FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I am done testing Ainol's products

298 posts
Thanks Meter: 137

By jupiter2012, Senior Member on 19th February 2013, 02:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The content of the original thread is cleared.

I used to be quite a fan of Ainol, but it seems that their main focus at the moment is to bring lots of "earth trash" products to the market. And they don't respect honest reviews, all they want is for testers to advertise their products. And I don't write that kind of articles.

Here is my announcement: There will be no more reviews of Ainol products from me, and I wish them all the happiness in the world with the crappy so-called quad core ATM7029 SoC! devil):devil):devil):devil):
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jupiter2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jupiter2012 Ad-Free

27th February 2013, 12:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 974

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the review. I was looking to buy a Chinese (with English Language) quad core tablet for my younger sister, maybe 10". Can you recommend any?
The Following User Says Thank You to ermacwins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ermacwins Ad-Free
6th March 2013, 04:20 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Re: In Depth Review of Ainol NOVO7 Venus Quad Core Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermacwins

Thanks for the review. I was looking to buy a Chinese (with English Language) quad core tablet for my younger sister, maybe 10". Can you recommend any?

I would suggest pipo m9.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jupiter2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jupiter2012 Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 02:44 AM |#4  
Flag Bangkoko
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Any custom ROM now?
7th March 2013, 12:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I bought an Ainol Novo 7 Venus (Myth) and was a bit disappointed at first because the initial ROM (20130110) made the device a bit laggy. I updated it to the newest ROM / Firmware available (20130203) and was then quite surprised. The device became much snappier and has practically no more lags. Another goodie was, that all the preinstalled chinese Apps where gone after the update (You could also remove em by hand with the Root Explorer App. They are located in System/Vendor/App).

So for anyone buying this device, have a look at the firmware version (Settings>About this tablet>Build-Number). If it is older that 2013.02.03 V1, you should try to update it. This is not the easiest task to do, but its really worth it.

You'll find all infos or links to informations/ROMS/Tools here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2140304

rgds, d
8th March 2013, 10:10 PM |#6  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Yup - just to concur with degon, the 0203 firmware makes the Venus substantially better. if you wind up with one, definitely install it.
20th March 2013, 07:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just bought the item.
I agree with all said but i would add that wifi is really what disappointed me most because i found no fix for that. It is fortunate that i can use my phone as a hotspot.
I could cure the lag problems by adjusting the cpu lowest frequency with an app. I guess at the cost of battery life.
The tablet wasn't for me so i have no regret. It will fit the needs of the real owner though.
So far it is a good tablet but the best. And i just hope a firmware update will improve the wifi.

Sent from my ZP500+ using xda app-developers app
27th March 2013, 08:44 AM |#8  

More
Talking
i already use it.. it good tablet although the price is very cheap.. as usual, it have a weakness and strength, the weakness first, it not a very powerful cpu inside it, and also the GPU is not make for the hard graphic game.. if u play a game for so long time it will hang a little bit. but just that. the best part is the battery. it can last myb 8 hour playing game+browsing.but the time it take to charge is take myb 4 hour because of the capasity of the battery.. playing video or movie is best ever. it very clear and smooth. game that suitable for this tablet is air attack HD, castle master, Hawx HD, GTA 3, kingdom at war, Myth defense, NOVA, NFS most wanted, Riptide GP, Sailboat, Samurai 2 vengence,snow board, Subway surf, Simphony of origin, Team Dragon, Temple run 2, the last defender, undead slayer, and zenonias 5. for browsing, it good because the response is fast, no problem in scrolling the page, super fast.
28th March 2013, 02:26 AM |#9  

More
This was released in the Philippines recently as the Cherry Bolt. Similar comments.Cost less than 100 US. The ROM of this unit was also a little buggy and people were told they could install the Ainol NOVO 7 venus rom.
28th March 2013, 11:59 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
WIFI seems to be turning itself automatically whenever i turn off the screen/put the tablet on standby.
Any way to disable this as I am having hardtime downloading apps due to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to wajih2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wajih2k Ad-Free
28th March 2013, 02:10 PM |#11  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajih2k

WIFI seems to be turning itself automatically whenever i turn off the screen/put the tablet on standby.
Any way to disable this as I am having hardtime downloading apps due to this.

Go into Settings, click on WiFi, then click the menu icon at the top-right. Click Advanced, then click on WiFi sleep policy and choose never.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7 inch ips display, ainol novo7 venus, atm7029, quad core

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)