I thought I'd do ONE tutorial to guide you on how to get Ubuntu Touch running on your HTC Sensation. I will NOT offer any help other than this.
THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH KNOWLEDGE IN LINUX.
* I am stuck at step 8 I don't understand, pliz can u help mi????
* WHY U MAD??
I'm not. I warned you that this was only for advanced users.
But first, the requirements;
- >= 1.5 GB ext4 partition on your SD-card. (make sure it's the 2nd partition, ie mmcblk1p2).
- SD-card reader on your computer.
- Linux on your computer.
- Ubuntu FS - (quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip).
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
So here's the guide.
1. Download the Ubuntu FS & Pyramid image (you can get the pyramid image here).
2. Backup your phone.
3. Wipe everything (Wipe data/factory reset + dalvik cache, and your ext4 partition).
4. Turn off your phone, insert the SD-card into your computer.
5. Transfer the Pyramid Image to your SD-card (Like you would do if you'd flash it normally).
6. Open a terminal, Unzip the Ubuntu FS.
7. Run the following command; sudo tar --numeric-owner -axf manhattan-quantal-armhf-tar-20130221-1.tar.gz
8. Run the following command; sudo rsync -aP binary/casper/filesystem.dir/ /INSERTPATHTOSDCARD/ubuntu/
9. Safely eject the SD-card and insert it into your phone.
10. Boot into recovery.
11. Flash the pyramid images (the .zip with Evervolv in it). With CMW or whatever.
12. Boot up
14. Change the values in /usr/bin/ubuntu-session (Look for export GRID_UNIT_PX = 18 and change it to 12)
I take NO responsibility in bricked phones, bricked SD-cards, loss of data.. You get the point).