FORUMS

[Alcatel OT-991] Unbrick. + CWM Recovery.

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By frapedas, Senior Member on 23rd February 2013, 10:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since those files are important for those who looking for CWM recovery or to unbrick / revive their phones. i decided to start a new thread to keep
them all together into one section... so it will be easy for the rest of the world to find them.

I managed to gather pro_info + preloader from models: 991X-2IRGES3 (Espaniol) (N F83 ), 991D-2AALDE1 (German) (N G3G) , 991D-2AALGR1 (Greek) (N G3G), 991D-2AALIT1 (Italian) (G3G), 991X-2ATBMK1 (N F47) 991X-2ARGRO1 (Romanian) (N F3B), if you want to unbrick your OT-991 but its model is not listed there, then you can try all adove one by one, until you find the right one.. when you find the right one the screen lights up. that means you can go with OT-UPGRADE and let it flash again the firmware all over.

If you can't find your language:
Edit pro_info with hex editor and change the 2 letters of the language u want for example 991X-2IRGXX3 change the xx part to EN for english or RU for Russian.

LOOK at the sticker behind the battery it looks like this:

CE 1588 (!)

ONE TOUCH 991
TCT MOBILE LIMITED
Bluetooth QD ID xxxxxxxxxx

N xxx xxxx xx xxx
Made in China
991X-xxxxxx-xx

PRO_INFO's from directories with 991D stands for dual sim and 991X stands for signle sim.

^ check the N part on the sticker, or the 991-xxxx part and choose preloader+pro_info
Flash tool version to be used is V3.1216.05 <------ Important

PS. If still the phone is dead (Even after OT-Upgrade) you can try reflash ONLY preloader.img and not the rest of the files..
when you find the correct preloader the phone will turn on.. since OT-UPGRADE Already has flashed the rest of the firmware.

PS2. i uploaded recovery.img (CWM) and boot.img (root) if u want to restore a CWM recovery or root it after.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates:

[ 2/2/2013 ] 991D-2AALIT1 (G3G) added to 7zip.
[ 2/3/2013 ] 991X-2ARGRO1 (F3B) added to 7zip.
[ 2/21/2013] 991D-2AALIT1 [2] (G4G) Added
[ 2/21/2013] 991X-2ARGRO1 [2] (F3B) Added
[ 2/24/2013] 991D-2EALDE1 Added
[ 2/25/2013] 991X-2BYGES1 Added

Good News Member @mentolatux (Thanks to @Gradu2012 memeber) has managed to unbrick his phone with 991X-2ARGRO1 [2] as it is the same model.. finally we come into conclusion that there is no any serial/imei checks or something like that, you just need to find the right preloader for your phone.. this 7z already contains enough preloaders but may not be able to cover all the models.

Quote:

The second attachment contains boot.img for rooting the phone, and also a CWM Recovery for Alcatel, that backups and restores also custpack partition. due to many request from our friend @catdoggy (custpack will be shown as /datadata, but its custpack) custpack name will be datadata

If you wipe data through Recovery you also loose custpack So.. you have those options.

1. Wipe using some other tool.

2. Take a clean backup, rename the dir to "Wipe" instead of wiping use restore, and then the wipe backup.

3. Open adb shell and type: wipe data

4. Still not happy? no s... is given use stock rom and drink milk :P

If you run into a problems with Recovery, Boot or anything by me, there is always a solution to use your stock rom/anything else and guess, don't care at all. Also you do everything you do at your very own risk, I am NOT responsible of any damages.

Unbrick / Debrick is ONLY if phone don't turn at all (eg. full format) NOT If android have problems Don't TRY to use images to unbrick phone if phone can turn on. then use ONE TOUCH UPGRADE or install a ROM (eg. gradu etc). You will damage your preloader if your phone power button works up to android logo or recovery.
Quote:

the steps to unbrick phone goes like that

1. Load the scatter.

2. Full format everything.

3. load all the files that this small fixed scatter wants (DSP_BL to LOGO.IMG)

4. Download all the files

5. You can use OTU, then use the same scatter and try ONLY just 1 preloader each time, they flash correctly always. once you found the correct preloader phone turns on and boots up to android.

OR alternate, you don't use OTU, instead you keep flashing preloaders until the screen lights up.

To make this more clear to you,

step 1.

FULL FORMAT.

step 2.

