FORUMS

[RECOVERY] Rooting HTC One | ClockworkMod Recovery 0.5 [09.03.2013]

38,830 posts
Thanks Meter: 77,181

Post Reply Email Thread

Recovery
Download

Version 0.5
- Fixed ramdisk address (Thanks to Flyhalf205)

Issues:
- None found yet

How to flash:
- unlock your bootloader via htcdev site
- rename the file to "recovery.img"
- go to bootloader ---> fastboot
- type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

More recoveries:
CWM by Flyhalf205
TWRP by Flyhalf205

Rooting Tools
Download

How to flash:
- from inside recovery

You flash it all at your own risk!
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to mike1986. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mike1986. Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 03:30 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 8,029

Donate to Me
More
YAY! Not to criticize. But building HTC recoveries with builders.clockworkmod usually doesn't work well.
1.) The font is going to be extremely tiny. Going to be using like size 12 on a 23 size screen
2.) The sdcard path in the recovery.fstab is wrong.
3.) It is missing about 4 files in the sbin folder. Famous file is offmode_charging.

But congrats man on starting it.

If you want to break mine down and look inside at the init script/recovery.fstab and compare. The one I built last week at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=24
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flyhalf205 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flyhalf205 Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 04:20 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyhalf205

YAY! Not to criticize. But building HTC recoveries with builders.clockworkmod usually doesn't work well.
1.) The font is going to be extremely tiny. Going to be using like size 12 on a 23 size screen
2.) The sdcard path in the recovery.fstab is wrong.
3.) It is missing about 4 files in the sbin folder. Famous file is offmode_charging.

But congrats man on starting it.

If you want to break mine down and look inside at the init script/recovery.fstab and compare. The one I built last week at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=24

I just wanted to post some basic stuff so that someone with HTC One can root his device and f.g. use dd to dump boot and system partition for us. I have no doubts that much better recoveries will come soon. It's just something to begin with.

Anyway, thanks for your tips! HTC One X+ also had wrong sdcard path as far as I remember.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mike1986. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mike1986. Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 04:36 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 8,029

Donate to Me
More
For anyone who does get the mounts list or partition sizes. Fix and send me a pull request so we can get official CWM. https://github.com/Flyhalf205/android_device_htc_m7
2nd March 2013, 04:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 21,661

Donate to Me
More
Yeah one click build tool was never fine, use CM source
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift torxx Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 04:38 PM |#6  
Flag Wuppertal
Thanks Meter: 252

More
AW: [RECOVERY] Rooting HTC One | ClockworkMod Recovery 0.1 [02.03.2013]
Nice starting mike
Will it be possible to get soff with the new one or do we have still be son? Further do you guys think that it is possible to open bootloader without HTC dev so that you can have your guarantee further?
2nd March 2013, 04:59 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpi1

Nice starting mike
Will it be possible to get soff with the new one or do we have still be son? Further do you guys think that it is possible to open bootloader without HTC dev so that you can have your guarantee further?

You're not loosing your warranty with HTCdev.com
2nd March 2013, 07:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986.

You're not loosing your warranty with HTCdev.com

Sorry to spam the second thread again - but REALLY? i lost mine while unlocking my sensation.
2nd March 2013, 07:52 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1887

Sorry to spam the second thread again - but REALLY? i lost mine while unlocking my sensation.

Is there anywhere stated that you loose your warranty? Nope. All is written there is:

Quote:

It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty.

Which means, that if you brick your device while flashing custom ROM, which unlocked bootloader allows you, you may have no warranty claim for that.

If you read carefully it you can conclude 2 important things:

1) If "not all claims" may be covered under warranty, then (logic conversion) some claims may be still covered under warranty.
2) Even if you can't claim something under warranty because of unlocked bootlader, that doesn't mean you lost your warranty. You still have your warranty and you still can have claims under warranty, but this warranty wont cover those claims caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader.

I hope that explains things
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mike1986. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mike1986. Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 08:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you - it does.

I'm full of anticipation about first flashing Roms etc.
2nd March 2013, 09:08 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1887

Thank you - it does.

I'm full of anticipation about first flashing Roms etc.

You inspired me to write new article on my blog, so shortly you'll be able to read there more!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)