Thanks Meter: 595

More
Whick kind of problem? Is not clear!

19th October 2014, 01:47 PM |#1332  
Thanks Meter: 379

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donphillipe

That twrp will create a good file for me, but like the CWM that MTK Droid tools creates, the file is always too big for the very small 6M recovery.img that blu has on the 6.0 once KK is installed. Thank you for the info, because it was definitely worth a shot.

You could try this, have a look in your Mtkdroid tools/Files folder, find the files templcwm and templcwm_mini, remove the file templcwm from that folder, leave templcwm_mini as it is, if it is not present in the folder you can download it Here
Then try again with Mtkdroid tool to make cwm automatically, the resulting recovery should be of a smaller size and might now fit into the target block
19th October 2014, 03:23 PM |#1333  
Kraljevo
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobses

I receive the following message when I try to connect my phone (Orange Reyo - ZTE Blade Q Maxi):

Code:
 The device isn' revealed. Connect or reconnect a cable!
I connect and reconnect the USB cable, I put the cable into other USB port, but nothing helped...

I use Windows 8.1/64 and the OS recognize the phone only MTK Droid Tool no...
I want to install CWM; what can I do?
There is a Linux (Ubuntu) version of MTK DRoid Tool?
Thanks.

Did you solve your problem ? I have the same one:
Code:
 The device isn't revealed. Connect or reconnect a cable!
I too use windows 8 pro / 64
Nothing I try can help
pls reply if you found solution
sorry for double-posting
regards

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovirus

Whick kind of problem? Is not clear!

Hi! Problem is described here
help if you can pls
regards
19th October 2014, 04:09 PM |#1334  
OP Senior Member

More
@OscarBlue
Which the condition for ghich MTKDroid use templecm or mini version?
How can upfate templcwm to use mroe recent CWM (ex, Carliv CWM 6.x)?

@93Obi
I checked in my W8 and the device is recognize by Windows and by MTKDroid.
Which driver did you use for USB? Which is the deviec name recognized in W8?
Chech here: http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum...nd-Droid-Tools
19th October 2014, 05:13 PM |#1335  
Kraljevo

More
Quote:

@OscarBlue

@93Obi
I checked in my W8 and the device is recognize by Windows and by MTKDroid.
Which driver did you use for USB? Which is the deviec name recognized in W8?
Chech here: http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum...nd-Droid-Tools

Sorry, I don't understand first part of your question. As for the second part, my drivers were automatically installed, my device is recognized in Device manager on my Windows 8 PC under Android Phone>Android ADB Interface and ADB works flawlessly, but always when I open MTK Droid tools while my device is plugged in PC, it says :˝your device isn't revealed. Try reinserting USB cable˝. Right after that, my device is seen as ˝offline ˝ when I type ˝adb devices˝ command in cmd line.
My phone is GSmart Arty A3 with 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 chipset
19th October 2014, 05:45 PM |#1336  
OP Senior Member

More
The first part of my answer certificate that in my configuration (W8) the phone is detected both Windows8 and MTKDroid.
Connect the phone to USB.
Go into MTKDroid folder -> fiels subfolder. Open here a MSDOS prompt.
Type this command
adb devices
and show iof teh device is detected.
19th October 2014, 06:09 PM |#1337  
Kraljevo

More
Quote:

The first part of my answer certificate that in my configuration (W8) the phone is detected both Windows8 and MTKDroid.
Type this command
adb devices

I did by your instructions, but my device is offline again. I installed drivers from link you gave me for mtk devices, first i disabled driver signature verification. All drivers are installed and ready to use
I don't know why is my device offline again, that's so weird

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote:

Type this command
adb devices

I deleted adbkey files in .android folder on my pc, opened folder where is my adb installed and there opened my command promt, typed ˝adb devices˝ in prompt, and my device was asked for rsa digital fingerprint which I granted and now my phone is online and detected by adb.
For some reason, my phone acts as no usb debugging is allowed when I open Mtk droid tools, in other cases ADB works ok.
Now that's weird
19th October 2014, 06:50 PM |#1338  
OP Senior Member

More
Then now it works.
You lose the fingrprint that is necessary for security reason.
19th October 2014, 06:57 PM |#1339  
Kraljevo

More
Quote:

Then now it works.
You lose the fingrprint that is necessary for security reason.

but mtk droid tools still says that my device isnt revealed and my device is offline again...
20th October 2014, 03:08 PM |#1340  
Thanks Meter: 379

More
Quote:

@OscarBlue

I am not sure if Droid tools is supposed to detect that the recovery block is too small and then automatically use the mini version, I'm guessing that the tool will try to use which ever version is present in the files folder, in earlier builds of Mtkdroid tool the mini version was not present and had to be downloaded, but now both files are in the folder already, questions for Rua1 really but as you know he appears to have ceased developing the tool, for whatever reason.
I had cwm 5 installed on both my devices by Mtkdroid tools, and have successfully ported Carliv's touch recovery v 6 without any problems, but how to upgrade through droid tools I have no idea, @rua1 has said in the past that it was of no benefit as at the time the recovery he was using was more stable.

@93Obi if you have debugging turned on and its not a faulty cable, maybe there is a problem with your adb driver, you could try installing pda.net on your pc, its a small download and includes adb drivers for win7/8 worth a try, you can download it Here , Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to oscarblue48 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oscarblue48 Ad-Free
20th October 2014, 03:18 PM |#1341  
OP Senior Member

More
The real problem is the CWM (v. 5.5.0.4 for MTKDroid - 6.x for Carliv) compatibility regarding Android OS version.
CWM 5.x nd 67.x are not compatible with Android OS 4.4.x. Are compatible up to Android 4.2.x.

Infact for OS 4.4.x device I'm using TWRP 2.8.0.0 (with Easy TWRP installer).

The new recovery (Carliv/TWRP) can be installed with Mobileuncle tool/flashboot mode (Carliv) or directly with the tool Easy TWRP installer (TWRP).
The Following User Says Thank You to bovirus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bovirus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread