FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[L5] CWM Recovery v6.0.2.8 (non-touch) (last update: 2013/07/04)

210 posts
Thanks Meter: 174

By ldeleeuw, Senior Member on 24th February 2013, 01:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I want to start with saying that I didn't create these, but they were mostly created by Chacha_Ivanov from 4pda.ru. I just created a thread for it on XDA. Source of the files attached: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry19657093 (Translated in Google Translate)

Requirements:
  • You know how to use adb on your PC and you have the proper drivers installed to do so (guide)
  • You know how you can restore your phone to it's original state in case something goes wrong
  • Your phone is rooted
    If isn't rooted, you can follow this guide by XxXKINGMAKXxX
  • USB debugging is enabled

CWM Installation
You can update CWM by flashing the ZIP attached to this post. Latest version is called CWM_6.0.2.8_by_Chacha_Ivanov_2013-05-20.zip. For a first installation follow the guide below.

First Time Installation instructions for CWM
  1. Make sure you meet the requirements listed above.
  2. MAKE A BACKUP! If you want to ensure to keep your important contacts, pictures, data and/or settings.
    If you don't feel confident you can restore your device if something goes wrong while trying this, I recommend you don't do this at all
  3. Unlock Boot Loader, if you haven't done this already. Follow instructions from here
  4. Extract "CWM_6.0.2.8_by_Chacha_Ivanov_2013-05-20.zip" to root of internal sdcard (so you get /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-e610.img)
  5. Open command prompt. You can search for "cmd" in your start menu/screen.
  6. Type the following in command prompt and press enter between commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
  7. Press "grant" or "allow" on your phones screen if SuperUser or SuperSU asks for root permissions.
  8. Optional: You can make a backup of the stock recovery by using the following command:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/recovery-backup.img
    To restore, switch the texts after 'if=' and 'of=', after having repeated step 1, 4 and 5.
  9. Continue with the following commands (replace "recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-e610.img" by the right file name if necessary)
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-6.0.2.8-e610.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
    reboot recovery

Additional info:
After the reboot you'll see CWM. You can navigate by using the volume buttons and to access a menu item you need to press the power button
You can access CWM upon boot any time by powering off the phone and restart it by pressing volume down and power on at the same time, then immediately followed by holding the home button (like this).

Notes for CWM 6.0.2.8 by Chacha_Ivanov (2013/05/20):
  • CWM version: 6.0.2.8
  • I pulled recovery.img from Chache_Ivanov's custom V10D_downgrade firmware and put it into a flashable zip, to make updating CWM easier.
  • [REMOVED FEATURE/BUG] Can't mount as USB Storage
  • [BUG] ADB sideload also doesn't work, as the devices isn't recognized by adb when it's in CWM
  • [FIXED] You can install zips from internal, as well as from external SD card

Notes for older versions:

Notes for CWM 6.0.2.8 by CyanogenMod Team (2013/03/10):
  • Based on CWM v6.0.2.8, non-touch version
  • [REMOVED] Mount as USB Storage (it wasn't working anyway)
  • [BUG] Mounting of external SD card doesn't work (so put everything you need to access in CWM on internal sd card)
  • [BUG] ADB sideload also doesn't work, as the devices isn't recognized by adb when it's in CWM

Notes for CWM 6.0.2.8 by Chacha_Ivanov (2013/03/16):
  • Based on CWM v6.0.2.8 by CM????
  • [BUG] Mounting of internal SD card doesn't work (so put everything you need to access in CWM on internal sd card)
  • [FIXED] Mount as USB Storage

Notes for CWM 6.0.2.8 by Chacha_Ivanov (2013/03/15):
  • Based on CWM v6.0.2.8 by CM????
  • [REMOVED] Mount as USB Storage (it wasn't working anyway)
  • [BUG] Mounting of internal SD card doesn't work (so put everything you need to access in CWM on internal sd card)

Notes for CWM6_26-02-2013 users:
  • Based on CWM v6.0.2.5, non-touch version
  • [FIXED] Factory reset
  • [BUG] Mount USB Storage still doesn't work

Notes for CWM6_24-03-2013 users:
This version was actually released on 24-02-2013, but I made a typo in the filename
  • This version is based on CWM v6.0.2.8 (touch)
  • [BUG] Advanced restore doesn't let you choose which backup you want to use (I think it automatically picks the first)
  • [BUG] Factory reset doesn't work, because there are buttons in the dialog (you can work around it by going to 'mounts and partitions' > 'format cache' and 'format data')
  • [BUG] Restoration of data sometimes doesn't work. I haven't yet figured out why and when exactly
  • [BUG] Mount USB Storage still doesn't work

