How to reuse screen protectors (glass ones too!)

Search This thread

Souai

Jun 28, 2011
Adelaide
Heya guys,

I recently bought a clarivue glass screen protector for my note 2. screwed up the lining up the first time, then when i tried to reapply it, i messed it up because there was too much dust underneath.

I thought to my self 'man, theres too much dust for a little piece of scotch tape to remove'

then i thought to myself 'what if i use two big fat pieces of scotch tape and tape the complete underside (the sticky side) of the screen protector to remove all the dust at once, and then peel off and reapply?'

guess what? it works. I used two of the widest scotch tape i could get, and taped the complete underside of the screen protector. then peeled it off as if it were the protective layer for the screen protector. got a perfect application after doing this, no dust underneath at all!!!

So, for all you guys who payed $20-50 for expensive screen protectors and dont want to throw them away, this will save you heartache and money.

Last edited:

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
OMG, I was literally just thinking about how to fix my screen protector mishap (dust underneath)! Thanks for the idea, probably try it out tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Best way to remove dust is using a lint roller. Use it on your phone's screen prior to applying any screen protector. You can also remove dust from the sticky side of the protector

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DaBountyHunter

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
Thanks guys! It's so funny you mentioned this as I also bought a clarivue glass screen protector and have the same issue! The sticky side attracts so much dust even if you think you're in a dust free environment! I was thinking about washing mine but I think I will give this a go tonight as I have one screen bubble that's annoying me!

Also when you say scotch tape do you mean the brown parcel packing tape or the semi-transparent magic tape one?

Last edited:

Souai

Jun 28, 2011
Adelaide
Thanks guys! It's so funny you mentioned this as I also bought a clarivue glass screen protector and have the same issue! The sticky side attracts so much dust even if you think you're in a dust free environment! I was thinking about washing mine but I think I will give this a go tonight as I have one screen bubble that's annoying me!

Also when you say scotch tape do you mean the brown parcel packing tape or the semi-transparent magic tape one?

i used the transparent one.

although if your tape is thick, theres a chance that there might be a line of dust where the tape overlaps. if you're worried about that, go to your local newsagent and buy a roll of contact (the stuff you use to laminate/cover books). that stuff costs 50c for about a square metre or so, and you can cut a piece that is big enough to cover your entire screen protector.

this stuff is magical!!!!!

Reactions: DaBountyHunter

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London

although if your tape is thick, theres a chance that there might be a line of dust where the tape overlaps. if you're worried about that, go to your local newsagent and buy a roll of contact (the stuff you use to laminate/cover books). that stuff costs 50c for about a square metre or so, and you can cut a piece that is big enough to cover your entire screen protector.

Good idea I'll see if I can pick some up from my local post office this lunch time.

majorbgss

Nov 4, 2012
Any technique of how to apply glass screen protector. My sp does not adhere at the edges.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
A technique that I used on my previous phone was to apply the sp in the bath room with the shower running hot. Wait for the room to stream up then start to install the sp. You can wait till someone is using the shower like a girlfriend... Because it would be weird if you did it while your mom, dad, sister or brother was in the shower. :rolleyes: :silly:

majorbgss

Nov 4, 2012
A technique that I used on my previous phone was to apply the sp in the bath room with the shower running hot. Wait for the room to stream up then start to install the sp. You can wait till someone is using the shower like a girlfriend... Because it would be weird if you did it while your mom, dad, sister or brother was in the shower. :rolleyes: :silly:

Ive known this technique since the first PSP came out(its not even necessary anymore nowadays). Im talking about the glass screen protector not sticking at the edges.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Ive known this technique since the first PSP came out(its not even necessary anymore nowadays). Im talking about the glass screen protector not sticking at the edges.

Its not going to stick all the way to the edges since the glass on the note 2 is beveled around the edge(has a slight downward curve) so the screen protector can't make contact

I like to break stuff! :D

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
I used the shower steam method last night and it helped a great deal! managed to get a perfect install and got rid of 99% of those pesky bubbles. Just waiting for it to adhere through the 48hours on the edges. Importantly I don't have any on the screen. Can't even tell there's a protector on with this. Also thumbs up for the tape idea. I used two large strips of brown parcel tape as was able to clean up my protector like new before reapplying! :laugh:

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
Hehe, you're welcome. its a good screen protector, and for the price we payed, we shouldnt need to buy another one!

Damn right! The only thing that annoys me is trying to lift it up again to realign I think my nails are making the adhesive raise up so I need to push it down otherwise the edge won't sit properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heya guys,

I recently bought a clarivue glass screen protector for my note 2. screwed up the lining up the first time, then when i tried to reapply it, i messed it up because there was too much dust underneath.

I thought to my self 'man, theres too much dust for a little piece of scotch tape to remove'

then i thought to myself 'what if i use two big fat pieces of scotch tape and tape the complete underside (the sticky side) of the screen protector to remove all the dust at once, and then peel off and reapply?'

guess what? it works. I used two of the widest scotch tape i could get, and taped the complete underside of the screen protector. then peeled it off as if it were the protective layer for the screen protector. got a perfect application after doing this, no dust underneath at all!!!

So, for all you guys who payed $20-50 for expensive screen protectors and dont want to throw them away, this will save you heartache and money.
    Best way to remove dust is using a lint roller. Use it on your phone's screen prior to applying any screen protector. You can also remove dust from the sticky side of the protector

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Hehe, you're welcome. its a good screen protector, and for the price we payed, we shouldnt need to buy another one!