This program is dedicated to the memory of my beloved parents Regina and Marcu Sloim.
Due to them and the no-cost (supported by state) system of university education in Romania of 1979-1984 I could become a computer engineer.
To all people who want to see my homeland, Romania.
To all people who still believe that humanity is above money and profit and all people are equal.
1. Windows CE, PPC2002, WM2003, WM5, WM6, WM6.1, WM6.5, WM6.5.3 PDA/Phone/Device with QVGA,VGA or WVGA screen.
2. Suitable USB cable for your device
1. PTP digital camera.
2. OBD-II device based on ELM327
3. Any other serial or USB device: GPS unit, Pen-scanner, mouse, keyboard, external HDD, card-reader, etc
4. Wireless/Infra-Red/Bluetooth/USB mini-printer: Citizen, Seiko, Symbol, Brother, Epson, Zebra, O´Neil, Monarch, etc
Made by Zeno Sloim.
Based on RATOC Systems and Future Technology Devices Intl. Ltd. drivers, Citizen, Seiko, Symbol, Zebra, Brother free drivers for respective products.
The program contains:
1. USB-based HDD unit, Memory Flash, USB-based card-reader MassStorage Driver
2. USB-based external CD-DVD unit
3. USB Mouse driver
4. USB Keyboard US-101 HID driver
5. USB-to-Serial Port driver
6. RS232 USB Serial Driver
7. PTPView for HOST & PTP Digital Cameras driver (non-USB Mass Storage such as Sony, Canon etc.).
- download photos and movies from PTP digital camera to your PDA/Phone/Device
- photo preview
- multiple files download
- delete files from digital camera
8. OBD-II device based on EM327 (serial port and direct USB communication) drivers
- use any OBD-II device based on ELM327 for your vehicle diagnosis directly
9. Wireless/Infra-Red/Bluetooth/USB mini-printer drivers for a large number of mini-printers: Citizen, Seiko, Symbol, Brother, Epson, Zebra, O´Neil, Monarch, etc
All features tested on Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox 560N running WM6.1 with Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 6.
Used with OEM USB keyboard, OEM external HDD, Kingston 8 GB memory-flash, OEM card-reader and various SD, SDHC cards, Microsoft various USB Mouses, Jura F9 automatic-coffee-machine serial port controller, OEM serial GPS unit, Canon Powershot G3, Canon PowerShot S3 IS.
Download and run installer-pc.exe on your pc, installer-ppc.exe on your PDA/Phone, installer-sp.exe on your smartphone, installer-ce on your Windows CE device.
1. What you see on screen when you connect something?
For HDD, Memory Flash or CardReader, you can see in Explorer(Resco Explorer or WM Explorer) the new unit labeled as "Hard Disk".
For keyboard, you don't see , but in any program using the device own keyboard (Touch Screen or slide - HTC Touch Pro), you can just type on external USB keyboard.
For mouse you see a yellow-green mouse cursor on screen which follows the external mouse movements.
For DVD you see : "External Mass Storage"
For Serial port a little window prompts you to configure the serial port settings and communication protocol.
Or start "Zeno Terminal" in "Start-Programs-Zeno USB Host Drivers" for configuration, or start "Zeno 232 USB Serial" in "Start-Programs-Zeno USB Host Drivers", for configuration.
For digital camera start the program "Zeno PTP View".
2. Is program limited to only devices with USB-host?
Yes and no. It depends on the hardware construction, accesible USB connector, even older devices without usb-host can have usb-host functionality. Many models and manufacturers has hidden this feature which really exists in their devices. The only way to find is to test it and if not working, search if other users succeeded. Original Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox 560N has included by default usb-host connector, with support for HDD-Memory Flash only.
3. Cables and power supply - which ones?
I always tested it with powersupply incoupled for my Loox, even if HDD or DVD-unit self was powered separated. More info on how to build an injected USB power supply here:
You can use the cables/accessories from an external powered usb 2.5" hdd unit and adapter mini-usb to usb (usb cables with 2 heads at one end for external power supply).
4. Does it work on my device?
There's nothing harmful, nothing malicious hidden in my program, so you can test it on your devices without risk for dataloss or other unpleasant effects.
The installation (CAB) is not locked to certain device, it is uninstallable, it is not compressed to avoid install problems on certain devices. On my FSC Loox 560N I could install/uninstall without problems. Test my program, if it works, I'll be glad I could help other users, without thinking of money or profit. If it does not work, I can not guarantee I can help you. Just try and see.
5. Can it read data from attached DVD-unit or NTFS partitions?
Yes. The DVD unit I used is an Acer USB-based CD&DVD-RW made 2004 for an Acer Tablet-PC.
6. Barcode readers?
A user commented that even an USB barcode reader worked ok.
7. Incompatibility problems with other programs?
I can only test on my FSC Loox 560N. You can try on other devices and report in this thread on your experiences.
8. Legal aspects. Is this program legal?
Yes. All informations and sources are based on free available information and sources. No licences or copyrights were infringed. All is legal to use.
9. How much does it cost?
This program made by me, Zeno Sloim, is completeley free to use and test. I do not demand any payment or any other material form of recompense.
My program is done as Freeware and may be used by anyone.
However it may be not used or included by any person or company in a shareware product or which demands paying.
- Version 1.0: 2009-02-06 (first version)
- Version 2.0: 2009-02-07 added USB Host Mouse support for generic USB mouse. Only left-click and right-click support included, scroll-mouses are reduced to simple left and right click mouses.)
- Version 3.0: USB-to-Serial Port support added. V3 includes all previous versions, no need for uninstall. V3 does automatically soft-reset, which was not the case for v1 or v2.
- Version 4.0: PTP digital camera support added. V4 includes all previous versions, no need for uninstall.
- Version 5.0: added compatibility with older devices WM2003, as well as for WM Smartphones.
- Version 6.0: improved USB-to-Serial Port driver and added a second RS232 USB Serial Driver more suited for serial GPS units.
- Version 6.0a: modified installer, no longer forced reboot after full install, due to conflict with TouchFlo, SBSH iLauncher which caused a repeated reboot. You should manually restart your device after complete install.
- Version 2011 build 1.0: upon many requests, added compatibility with WM6.5, WM6.5.3 and experimental for WM2003.
- Version 2012 build 2012-05-12 major upgrades:
1. added support for OBD-II devices based on ELM327 (serial port and direct USB communication) for vehicle diagnosis
2. repack and redesign of all modules, one cab only for all drivers.
- Version 2013.2 build 2013-02-24 major upgrade:
1. added support for a large number of Wireless/Infra-Red/Bluetooth/USB mini-printers: Citizen, Seiko, Symbol, Brother, Epson, Zebra, O´Neil, Monarch, etc
2. added suppport for Windows CE devices
- Version 2013.3 build 2013-03-16: upon request from batvalio from Bulgaria, I added support for older devices with PPC2002