Overheat issue

Search This thread

greganka

Sep 3, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys
I just downloaded jurassic park game and when it's running my cpu goes up to 72 degrees. I'm guessing it's a little too hot right? What should be the maximum that I shouldn't cross? And also what kind of damage does this high heat do to the phone?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
Hey guys
I just downloaded jurassic park game and when it's running my cpu goes up to 72 degrees. I'm guessing it's a little too hot right? What should be the maximum that I shouldn't cross? And also what kind of damage does this high heat do to the phone?

I think the highest is around 158 degrees. I would try not to go over 110.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Hey guys

As for the damage, it can fry the internal components of the phone.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

greganka

Sep 3, 2012
Toronto
I think the highest is around 158 degrees. I would try not to go over 110.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

As for the damage, it can fry the internal components of the phone.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

I'm talking about Celsius. So it's about 161-2 F

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
50 degrees too hot. Over what it should be. Higher than it should get. More than a safe temperature. 50 degrees " Fahrenheit " toooooooo Hot.
AT&T HTC One X
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

Ah... This is where proper spelling really helps. The word "too" means too hot.

Anyway 72 degrees Celsius doesn't sound that bad.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
Ah... This is where proper spelling really helps. The word "too" means too hot.

Anyway 72 degrees Celsius doesn't sound that bad.

Pardon my typo please. 72 degrees Celsius = 161.6 degrees Fahrenheit. That's slightly warm. 113 degrees Fahrenheit is considered dangerous and at 100 degrees Celsius you can boil water.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL

Last edited:

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
Pardon my typo please. 72 degrees Celsius = 161.6 degrees Fahrenheit. That's slightly warm. 113 degrees Fahrenheit is considered dangerous.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL

First off, if we're discussing computer components and temperature thresholds we use Celsius (This phone falls into that category). This is universal, and helps to avoid confusion. Secondly, 72 degrees celsius is perfectly fine for silicon the cpu is made out of. The cpu will also throttle itself down to avoid damage due to heat. The real concern is whether the battery is getting too hot. The hotter the battery, the shorter the potential lifespan.

Now, whether anyone is going to pull up a datasheet for either of these two components is an entirely different matter. Hopefully someone does.

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
First off, if we're discussing computer components and temperature thresholds we use Celsius (This phone falls into that category). This is universal, and helps to avoid confusion. Secondly, 72 degrees celsius is perfectly fine for silicon the cpu is made out of. The cpu will also throttle itself down to avoid damage due to heat. The real concern is whether the battery is getting too hot. The hotter the battery, the shorter the potential lifespan.

Now, whether anyone is going to pull up a datasheet for either of these two components is an entirely different matter. Hopefully someone does.

As for the celsius being universal, thank you for telling me. That I did not know. But I am not going to pull my phone apart to get the code number off the cpu lol. Thanks.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol sorry, bored on a Saturday night.