FORUMS

[APP][4.4+] Greenify v3.6.2 Final (Updated on Aug. 25)

1,358 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,980

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 19th February 2013, 01:54 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th September 2014, 05:34 PM |#9321  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu

Interesting. I knew this was the case for task killers but had no idea that swiping away recent apps was inefficient as well.

What do you guys think about this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...58&postcount=3

Most parts are correct. Clearing recent tasks does free much memory, at the expense of later performance and battery consumption for launching those apps again. So if you have a device with 2G RAM, it gains no benefits in practice.
The Following User Says Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
7th September 2014, 05:39 PM |#9322  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 811

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

Unfortunately, even if apps were swiped away from recent tasks, they can still restart themselves in various ways, draining your battery without being visible in the recent tasks list.

That's where Greenify kicks in, to put them into hibernation, prevent them from restarting.

Yes I am aware about that. But most of the apps I use does not start themselves. Exception goes to Twitter in my last post. But yeah, Greenify settles all of my resource hogging social apps.
7th September 2014, 06:06 PM |#9323  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

Most parts are correct. Clearing recent tasks does free much memory, at the expense of later performance and battery consumption for launching those apps again. So if you have a device with 2G RAM, it gains no benefits in practice.

This is exactly why I'd love to have a feature that keeps the apps in recent from hibernating. Sometimes I'll be using Chrome and Facebook and then go to a third app and then turn the screen off. The third app is currently open does not hibernate, but chrome and Facebook do. So even when I open them again from recents, it's a if I had completely closed out of them and then reopened them again, which is what I'd love to have Greenify prevent. To not auto-hibernate the apps in recents.
7th September 2014, 06:14 PM |#9324  
Thanks Meter: 858

More
Quote:

So when do you recommend clearing recent apps? Never?
7th September 2014, 07:58 PM |#9325  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 10

More
please,can someone post the link of Greenify 2.4.1 Final,I have problems with the play store...tnx
7th September 2014, 09:46 PM |#9326  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
7th September 2014, 10:08 PM |#9327  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,454

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herny66

please,can someone post the link of Greenify 2.4.1 Final,I have problems with the play store...tnx

From the OP:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mspso6yvv1wbvju/p0AK2l3vmZ
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdamaged Ad-Free
8th September 2014, 12:33 AM |#9328  
Flag Foshan, China
Thanks Meter: 2,121

More
Quote:

Issue confirmed, it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for fixing the issue, everything working fine in 2.4.1 Final
8th September 2014, 02:08 AM |#9329  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Hi, I got a question about GCM feature, lets say this app hibernates every 1 hour and I've enabled the GCM in experimental feature, will an app receives the notification during the hibernating cycle by greenify or anytime?

Because my I got my whatsapp's messages delayed by about 2-3 hours.

Thank you in advance
8th September 2014, 02:52 AM |#9330  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu

So when do you recommend clearing recent apps? Never?

You can just leave it managed by Android system, except for critical low memory situation.

If you heavily depend on the recent tasks list for frequent task switching, then you may prefer to swipe away the unwanted tasks to make task switching easier and clearer.
8th September 2014, 03:01 AM |#9331  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarf2k4

Hi, I got a question about GCM feature, lets say this app hibernates every 1 hour and I've enabled the GCM in experimental feature, will an app receives the notification during the hibernating cycle by greenify or anytime?

Because my I got my whatsapp's messages delayed by about 2-3 hours.

Thank you in advance

If it works as expected, the push notification should arrive in no time. But you may need to tune the GCM heartbeat to a shorter period with PNF.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imax.pushfixer
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread