• Reboot (regular reboot)
  • Recovery (reboot to recovery)
How it looks:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_4.jpg
Views:	2816
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1771295

Installation: Backup your original framework.jar. Put modified framework.jar to /system/framework.

NOTE: Modification for the firmware 1.2.1 is not tested, so feedbacks are appreciated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to antsm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antsm Ad-Free

2nd March 2013, 03:42 PM |#2  
Flag Warszaw
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Odp: [MOD] Extended power menu
Is it compatible with Nook Touch Mod Manager?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I5700 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
2nd March 2013, 05:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Siberia
Thanks Meter: 434

Donate to Me
More
domi.nos,
Yes, it does. In fact, it doesn't make any affect on NTMM since these mods touches a different jar files.
2nd March 2013, 08:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Is it incompatible with Google Market (e.g. does it bundle the TelephonyManager patches to get the market working)?
29th December 2013, 07:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
antsm
Can you make a specific button to launch ProxySelector (by command am start -n com.android.settings/.ProxySelector) ?
20th May 2014, 02:22 AM |#6  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 88

More
tried with 1.2.1 and 1.1.2, they both working good. thanks^^
NOOK!E
14th August 2014, 03:21 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I really like the reboot feature, but for me, the recovery feature is just too risky. For example, what if I want to reboot but accidentally hit Recovery instead? Boom, Nook is gone.

Is there an easy way to create an alternate version without recovery? And if so, would you make it for me?

EDIT - Just found a great workaround!

If you follow the instructions here for installing the ClockworkMod recovery on the NST/NSTG (not just booting from SD card), then hitting "Recovery" won't insta-wipe your data - instead, it will do what it should do, which is boot into ClockworkMod recovery!
23rd August 2014, 06:13 AM |#8  
Flag Metairie
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Awesome! The only thing I think would make it more awesome is to add a screenshot button like on CM7. I currently use DroCap, but it would be nice to have something integrated into the system?
3rd December 2014, 11:36 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

I really like the reboot feature, but for me, the recovery feature is just too risky. For example, what if I want to reboot but accidentally hit Recovery instead? Boom, Nook is gone.

Is there an easy way to create an alternate version without recovery? And if so, would you make it for me?

EDIT - Just found a great workaround!

If you follow the instructions here for installing the ClockworkMod recovery on the NST/NSTG (not just booting from SD card), then hitting "Recovery" won't insta-wipe your data - instead, it will do what it should do, which is boot into ClockworkMod recovery!

i wish i had known this a few months ago.. i wouldn't have trashed my nook

i couldn't even post a beware for others, as i didn't have enough post count here

so i put it up on my blog http://nixventure.blogspot.com/2014/...ower-menu.html

Quote:

as i couldn't reply to this thread in the xda dev forum, i am posting this here and hoping this might be useful to the developer and/or any users.

as the developer says, i found additional buttons for "Reboot" and "Recovery". i wanted to test the "Recovery" button, hoping to end up in the recovery mode. but the recovery button rebooted my nook, wiped data, performed a factory reset, and restored my original rom instead - all with no warnings or confirmations! so, i have now ended up with a pristine nook, as purchased - all mods lost, including root, etc.

BEWARE!

The Following User Says Thank You to veloo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift veloo Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 06:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Hey Thank you so much.
Its always good to have organic solutions such as this.
After the Lock Screen activation invoked organically
this app should give the same organic feel. I agree with yattaro on the screenshot option.
If that can be added then this utility will be complete.
Now that i have CWM recovery installed to my device, this seems safe to install.
Keep up the good work, cant describe how much value these little tiny things bring to the whole Nook experience.

PS: i can't find renate's temblast reader(i have only her Library app) on her list of uploads, Can somebody upload one for me. want to give it a try.
thanks,
NOOK!E
9th April 2015, 07:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiamuzz

Hey Thank you so much.
Its always good to have organic solutions such as this.
After the Lock Screen activation invoked organically
this app should give the same organic feel. I agree with yattaro on the screenshot option.
If that can be added then this utility will be complete.
Now that i have CWM recovery installed to my device, this seems safe to install.
Keep up the good work, cant describe how much value these little tiny things bring to the whole Nook experience.

PS: i can't find renate's temblast reader(i have only her Library app) on her list of uploads, Can somebody upload one for me. want to give it a try.
thanks,

I totally agree, it's mods like these that really make a difference. Good job, antsm!

Oh, and aiamuzz, here's Renate's Temblast Reader you were asking about.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.temblast.reader.apk - [Click for QR Code] (56.6 KB, 46 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nook extended power menu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)