FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fastboot Not Recognized

145 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By chriscerv90, Senior Member on 20th February 2013, 01:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok guys, sorry to start another thread on this but I have been going through thread after thread and searching endlessly for a solution and nothing has worked for me.

I was getting ready to do the S-Off procedures and my device is recognized by computer to transfer files, and adb recognizes the device as well, I was able to get the device ID. Reboot into bootloader and fastboot just hangs there and no fastboot usb. try to enter fastboot command and it just hangs at "waiting for device"

I started going crazy and uninstalled drivers. Installed HTC Sync, (never needed it before). Now when I plug in USB while in Fastboot computer recognizes device but says it is not working properly.

Under device manager > Android USB Devices > (Yellow triangle) My HTC > Device Status ( This device cannot start Code 10), (A request for the USB BOS descriptor failed). Driver version 2.0.7.14. I try to update the driver manually and it says "It appears the right driver is already installed." Tried disabling enabling. Unistalling, plugging back in. Nothing seems to work.

Running Viper 3.2.3
Windows 8 (didnt have the problem before using fastboot)

Sorry for long post. Thanks in advance.

20th February 2013, 01:39 AM |#2  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 989

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscerv90

Ok guys, sorry to start another thread on this but I have been going through thread after thread and searching endlessly for a solution and nothing has worked for me.

I was getting ready to do the S-Off procedures and my device is recognized by computer to transfer files, and adb recognizes the device as well, I was able to get the device ID. Reboot into bootloader and fastboot just hangs there and no fastboot usb. try to enter fastboot command and it just hangs at "waiting for device"

I started going crazy and uninstalled drivers. Installed HTC Sync, (never needed it before). Now when I plug in USB while in Fastboot computer recognizes device but says it is not working properly.

Under device manager > Android USB Devices > (Yellow triangle) My HTC > Device Status ( This device cannot start Code 10), (A request for the USB BOS descriptor failed). Driver version 2.0.7.14. I try to update the driver manually and it says "It appears the right driver is already installed." Tried disabling enabling. Unistalling, plugging back in. Nothing seems to work.

Running Viper 3.2.3
Windows 8 (didnt have the problem before using fastboot)

Sorry for long post. Thanks in advance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066805
Hope this helps.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 1.1.1
ViperXL
20th February 2013, 01:50 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066805
Hope this helps.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 1.1.1
ViperXL

Thanks for the reply. That linked me to all the threads I went through by searching myself. I was just taking a stab to see if anyone had a new solution. Weird that this just started for me. VERY FRUSTRATING.
20th February 2013, 02:06 AM |#4  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Windows XP makes life easier
20th February 2013, 02:20 AM |#5  
Flag Columbia

More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. That linked me to all the threads I went through by searching myself. I was just taking a stab to see if anyone had a new solution. Weird that this just started for me. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Did you try searching resolutions at Microsoft?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=WS.10).aspx
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL
20th February 2013, 04:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

Did you try searching resolutions at Microsoft?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=WS.10).aspx
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL

Thanks for the tip lol

I tried similar steps.

I did a fresh install of windows too. I know I am a little obsessive. Still can't get the dang thing to be recognized in fastboot.

20th February 2013, 06:01 PM |#7  
Flag Columbia

More
Quote:

Thanks for the tip lol

I tried similar steps.

I did a fresh install of windows too. I know I am a little obsessive. Still can't get the dang thing to be recognized in fastboot.

I know this may sound silly at this point but did you try moving it to a different usb port? I have seen that work before.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL
20th February 2013, 07:43 PM |#8  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 390

More
try using this application if you think your device drivers are dirty but installed correctly for usb devices
USBDeview just uninstall whatever devices you want reinitialized especially since they can change even with rom changes so it is good to clear some old ones out by sorting them based on Last Plug/Unplug Date.
The Following User Says Thank You to DvineLord For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DvineLord Ad-Free
20th February 2013, 08:15 PM |#9  
SF, CA - NYC
Thanks Meter: 380

More
I had to use a different Micro-USB cable to get it work. Try that.
20th February 2013, 08:20 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Re: Fastboot Not Recognized
Yeah I actually have tried all those steps. Thanks for the replies guy. I check out that application.

I'm starting to think something is wrong with my HOX

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
20th February 2013, 08:34 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvineLord

try using this application if you think your device drivers are dirty but installed correctly for usb devices
USBDeview just uninstall whatever devices you want reinitialized especially since they can change even with rom changes so it is good to clear some old ones out by sorting them based on Last Plug/Unplug Date.

This FREAKING WORKED!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA Thanks man ... I've only had 2 hours of sleep trying to fix this stupid problem... I owe you one man.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)