in Premium version).
    ★ Night mode.
    ★ Customizable notification schedule: order of notifications, repeat interval and repeats count.
    ★ You can set different reminders for missed calls and unread messages.
    ★ Option to disable sound when you set your phone in silent mode.
    ★ Option to ignore accidental (short) calls.
    ★ Does not disturb during a call.
    ★ Widgets.
    ★ Flash on call.
    ★ Plugin for Tasker / Locale.
    ★ And more ...

And:
    ★ No advertising.
    ★ Safe (no internet permission, no root access).
    ★ Compact size.
    ★ Low memory consumption.

Requirements:
    Android 2.1+

Demo video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr5TxPZdS-c

Languages supported:
    * English
    * Deutsch (thanks Michael K.)
    * Dutch (thanks Ferry Swinkels)
    * Français (thanks lduflot70)
    * Italiano
    * Русский
    * 中文 - 简体
    * 中文 - 繁體
    * 조선어
    * Čeština
    * Српски
    * Български (thanks Mitko A.)
    * Polski (thanks Maciej)
    * Magyar (thanks Lajos S.)
    * Slovenský (thanks Pyler)
    * Azərbaycan
    * Українська (thanks Nazar Kramar)
    * Romanian (thanks Cristian Chirilă)
    * Portuguese (thanks Dário Macedo)
    * Greek translation (thanks Vasilakis G., Panos M., Hary Kalosakas).
    * Español
    * فارسی
    * العربية
    * You can add/update translation here http://goo.gl/W0QHv
    My native language is not English, so, please feel free to edit English translation too.

Download:

The project needs your support. You can help if you:
    * upgrade to Premium version,
    * rate it,
    * write a review,
    * translate the app into your language.

If you have any question, suggestions, bugs please write it in this thread.
    Version 2.0.5 released:
    - Improved work of contact filter.
    - Various small improvements.
    - Added Arabic translation.
    - Updated translations.
    Version 2.0.8 released:
    - Minor bug fix.
    - Updated translations.
    Updated to version 1.8.0.

Changelog:
    - Added option for selection audio stream.
    - Fixed work of option 'Hidden' in 'Contact filter'.
    - Fixed rare bug when incoming message was ignored.
    - Updated translations.
    Updated to version 2.0.2:
    - Improved stability on Android 6.
    - Updated translations.