I repeat it is not ready for use of any kind and probably will not be ready in the future for daily use.........
Also I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone if you choose to install this...... it was your choice no one forced you....
Curious as to how the Ubuntu Touch Preview looks? Why not load it on your Defy and see for yourself.
1. Backup your current Rom. This preview is fun to play with and that is it.
2. Download the Defy Mini-Android base for Ubuntu Touch and place it on your device:
3. Download the Touch Preview Filesystem .zip and place it on your device:
or for newer versions read here
4. Wipe all (data/cache, dalvik cache)
5. Install the quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip FIRST, and then the phablet-20130303-cm_mb526.zip SECOND.
6. Reboot and Enjoy
7a. To switch off your phone remove the battery manually
7b. To return back to android reboot back into recovery and reinstall or restore your rom.
8. If your rom is not booting it could be due to the ext 4 format of /data so go into stock recovery and wipe all (data/cache, dalvik cache), reboot, reinstall.
- Touch screen
- ADB http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=6 Thanks to walter79
WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
There's so much that is still being implemented into the Touch version of Ubuntu, that this list could get pretty long.
- Everything else like below......
- Barely any sensors other than touchscreen work. IE: no rotation, etc. Ubuntu WIP issue.
- No Wifi/Data 3.0 Kernel/Ubuntu WIP Issue
- No screen timeout / auto blank -- be careful when walking away from the device. Need to press the power button to turn the screen off. Ubuntu WIP issue.
- Probably I lot more...
RELATED UBUNTU TOUCH LINKS:
Ubuntu Touch Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/
Release Notes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/ReleaseNotes
IRC Channel on freenode.net: #ubuntu-touch[/QUOTE]
Screenshots and Videos - Google/Youtube them ^_^..... They will pretty much be the same thing has most stuff in the Ubuntu touch preview are just place holders.....
Most stuff in the rom are place holders so if some apps are not working then it's a placeholder.....
Please do not plague this thread with bugs because I will not be working on this any further as I don't have the dev skills needed also I have no time. If anyone that knows what they are doing what's to continue I will be happy to upload my instructions on how I got it to work..... Just send me a PM....
Credit and Thanks :
Without these guys this will not be possible....
Quarx - As always for making our awesome 3.0 kernel, device tree etc..... Thank you so much for you work on our defy.
Hashcode - For the OP and his work on Ubuntu Touch
Dhacker29 - For his work on Ubuntu Touch
Really big thanks to the STS-Team ( Dhacker29 and Hashcode) as without them I would not know some the changes that where needed for this to work.... The kernel patches and build setup where a big help.....