FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone using A SanDisk64GB microSD Card In Their Fascinate?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By The Thin man, Junior Member on 2nd March 2013, 04:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
A pretty good deal is going on until tomorrow at Radio Shack
:SanDisk® Ultra® 32GB microSDHC™ UHS-I Card $20 + tax or 64GB $44.99+tax B&M radioshack
I cant do links, buit search @ slickdeals for info on the deal
I would like to get the 64GB card if it will work in my Fascinate (jellybean) otherwise I will settle for another 32GB card.
Any experiences with the 64gb cards in Fasinate's?
Thanks

2nd March 2013, 06:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 939

More
yes I have seen a handful of peeps using them, on here, and doesn't look to have any issues,,, i'd say go for it
3rd March 2013, 10:46 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211

yes I have seen a handful of peeps using them, on here, and doesn't look to have any issues,,, i'd say go for it

I bought it, the phone said damaged card, I let the phone format it, it now says 59gb available.
Works perfect!!!
Happy
The Following User Says Thank You to The Thin man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Thin man Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 04:58 AM |#4  
Flag Jakarta

More
hi... so sandisk 64gb UHS-I microsd card works with fascinate on a custom rom... will be any speed difference with the original class 10 microsd cards (non UHS-I) or what do you think about SanDisk Extreme Pro microSD UHS-I 16gb? it's say that it can read up to 95 mbps... will our fascinate be able to use that speed? or it's just some marketing strategy because I read somewhere the sandisk itself claiming that UHS-I are equivalent with class 10...

Im about to upgrade my 8gb class 10 microsd card.... any suggestions...?

tq...
6th August 2013, 04:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 365

More
sorry for bumping a semi-old thread, but i'm using the 16GB class 2 Samsung card that came with the phone. or maybe the one that the guy who gave me it put in idk but it works and it's the biggest card i have. i have 2 8GB cards and a 2GB card too.
6th August 2013, 05:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 939

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

sorry for bumping a semi-old thread, but i'm using the 16GB class 2 Samsung card that came with the phone. or maybe the one that the guy who gave me it put in idk but it works and it's the biggest card i have. i have 2 8GB cards and a 2GB card too.

class 2 do not work well if at all in most all ICS, Jellybean Roms... you need to have at least a class 6, and with pricing these days class 10 8GB or 16GB can be had for cheap
I know you have posted about laggyness on nearly all the roms you tried,,, this is probably a main upgrade you should plan on if you want to get off of stock EH03 verizon goodness
6th August 2013, 06:01 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211

class 2 do not work well if at all in most all ICS, Jellybean Roms... you need to have at least a class 6, and with pricing these days class 10 8GB or 16GB can be had for cheap
I know you have posted about laggyness on nearly all the roms you tried,,, this is probably a main upgrade you should plan on if you want to get off of stock EH03 verizon goodness

well now i know what the problem is
i'm extremely lazy btw, so i think i'm probably gonna stick to a GB ROM.
19th August 2013, 06:58 PM |#8  
Flag Stone County, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlevy

I read somewhere the sandisk itself claiming that UHS-I are equivalent with class 10...

Only because there is no class 12 or 14 etc. UHS-1 cards are considerably faster than the first class10 cards (at least at synchronous read), but the class system considers anything faster to still be class 10, because there is no faster class. Some Sandisk cards return status7 errors when flashing roms to our phones, but it seems to be hit&miss from one card to another.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SupraLance For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SupraLance Ad-Free
20th August 2013, 02:45 AM |#9  
Flag Jakarta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLance

Only because there is no class 12 or 14 etc. UHS-1 cards are considerably faster than the first class10 cards (at least at synchronous read), but the class system considers anything faster to still be class 10, because there is no faster class. Some Sandisk cards return status7 errors when flashing roms to our phones, but it seems to be hit&miss from one card to another.

yep.. 100% agree... prior to my posting sometime ago, i decided to try 32 sandisk UHS-1 card... it's faster than my class 10 transcend but seems only a very little bit... wouldn't waste my money for the extreme pro UHS-1...
The Following User Says Thank You to pahlevy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pahlevy Ad-Free
16th April 2017, 04:38 PM |#10  
Flag Hot Springs, AR
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I just put my 64gig SanDisk Extreme Plus UHS-3 in it and it's reading it fine... On stock 2.3.5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170416_103119.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	4114565  
17th April 2017, 10:26 AM |#11  
Flag Hot Springs, AR
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLance

Man, thanks for this comment. I cant seem to get any rom to flash without error on a PNY class 10 64gig. In have a SanDisk class10 64 and that SanDisk UHS-3 64 I can try, but what if I were to format the card with my phone I wonder....would it work then? Guess I'll try it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)