[SCRIPT] Odex any ROM

7,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,993

By OMJ, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 23rd February 2013, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First, thanks to tommytomatoe for creating the awesome dexo script! I have only automated the process. For more info on the dexo script check TT's thread here.

Also, thanks to volk9029 for all the ROM testing, he tested a majority of the ROMs.

In theory, this script will re-odex any completely deodexed ROM, BUT it depends on the modifications the dev has done to their ROM. ie..if framework.jar is missing "preloaded-classes", the script will abort. preloaded-classes is needed for odex ROMs to boot.

Each of the ROMs listed below as "incompatible" have "preloaded-classes" missing from /system/framework/framework.jar. Each of these ROMs would be compatible if framework.jar is modded correctly. For more info see post # 8

Requirements:

-You need to have the HTC usb drivers installed. If you have HTC Sync installed, you're good to go.
-You need to have usb debugging enabled on your phone. Settings, Dev options, usb debugging.

-I recommend doing a backup before running this script (just in case)

Install:

-Extract zip to pc
-Phone must be booted
-connect phone to pc
-run "Odex my ROM.bat"

The script only takes a few minutes, your phone will appear frozen during the process. When the script is done, your phone will reboot.

DOWNLOAD

Compatible ROMs:

-OMJ's
-Superjelly
-meanbean 3.01
-Viper's ROM 3.10
-Hatka LTE ROM
-Digital Bath ROM
-Micromax A75
-Red Line ROM by billbowers

Incompatible ROMs:

-Flex's Stock w/ Goodies
-Tranquility ROM
-Timberwolf671 ROM

These are the only ROMs tested, if you use this script on another ROM, please post your results & I'll update the list.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to OMJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 07:11 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag MN

Donate to Me
More
reserved
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OMJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 07:28 PM |#3  
Flag denver
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Re: [SCRIPT] Odex any ROM
Thanks for sharing man!!!!!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 08:19 PM |#4  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,701

More
Awesome job. Thank you.

Sent from my lair.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volk9029 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift volk9029 Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 08:26 PM |#5  
Flag Rhode Island
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Thanks so much for this. I just odexed the new HatkaLTE ROM and it's running great! I had read TT's thread but was a little intimidated by it. Great job automating this!
24th February 2013, 04:41 AM |#6  
Flag New England..
Thanks Meter: 61

More
This works perfect! Thanks
24th February 2013, 05:30 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
This its awesome. Great idea. I knew tommy had made the script, and now you have automated it. Nice work from both of you. Thanks. Any reversal method being designed yet? I suppose do a nandroid before using the script would be best.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 04:38 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag MN

Donate to Me
More
some good info from TT about the preloaded-classes issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomatoe

Good stuff To bring a little more clarification as to why those rams are in the incompatible list.

"Preloaded-classes gets accidentally compiled into classes.dex by sloppy devs

Framework.jar should only be modified using baksmali and smali, never apktool or any other tool.

The bad framework.jar, its classes.dex contains the code and instructions for preloaded-classes already. So when you odex, framework.odex contains preloaded-classes and classes.dex codes - which causes the system not to boot. Odex files should only contain classes.dex code.

How to resolve? Take a fresh framework.jar and baksmali it. Edit it. Then smali. This will ensure preloaded-classes were untouched, as baksmali is smart enough to leave it alone.

Another alternative is to pull classes.dex from fresh framework.jar and baksmali it. Smali when finished and insert back into jar file.

Then, when you odex, framework.jar will contain only preloaded-classes and framework.odex is the optimized classes.dex. "

Of course, autogeeks suggestion works but that is not ideal for the obvious reasons. Mods done to framework.jar would no longer be available, all dependencies on those mods would of course be broken.

...then again, I haven't touched android in a long long time. What do I know

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OMJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 10:13 PM |#9  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 3,819

Donate to Me
More
Thanks bro.
TT is the man too.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootlinux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rootlinux Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 10:03 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 581

More
Just executed this script. Flawless. Thank you

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 10:31 PM |#11  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Thanks for this Script i made my ROM Odexed but few of my app are not working properly may be the problem of the app as there are only few apps like Root Browser opening but not working properly giving forceclose after few clicks when i try to open system it just doesnt open and when i close the app and again try to open system it opens and when i click on app it gives forceclose, Zeam Launcher not showing dock but other then this all are working fine so thanks for the script will try to change the apps which are not working and then check if i still get the problem i think i wont and now i think that i can release my first custom ROM as i was waiting for this Odex script so that i can release the first ROM of mine in Odex version although its a ROM from another developer but i moded it and made compatible with my device thats MICROMAX A75 so will test it fully and once confirmed everything working perfectly then will release it so just wanted to know if i can release the ROM with Odexed version made by your script i will add proper credits in the credit section if you permit me to go ahead. will be waiting for your permission. Once again thanks for your script yaar its just awesome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)