I thought I'd do ONE tutorial to guide you on how to get Ubuntu Touch running on your HTC Desire. I will NOT offer any help other than this.
THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH KNOWLEDGE IN LINUX.
* I am stuck at step 8 I don't understand, pliz can u help mi????
* WHY U MAD??
I'm not. I warned you that this was only for advanced users.
But first, the requirements;
- >= 1 GB ext4 partition on your SD-card. (make sure it's the 2nd partition, ie mmcblk0p2).
- SD-card reader on your computer.
- Linux on your computer.
- Ubuntu FS - (quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip).
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
So here's the guide.
1. Download the Ubuntu FS & Desire image (you can get the desire image here).
2. Backup your phone.
3. Wipe everything (Wipe data/factory reset + dalvik cache, and your ext4 partition).
4. Turn off your phone, insert the SD-card into your computer.
5. Transfer the Desire Images to your SD-card (Like you would do if you'd flash it normally).
6. Open a terminal, Unzip the Ubuntu FS.
7. Run the following command; sudo tar --numeric-owner -axf manhattan-quantal-armhf-tar-20130221-1.tar.gz
8. Run the following command; sudo rsync -aP binary/casper/filesystem.dir/ /INSERTPATHTOSDCARD/ubuntu/
9. Safely eject the SD-card and insert it into your phone.
10. Boot into recovery.
11. Flash the desire images (the .zip with Evervolv in it).
12. Boot up
14. Change the values in /usr/bin/ubuntu-session (Look for export GRID_UNIT_PX = 18 and change it to 12)
I take NO responsibility in bricked phones, bricked SD-cards, loss of data.. You get the point).