Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] Linux-on-Android project

2,889 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,819

Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2013, 04:09 AM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
What do you want to do with gmail? Just execute this command in the terminal like when you started chromium from there.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
27th July 2013, 02:09 PM |#202  
Flag Ruse
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I have a problem. About a year ago I bought one of the apps in the play store, but now it is gone, instead there is a new version, which I can't download. It is gone from my app list too, so I cannot reinstall it.

What is the solution to this?
27th July 2013, 06:01 PM |#203  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ipswich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnik1

I have a problem. About a year ago I bought one of the apps in the play store, but now it is gone, instead there is a new version, which I can't download. It is gone from my app list too, so I cannot reinstall it.

What is the solution to this?

Seems Google no longer let's users download apps they paid for as we switched to one key.
If you can find the receipt or order number and pm me I can send you the new key

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to zacthespack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zacthespack Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 10:18 PM |#204  
Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 28

More
What is the root password for the debian small image? There appears to be no sudo installed and the password I used when setting up the image doesn't work with su.
1st August 2013, 03:44 AM |#205  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Question Motorola Lapdock Mouse Control?
I have a Bionic running ICS with AndroidOnLinux (AOL?) Ubuntu LXDE (12.04?) . When I plug it into my Moto Lapdock to run on the big screen (setting VNC screen to 1366x768), it looks great, but I cannot figure out a way to use the Lapdock touchpad or a USB mouse plugged into it to control the mouse cursor on VNC's display either with local mouse selected or deselected. I can use the cursor keys on the keyboard to position the mouse cursor, but have not found any way to simulate the mouse button clicks from the keyboard.

Is there any way to do this? I really would like to do this with the Lapdock as the phone's display is just too small to use any kind of Linux desktop (for me at least)

TIA.
1st August 2013, 11:15 PM |#206  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ubuntu 13.04 Small

This is working a treat on my Note 2.
I would like to install msttcorefonts, but am informed that it is not available.
It used to instal fine with Ubuntu 12.04.
Any help appreciated.
5th August 2013, 12:02 AM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Any update on this working in the Atrix? I really want to give it a try.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
5th August 2013, 10:49 AM |#208  
Flag Ipswich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasroos

Any update on this working in the Atrix? I really want to give it a try.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Im sorry guys my main machine died on me so I can get anything uploaded for at least a week while I wait for new parts, nothing has been lost data wise motherboard just gave up.

In other news please check out the XDA Tablet Z contest as voting is now live http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...oting-is-live/
18th August 2013, 02:46 AM |#209  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Why is CLI trying to mount the loopback device to a root folder? Is this why it fails the mount? I just read on your original thread that there may be an issue with the application on the latest JB 4.3? Could this be why it is not mounting?

When I did a google search it found the other thread and had (Complete Linux Installer) as part of the title. I assumed this was that application. I have Linux Deploy also and no problems and it also uses an image file so loopback device is working

DId I post in the correct place?

[email protected]:/ $
[email protected]:/ $ cd /sdcard/debian
[email protected]:/sdcard/debian $ su
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/debian/debian.img
sh /data/data/com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/debian/debian.img
m.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/debian/debian.img <
Checking loop device... MISSING
Creating loop device... OK
mount: mounting /dev/block/loop255 on /data/local/mnt failed: Operation not supported
Error: Unable to mount the loop device!
1|[email protected]:/storage/emulated/legacy/debian #
18th August 2013, 10:02 AM |#210  
Flag Ipswich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfr33k

Why is CLI trying to mount the loopback device to a root folder? Is this why it fails the mount? I just read on your original thread that there may be an issue with the application on the latest JB 4.3? Could this be why it is not mounting?

When I did a google search it found the other thread and had (Complete Linux Installer) as part of the title. I assumed this was that application. I have Linux Deploy also and no problems and it also uses an image file so loopback device is working

DId I post in the correct place?

[email protected]:/ $
[email protected]:/ $ cd /sdcard/debian
[email protected]:/sdcard/debian $ su
m.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid/files/bootscript.sh /sdcard/debian/debian.img <
Checking loop device... MISSING
Creating loop device... OK
mount: mounting /dev/block/loop255 on /data/local/mnt failed: Operation not supported
Error: Unable to mount the loop device!
1|[email protected]:/storage/emulated/legacy/debian #

Yes currently android 4.3 has broken LoA, I hope to get it fixed asap but a string of events in real life and prevented me from having any time to develop right now, I hope to get back on the project in the coming week
18th August 2013, 10:16 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
[QUOTE. zacthespack;44734932]Yes currently android 4.3 has broken LoA, I hope to get it fixed asap but a string of events in real life and prevented me from having any time to develop right now, I hope to get back on the project in the coming week[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I got a bit further. I changed ext2 to ext4 in the bootscript.sh. got to the screen size but then it runs su and asks for the password and debian fails.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)