Notes for CWM5_17/02/2013 users:
  • [BUG] Restoration of data doesn't work. You'll get an error message.
    From what I've read it's caused by the limited space we have for /data (2GB). I think it's better to use 3th party recovery from the Google Play Store for backing up and restoring data. CWM's restore functions works as expected for backing up and restoring /system
  • [BUG] Mount USB Storage doesn't work

Note: CWM6_24-03-2013.rar is actually released on 24/02/2013, but I made a typo in the file name. The newest version of CWM is CWM6 by CM (see direct download link under instructions).
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to ldeleeuw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ldeleeuw Ad-Free

24th February 2013, 02:55 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 841

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeleeuw

Hello,

I want to start with saying that I didn't create these, but they were created by Chacha_Ivanov from 4pda.ru. I just created a thread for it on XDA. Today (24/2/2013) he has released a new version of CWM, based on CWM 6.0.2.8.

Source of the files attached: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry19657093 (Translated in Google Translate)

Unlocked boot loader is confirmed working with unofficial firmware, which you can find here

For this guide I assume you know how to use ADB on your windows PC and you know how to restore your devices to it's original state (using a KDZ Flasher) if things go sideways.

Bugs in CWM6 are unknown!

Awesome!!!
24th February 2013, 05:35 PM |#3  
Flag zurich
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Re: [L5] CWM Recovery 5.x and 6.x (touch)
Can we flash it through cwm?
Nevermind
Sent from my LG-E612 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 09:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Re: [L5] CWM Recovery 5.x and 6.x (touch)
Hi do you recommend updating the CWM earlier installed v6.. with this one o 24th? If yes which method? Thanks

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 09:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Prompt Boot loader unlock
Make sure you unlock using the right files, or else you might get random reboots!
E610: Download from here (made by urobbot/payback)
E610GO / E610V: I think these are carrier specific version of E610. You can try the unlock for E610, but it may result in a boot-loop or random reboots.
E612: Download 'Unlocked_bootloader_17-02-2013.rar' attached from here (made by chacha_ivanov)
E612G / E612F: Use E610 unlock. Tested by Inchewazu and panchovix
E615 / E615F: Download from here. Credits to Payback / confirmed working by mateuswtf
E617 / E617G: Unlocked bootloader by Skellum. You'll find it here.

There is also this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1159
It's unclear for what model it is, but I think it's made for E612

Boot loader unlock instructions:
  1. Make sure you meet the requirements listed above
  2. MAKE A BACKUP! If you want to ensure you don't loose your data and settings.
    If you don't feel confident you can restore your device if something goes wrong while trying this, I recommend you don't do this at all
  3. Copy "Unlocked_bootloader_*.rar" to root of internal sdcard (you get /sdcard/emmc_appsboot.bin)
  4. Open command prompt. You can search for "cmd" in your start menu/screen.
  5. Type the following in command prompt and press enter between commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
  6. Press "grant" or "allow" on your phones screen if SuperUser or SuperSU asks for root permissions.
  7. Optional: You can make a backup of the stock boot loader by using the following command:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/emmc_appsboot-backup.bin
  8. Continue with the following commands:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/emmc_appsboot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
    reboot
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ldeleeuw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ldeleeuw Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 10:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Prompt
Probably found a CWM 6 bug: when selecting "wipe data/factory reset", it asks for confirmation but it's impossible to say yes, because there are no buttons nor options to choose of
26th February 2013, 12:03 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
I can confirm that. I added it to OP. I found a similar problem with advanced restore.
6th March 2013, 10:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 316

Donate to Me
More
getting rebbot after sd card is scanned this is after unlock bootloader

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

if possible how to access stock recovery and install stock system e612f kenya not sure which would apply from this site http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=12

through constant reboots installed cwm fixed permissions hopefully it will work

managed to flash new custom rom wiped reset etc and still random reboots seems like bootloader error anyway to restore nb.i hadnt made a backup so please anyone with the orignal
6th March 2013, 01:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 316

Donate to Me
More
kdz
here is a kdz log it seems to crash when reading phone info
Attached Files
File Type: txt KDZ_FW_UPD_log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.3 KB, 231 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to bkr32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkr32 Ad-Free
6th March 2013, 02:30 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Re: [L5] CWM Recovery v6.0.2.5 (non-touch) (updated: 28/02/2013)
What's your model and software version? You can check it by opening options > about phone (listed at the bodem). You will model number and software version there.

Mine says:
Model number: LG-E610
Software version: LG-E610-V10l-NOV-06-2012

I think I should be able to provide you a backup of the boot loader (emmc_bootapps.bin) with this info

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app
6th March 2013, 02:38 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Re: [L5] CWM Recovery v6.0.2.5 (non-touch) (updated: 28/02/2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkr32

here is a kdz log it seems to crash when reading phone info

The Kdz program always crashes when your press get phone information. It's a pretty crappy program. It can also crash when is loses focus while flashing

Sent from my LG-E610 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)