FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Odblokujte si MDA i Dataphone svépomocí!

1,129 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By Peter Poelman, Retired Administrator on 23rd January 2003, 12:59 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I must say I was rather surprised when I looked at the webstats just now. Over the course of yesterday, it looked like 1000 people from Czechosolavkia have visited xda-developers.com. We normally get around 1000 visitors a day now, so that made 2000 for yesterday. (No worries: we're well-hosted).

As it turns out, they inline the Manipulator screenshot image on their pages, so not all of these people really dropped by. If possible, I would like one of our czech readers to give us an idea of what is said on:

http://www.mobilmania.cz/Mobilnitele...04106&CAI=2111

No word-for-word translation, but more the gist of what's being said in article and reactions.
24th January 2003, 09:35 AM |#2  
Flag Prague, CZ
Thanks Meter: 19

More
In a loose translation, the head said something like
"Unlock the XDA for yourself"
and it linked to your site saying there is a possibility of unlocking the XDA/MDA yourself
Hope the method is not too dangerous, there are many freaks in Prague now, making their own serial cable (all have been sold out yesterday) and unlocking those machines.
Hope it was helpful
Zviratko
24th January 2003, 09:44 AM |#3  
OP Retired Administrator
Amsterdam

More
Thank you for the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zviratko

Hope the method is not too dangerous, there are many freaks in Prague now, making their own serial cable (all have been sold out yesterday) and unlocking those machines.

Nah, the unlocking is completely without risk, and we trust the counter reset and the IMEI change as well. We've only had one report of a phone losing it's IMEI (and reverting to the backup IMEI of zeroes for the six last positions).
24th January 2003, 11:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ok then sad i didn't get one as well
btw. we are NOT Czechoslovakia, not for over 11 years now .cz is Czech republic and .sk is Slovakia
24th January 2003, 06:56 PM |#5  
OP Retired Administrator
Amsterdam

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous

btw. we are NOT Czechoslovakia, not for over 11 years now .cz is Czech republic and .sk is Slovakia

Whoops. Excuse me. Somehow I always step on people's toes with this stuff. So Czech is a kind of Russian, isn't it? 8)

(I'll lock this topic. I was kidding. Really I was. No need to discuss your national issues and traumas here.)
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread