I've got Ubuntu Touch running on my Xoom, not perfectly. I have an LTE Xoom, but I'm building as if it is Wifi Only (I no longer have service on LTE).
- Font rendering in some places is unreadable.
- Display settings have to be manually tweaked in /usr/bin/ubuntu-session to set GRID_UNIT_PX=10
- Have not tested sound at all
- Camera doesn't seem to work
- Haven't tested GPS
- reboot in recovery
- install base Xoom (Wingray) Image: cm-10.1-20130228-UNOFFICIAL-wingray.zip md5: b1391ff076e67f68f89606c2ae349986
- install the Ubuntu 12.10 Touch Preview, daily build quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip*
- use ubuntu_chroot to edit /usr/bin/ubuntu-session and set GRID_UNIT_PX=10
- I'm able to connect to my wifi and use the internet via an adb (ubuntu_chroot shell), but apps including the browser used from the device don't seem to have connectivity.
*This download is a daily snapshot, the latest version may or may not work, I've only tested using the version from 20130228.