FORUMS

[Guide]How to make a flashable zip

368 posts
Thanks Meter: 781
 
By Rishik999, Senior Member on 24th February 2013, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here you go..tutorial on [how to] make a flashable zip

Special Thanks to ateeq72 for teaching me

REQUIREMENTS
- Any file that you want to replace or add to your phone;
- An existing (base) cwm flashable zip file. - I've attached one below;
- 7-zip, Winrar or any program which can open and modify zip files .

STEPS:

DIRECTORY STRUCTURE:

(1) Download and place the sample.zip (attached below) anywhere on your desktop;
(2) Right-click on it and open the archive with 7zip, winrar ... [DO NOT extract]

Now you should see two folders: one called "system" and one called "META-INF".
1. Let's start with the "system" one, so open it:

In there, will go all files that what you want to add or replace to the system. So let's say for example that you want to replace the bootanimation.

Make a "New Floder"
-Rename its as "media" (make sure its aint in CAPS nor with in quotation marks)
-drag those two new empty folders into the /system/ folder of the 7-zip opened archive
-now simply drop the two files in their respective place: the bootanimation.zip file should go in '/system/media' folder

.. If you have more files to add, just follow the logic above; I'm sure you get the idea by now..

Hints

/system/app - all the system apps (SystemUI.apk etc)
/system/framework/ -framework-res.apk,android.policy.jar
/system/media - bootanimation.zip
/system/lib - libraries (*.so)

2. The other folder included in the opened archive is named "META-INF" and all the file in it should be left unchanged.

Now,just place the zip into your sd card! & try your luck Ofc it will work

That's it !
CMON!Thats easy :P
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample.zip - [Click for QR Code] (122.2 KB, 33883 views)
The Following 373 Users Say Thank You to Rishik999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rishik999 Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 04:14 PM |#2  
Parth_14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 409
 
More
Re: [Guide]How to make a flashable zip
Exactly what was i looking for!! Thanks mate:thumbup:
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Parth_14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Parth_14 Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 04:15 PM |#3  
Rishik999's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth_14

Exactly what was i looking for!! Thanks mate:thumbup:

Welcome mate!
hit the thanks button twice xD
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Rishik999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rishik999 Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 05:00 PM |#4  
theviper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Re: [Guide]How to make a flashable zip
Nice tut
Thnx a ton

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to theviper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theviper Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 05:25 PM |#5  
Rishik999's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 781
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theviper

Nice tut
Thnx a ton

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

Welcome man
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rishik999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rishik999 Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 07:28 PM |#6  
russelldias's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 600
 
More
Nice Guide +1

meant for the NOOB's out there!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to russelldias For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift russelldias Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 05:12 AM |#7  
Rishik999's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 781
 
More
Re: [Guide]How to make a flashable zip
Welcome to all..welcomes for future thanks

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rishik999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rishik999 Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 05:36 AM |#8  
Minimilised_MR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 719
 
More
Re: [Guide]How to make a flashable zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishik999

Here you go..tutorial on [how to] make a flashable zip

Special Thanks to ateeq72 for teaching me

REQUIREMENTS
- Any file that you want to replace or add to your phone;
- An existing (base) cwm flashable zip file. - I've attached one below;
- 7-zip, Winrar or any program which can open and modify zip files .

STEPS:

DIRECTORY STRUCTURE:

(1) Download and place the sample.zip (attached below) anywhere on your desktop;
(2) Right-click on it and open the archive with 7zip, winrar ... [DO NOT extract]

Now you should see two folders: one called "system" and one called "META-INF".
1. Let's start with the "system" one, so open it:

In there, will go all files that what you want to add or replace to the system. So let's say for example that you want to replace the bootanimation.

Make a "New Floder"
-Rename its as "media" (make sure its aint in CAPS nor with in quotation marks)
-drag those two new empty folders into the /system/ folder of the 7-zip opened archive
-now simply drop the two files in their respective place: the bootanimation.zip file should go in '/system/media' folder

.. If you have more files to add, just follow the logic above; I'm sure you get the idea by now..

Hints

/system/app - all the system apps (SystemUI.apk etc)
/system/framework/ -framework-res.apk,android.policy.jar
/system/media - bootanimation.zip
/system/lib - libraries (*.so)

2. The other folder included in the opened archive is named "META-INF" and all the file in it should be left unchanged.

Now,just place the zip into your sd card! & try your luck Ofc it will work

That's it !
CMON!Thats easy :P

No need to change updater script?.... I suppose if we need to set permissions... We have to edit updater script! Can you teach me how to?

Sent from my HTC Using my Fingers
25th February 2013, 06:39 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thumbs up
I was trying to build one flashable zip and this came to my rescue. Great job man !
25th February 2013, 07:02 AM |#10  
Rishik999's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 781
 
More
Re: [Guide]How to make a flashable zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoying Bee

No need to change updater script?.... I suppose if we need to set permissions... We have to edit updater script! Can you teach me how to?

Sent from my HTC Using my Fingers

No ..no changes needed in the updater scripts..
For what u wanna set permission for?





Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet0112

I was trying to build one flashable zip and this came to my rescue. Great job man !

Haha...I know ..this a small ...kinda basic guide ..but its damn helpful ..I believe


Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Rishik999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rishik999 Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 08:15 PM |#11  
7alvi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kanpur, Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,314
 
More
you can also add a personal message in the updater script so when u flash the zip they can see ur personal message..the format is like this

Quote:

ui_print("your personal message here");

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 7alvi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 7alvi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes