[ROOT] [TOOL] Easy Ace Root Tool

Search This thread

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
WARNING!!

THIS WORKS ON STOCK DEVICES ONLY.

Disclaimer (borrowed from Cyanogemod): Use this tool at your own discretion. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this tool before running it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot./

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE AND YOU WILL LOSE DATA

Introduction

Now the Hack Kit is gone for good, S-OFF is not an easy task to achieve. However, root access can be gained unlocking the bootloader with HTCDEV tool.

If you are skilled enough, then you can gain S-OFF by following this: http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=411

This tool WILL NOT S-OFF, get superCID or unlocksim your device but help you to unlock the bootloader, flash CWM recovery and flash SU to get root privileges .

Instructions

1. Disable your Antivirus or any other protection software in your PC
  2. Uninstall HTC Sync
  3. Download the EasyAceRootTool
  4. Extract the zip file
  5. Install the Drivers in the tools\windrivers folder WITH THE PHONE UNPLUGGED!!
  6. Plug the phone and let the drivers install properly
  7. Run the EasyAceRoot.cmd as Admin
  8. Follow instructions on screen
  9. Enjoy!!

IF YOUR BUILD VERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED TO UPDATE THEN:

1. Create a goldcard using this tool: http://d-h.st/VMw, once you have the .img file patch it using the SimpleGoldCard Tool included in the tools folder. (you need a working phone for this)
  2. Find a RUU which main version is supported and higher than yours and flash it in the PD98IMG.zip way, that is what is the goldcard for. If you have a .exe RUU, then extract the rom.zip file using this method: http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-tv-2/how-to-take-apart-an-ruu-xdatv/
  3. Re run the tool and you will be able to update the hboot and unlock it

Downloads

Script Convention name is EasyAceRootTool_ddmmyyy

EasyAceRootTool_21112013: http://d-h.st/8fc
MD5sum: 601e2674123ebd4210c7882555f02237

Changelog

EasyAceRootTool_21112013 - Fixed my rectal cranial stupidity
EasyAceRootTool_18082013 - Included the Goldcard IMG creation in the script
EasyAceRootTool_18032013 - Final Edition. Fixed some typos and enhance performance
EasyAceRootTool_07032013 - Fixed typo in the script. Added SU flashing in CWM for those with issues to gain perm root.
EasyAceRootTool_02032013 - Fixed the perm root code in the script.
EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v2 - Added funcionality for unlocking bootloader or flashing CWM only.
EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v1 - Fixed bugs and typos in the script. Added CWM Touch recovery (rectal-cranial inversion is BACK!!).
EasyAceRootTool_28022013 - Initial release.

If you have issues or get stuck find support here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=AceRoot

Last edited:

yumm91

Jan 6, 2013
Does this tool incorporate your "HTC_Easy_Unlock_Bootloader_Tool?

cheers

That tools only to unlock bootloader. This tools will automates the process of unlocking bootloader, installing custom recovery, and flashing su binary to gain root. In other words, your stock rom will be rooted when you finish running this tool.

Glevitan please add if I am missing something...:D

Reactions: heywheelie

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
I was able to get this to work which was nice however it wont write a recovery image to my phone. I'll have to play around with that later. I tried several cwm with no luck and even a few versions of twrp. Also no luck. Very strange.

sent from my 1920 overclocked note 2 running jedi xp11

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
That tools only to unlock bootloader. This tools will automates the process of unlocking bootloader, installing custom recovery, and flashing su binary to gain root. In other words, your stock rom will be rooted when you finish running this tool.

Yeah, that is correct. It is just a a full version of the other. This is just for DHD/I4G because of the CWM recovery....

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
I was able to get this to work which was nice however it wont write a recovery image to my phone. I'll have to play around with that later. I tried several cwm with no luck and even a few versions of twrp. Also no luck. Very strange.

umm...weird, Do you still have the session? I would like to see what is going wrong to fix it. Thanks for the feedback. :good:

EDIT: I found the mistake...I have brain farts...fixing it right now

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com

Actually this was the base for this, but then added the CWM linea and the SU, Busybox flashing.

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Assuming the link in your original post has the update? Im not at home right now so thats why i ask

Yes, the link in the OP has the update. But you will have to download the zip again to get it...I will add extra functionality to the script later today, such as flash CWM only as is your case.

