Thread by TomTcom with instructions on how to build: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326453 <- Same way I do it, so have at ye!
Remember this is still in Alpha on the ubuntu end, and our end too, but is still getting better, well at least ours is.
New pretty picture attached by Oeio
- First download the latest image (below).
- Then download quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip from here
- Place both of these files in a place where you can flash them from recovery
- Wipe data
- Then flash the ubuntu-touch-tf101.zip, and then quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip. IN THAT ORDER
- Reboot and you should be good to go, make sure to clear cache.....
- After reboot follow the instructions in post 3 to fix the resolution, and then reboot again.
Generic Ubuntu Stuff - quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
Current (0.9): here
Fresh new Saucy Salamander build : http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-tou...alled/current/
here 2nd Mirror here
Battery meter - charge and discharge work, along with charge via dock
Dock Keyboard - no function keys yet.
Not quite sure:
Some font problems.
http://localhostr.com/files/5hQQLuq/WP_000077.jpg <- Proof of Working WiFi
Thanks *Detection* for the screenshots and video (and onkelbebu)
- The Ubuntu Touch system is currently in developer-preview state, just to give you an idea of how incomplete this is.
- My build sources may be broken; either get along with it or wait for me to fix it.
- No longer am I the sole developer, we now have onkelbebu on board pushing changes and updating.
My modified device tree is here:
Now using this kernel
Sources for Ubuntu are at:
onkelbebu, for his help with getting wifi working, and everything else.
RaymanFX, Timduru and others for the kernel and device tree.
*Detection* for being an awesome first tester.
and of course, Canonical :P
Don't forget the Thanks button