PRELOADER -checked- (a random one doesn't mater)
DSP_BL -checked-
PRO_INFO -checked-
NVRAM-checked-
UBOOT -checked-
BOOTIMG -checked-
RECOVERY -checked-
LOGO -checked-

step 3 and now :

PRELOADER -checked- (a random one doesn't mater, can be flashed all over and over again until the screen lights)
DSP_BL -empty-
PRO_INFO -empty-
NVRAM-empty-
UBOOT -empty-
BOOTIMG -empty-
RECOVERY -empty-
LOGO -empty-

Use this zip to do your job Download unbrick zip with the preloader collection
Attached Files
File Type: 7z OT991-Recovery.7z - [Click for QR Code] (7.16 MB, 12567 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to frapedas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frapedas Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 12:45 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag salonica

More
PROINFO
@IvanX9 try this for Espaniol

*attachment removed*
24th February 2013, 08:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frapedas

@IvanX9 try this for Espaniol

Thanks a lot. It will force Alcatel Upgrade to flash and download a Spanish Dual Sim Stock ROM ?? ( not a single rom ! )
24th February 2013, 09:30 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag salonica

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanX9

Thanks a lot. It will force Alcatel Upgrade to flash and download a Spanish Dual Sim Stock ROM ?? ( not a single rom ! )

This is the deal. try it and tell me if it works for you.
24th February 2013, 11:31 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

This is the deal. try it and tell me if it works for you.

I tried, and it doesn´t work......

I got the same lenguages, but not the spanish ! What can I do ??
24th February 2013, 11:33 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag salonica

More
You got to be kidding, are you sure you flashed it right, and OTU completed?
24th February 2013, 11:37 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag salonica

More
If u are sure it got flashed and everything ok, then u are in the sad case to look for an 991D-xxxESx we have already an ES but is from a single sim phone... so.. you also must look if you have a backup from before you brick your phone.. or at Espaniol forum ask them to type in adb shell

cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 >> /sdcard/preloader.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 >> /sdcard/pro_info.img

You only need pro_info.img i need both to included in the 7z here.

Any one with a spanish 991 dual sim??? please type those commants and upload pro_info/preloader here. thanks in advance
24th February 2013, 05:01 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

If u are sure it got flashed and everything ok, then u are in the sad case to look for an 991D-xxxESx we have already an ES but is from a single sim phone... so.. you also must look if you have a backup from before you brick your phone.. or at Espaniol forum ask them to type in adb shell

cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 >> /sdcard/preloader.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 >> /sdcard/pro_info.img

You only need pro_info.img i need both to included in the 7z here.

Any one with a spanish 991 dual sim??? please type those commants and upload pro_info/preloader here. thanks in advance

I'm asking in spanish forums in order to get that 2 files.... but I think that it will be difficult because not everybody knows how to manage with de ADB SHELL
24th February 2013, 05:04 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag salonica

More
Ivan.. please ask at the "how to root" thread so more people will be able to see your message. Ask for an italian pro_info rom there ok?
24th February 2013, 07:32 PM |#10  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The region information is included in Preloader image not pro_info, methods are not valid if they pass by OTU returned to factory settings, not valid when loading images with FlashTool, I've tried everything, I have reached maximum SetupWizard get it installed and running half the root menu translated into English as recognizable by me (and most do not understand). In fact pro_info image is not included in the firmware is loaded with basic information that sends the preloader to OTU is a loop if the images are loaded with OTU, what we need to edit is the preloader not pro_info me not worth any of which there are published, not even mine, do not load the preloader FlashTool neither nor dsp_bl
What you need are the original files that include dsp_bl Preloader and Spanish and can be loaded without errors FlashTool.
Thank you.
24th February 2013, 08:12 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag salonica

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzadkiel2

The region information is included in Preloader image not pro_info, methods are not valid if they pass by OTU returned to factory settings, not valid when loading images with FlashTool, I've tried everything, I have reached maximum SetupWizard get it installed and running half the root menu translated into English as recognizable by me (and most do not understand). In fact pro_info image is not included in the firmware is loaded with basic information that sends the preloader to OTU is a loop if the images are loaded with OTU, what we need to edit is the preloader not pro_info me not worth any of which there are published, not even mine, do not load the preloader FlashTool neither nor dsp_bl
What you need are the original files that include dsp_bl Preloader and Spanish and can be loaded without errors FlashTool.
Thank you.

@tzadkiel allow me to dissagree with you please.. OTU doesn't use at all preloader (doesn't even flash it back) and it uses pro_info to determine which firmware it will provide (thats why when you have corrupted pro_info it can't detect the version and gives you a 'you have the latest version' also another person in this forum already tryied changing the language part only and succeed. (i mean recieved from OTU a native firmware) preloader as far as i know its a basic driver of the hardware-set of the phone.

The person who changed his language like this, he used backedup preloader of his rom, edited only pro_info. If your statement is right then he is going to face another problem, preloaders are not going to work on all phones.. so it will be like 90% if he flash another preloader that will brick his phone... The second thing of your thery that doesn't match is that preloader is a completely binary file that contains only hex. while pro_info contains readable information and strings that match the model, the version, and the hardware of the phone. in Fact ..we can't edit preloader. this will cause phone to be bricked even a small bit if you change there.

@tzadkiel Lets leave the technical part, you can tell if you are looking also a Spanish rom or another language is that you looking for? for 991D or for 991X ask here.. and u can try both preloader,+pro_info when we got them.

I Wish you all, luck into returning it to your language. (and someone to give you the files u need) cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)