Thanks

Negan

It doesnt look overly complicated at first glance. I'll have to take a closer kook when I get home

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I just thought of something. Now keep in mind i havent used htc products for a while and haveny been keeping up on them but on my old evo 3d I just flashed 4ext and didnt have to worry about s-off. On my wifes evo 3d I did the wire trick
Does the same apply to dhd in regards to 4ext? As it woukd be quicker by far

Negan

I could probably test it as I no longer use it so worst case scenario it full bricks I wouldnt lose sleep over it....well maybe a little! I still have my evo 3d to tinker with and I coukd confiscate my wife's dhd if I needed to as she does t use it either

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING!!

THIS WORKS ON STOCK DEVICES ONLY.

Disclaimer (borrowed from Cyanogemod): Use this tool at your own discretion. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this tool before running it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot./

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE AND YOU WILL LOSE DATA

Introduction

Now the Hack Kit is gone for good, S-OFF is not an easy task to achieve. However, root access can be gained unlocking the bootloader with HTCDEV tool.

If you are skilled enough, then you can gain S-OFF by following this: http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=411

This tool WILL NOT S-OFF, get superCID or unlocksim your device but help you to unlock the bootloader, flash CWM recovery and flash SU to get root privileges .

Instructions

1. Disable your Antivirus or any other protection software in your PC
    2. Uninstall HTC Sync
    3. Download the EasyAceRootTool
    4. Extract the zip file
    5. Install the Drivers in the tools\windrivers folder WITH THE PHONE UNPLUGGED!!
    6. Plug the phone and let the drivers install properly
    7. Run the EasyAceRoot.cmd as Admin
    8. Follow instructions on screen
    9. Enjoy!!

IF YOUR BUILD VERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED TO UPDATE THEN:

1. Create a goldcard using this tool: http://d-h.st/VMw, once you have the .img file patch it using the SimpleGoldCard Tool included in the tools folder. (you need a working phone for this)
    2. Find a RUU which main version is supported and higher than yours and flash it in the PD98IMG.zip way, that is what is the goldcard for. If you have a .exe RUU, then extract the rom.zip file using this method: http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-tv-2/how-to-take-apart-an-ruu-xdatv/
    3. Re run the tool and you will be able to update the hboot and unlock it

Downloads

Script Convention name is EasyAceRootTool_ddmmyyy

EasyAceRootTool_21112013: http://d-h.st/8fc
    MD5sum: 601e2674123ebd4210c7882555f02237

Changelog

EasyAceRootTool_21112013 - Fixed my rectal cranial stupidity
    EasyAceRootTool_18082013 - Included the Goldcard IMG creation in the script
    EasyAceRootTool_18032013 - Final Edition. Fixed some typos and enhance performance
    EasyAceRootTool_07032013 - Fixed typo in the script. Added SU flashing in CWM for those with issues to gain perm root.
    EasyAceRootTool_02032013 - Fixed the perm root code in the script.
    EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v2 - Added funcionality for unlocking bootloader or flashing CWM only.
    EasyAceRootTool_28022013_v1 - Fixed bugs and typos in the script. Added CWM Touch recovery (rectal-cranial inversion is BACK!!).
    EasyAceRootTool_28022013 - Initial release.

If you have issues or get stuck find support here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=AceRoot

umm...weird, Do you still have the session? I would like to see what is going wrong to fix it. Thanks for the feedback. :good:

EDIT: I found the mistake...I have brain farts...fixing it right now
    Would it be possible to run this tool on a stock DHD with android 2.3.5 to give me root and CWN recovery. Would I then be able to flash a stock Froyo 2.2 ROM? Would I then be able to use the old visionary+ tool to give me root + S-OFF?

Sort of trying to go backwards in time pre hack kit.

cheers

You can use this tool to unlock and root. It doesn't matter what tool you use to root, you can never go back to froyo once you bootloader has been updated or you will get jammed with a messed bootloader.
    After i unlock the bootloader, i flash the recovery, but now when i reboot, i can't boot on the rom -_-

I can access to the bootloader and the recovery.
    I try to wipe factory/data and install a custom rom but it doesn't work.

someone can help me ?
    my hboot is 2.00.0029 and recovery 5.8.1.5
    In the bootloader, i have S-ON and "unlocked"

You need to flash the custom rom boot.img in fastboot after flashing the rom.
    So this will not require stock DHD with android GB to downgrade in order to get root access?

First Line in the warning...this Is just for stock devices. Will only work in gb because froyo will not allow to unlock the bootloader....