Ubuntu (yeah I know...)

Search This thread

beehiveblack

Dec 3, 2010
Since I see no mention of it on our forum... I'll break the ice.
The port guide went up today on Ubuntu wiki. So, are there any devs working on it for the note 2?
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
This was just posted in the MIUI thread earlier.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5556

"I sent him a PM. Thanks I am glad to be here. The GN2 is an amazing phone with limitless possibilities. Today I ported ubuntu touch to the Gn2 I am going to clean it up before or if I release it. It was very easy to change it over to compile for our phones, ubuntu touch is fast sometimes and slow others. As far as I can tell those issues have nothing to do with anything I changed in porting so that would make it an upstream bug. Gonna have to wait for canonical to push out a new release.

Regards,

Atsuisofu"

Sent from my Mackified Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium.

Reactions: BigRitz

jamice4u

I just wanted to say I just put ubuntu on my PC and now I am quad-booting on my computer. [Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 12.10.] I cannot to dual boot Jellybean and Ubuntu from my Android phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Nicgraner

Dec 14, 2010
Dripping Springs
I was browsing the developer only section and saw slick_rick taking with other devs so we shouldn't be waiting to long for a build, if you're impatient there's a guide on how to build it but it's not for the faint of heart haha

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
I was browsing the developer only section and saw slick_rick taking with other devs so we shouldn't be waiting to long for a build, if you're impatient there's a guide on how to build it but it's not for the faint of heart haha

Ehh probably wont release anything either. If anyone wants to use my source though, github.com/slickrick is where I have my Ubuntu Touch repos.

formuk

Mar 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
Seems like a vanity OS imho, I'd most definitely try a build once put out but will probably end up switching back to TW or AOSP within a week, lol

Nicgraner

Dec 14, 2010
Dripping Springs
Ehh probably wont release anything either. If anyone wants to use my source though, github.com/slickrick is where I have my Ubuntu Touch repos.

Well it seems like it turns your phone into a media device, so if you don't need signal, it should be fine since Wi-Fi and the font artifacts are gone? But I can see the issue of people not reading and complaining..

Nov 16, 2010
I'd like a ROM that turned into Ubuntu only when the note 2 was docked to a monitor. I'd probably stop using my laptop if I had that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only camera and Web browser is functional. Nothing else. Not worth the time.

Sent from my Spaceship with Tapatalk 2.

Its on the Ubuntu site? I haven't been back there in a while since I formatted winblows an switched.

This was just posted in the MIUI thread earlier.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5556

"I sent him a PM. Thanks I am glad to be here. The GN2 is an amazing phone with limitless possibilities. Today I ported ubuntu touch to the Gn2 I am going to clean it up before or if I release it. It was very easy to change it over to compile for our phones, ubuntu touch is fast sometimes and slow others. As far as I can tell those issues have nothing to do with anything I changed in porting so that would make it an upstream bug. Gonna have to wait for canonical to push out a new release.

Regards,

Atsuisofu"

Sent from my Mackified Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium.