ShareKM - Share Keyboard and Mouse

356 posts
Thanks Meter: 185

By r00t4rd3d, Senior Member on 5th March 2013, 02:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2014, 12:44 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'm now experiencing an odd issue - I fired up the tablet and did my usual connection setup, but now my tablet is giving me a message "ShareKM beta 1 expired. Do you want to update?"

If I click on "No, not now" the app cycles on and off a few times then crashes. If I click on "Yes, I will" I get taken to the Google Play link for the app with the option to Uninstall or Open.

I even uninstalled and re installed with no luck. Has anyone else had this issue and found a way around it?
31st March 2014, 01:21 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitchVA

I'm now experiencing an odd issue - I fired up the tablet and did my usual connection setup, but now my tablet is giving me a message "ShareKM beta 1 expired. Do you want to update?"

If I click on "No, not now" the app cycles on and off a few times then crashes. If I click on "Yes, I will" I get taken to the Google Play link for the app with the option to Uninstall or Open.

I even uninstalled and re installed with no luck. Has anyone else had this issue and found a way around it?

I have the same problem...
I unistall and install 2 times, but the same message "ShareKM beta 1 expired. Do you want to update?"
31st March 2014, 02:42 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffersonLeal

I have the same problem...
I unistall and install 2 times, but the same message "ShareKM beta 1 expired. Do you want to update?"

Earlier, I tried it on my Tab 2, now I just tried it on my Note 2, and same results.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Until a better workaround if found, you can do this to make it work:
  1. Make sure Android device is unplugged from PC and the ShareKM app is killed on the Android device. (if you don't do this, the app will continue to cycle the update beta message)
  2. Go into your android device settings and manually set the date to 03/30/2014.
  3. Do the normal steps to connect (for me, it's fire off the ADB commands, start the PC Share KM application, and connect the PC to the Android device via USB)
  4. Once connected via ShareKVM, you can go into your system settings and set the date to auto detect.
manually set the time to 3/30/2014, start the app, make the PC to Android connection, then reset the date to the correct date (or set it to autoset) and it'll work.

Note: You'll have to repeat these steps every time to disconnect/reconnect your device. I use this to connect my tablet to my laptop at work so I only have to connect once a day so it's not too big of a deal - just a little annoying. But it works...for now.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FitchVA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FitchVA Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 05:02 PM |#94  
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I am so sad that I can't use this anymore

I plug and unplug my phone from my computer lots throughout the day so using the time change trick will just take up too much of my time.

Lets start searching for a replacement app. Anyone have something better? I don't care if it costs $50
31st March 2014, 05:49 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdefender

I am so sad that I can't use this anymore

I plug and unplug my phone from my computer lots throughout the day so using the time change trick will just take up too much of my time.

Lets start searching for a replacement app. Anyone have something better? I don't care if it costs $50

Same situation here.

For a while now, the mouse cursor was not visible on the device .. but atleast I was able to use my keyboard commands.

Any replacement suggestions?

(Oh, my phone is not rooted and I would prefer not to since that would lose my access to my corporate email on the device .. I liked the USB connection option)
31st March 2014, 07:02 PM |#96  

More
Quote:

Earlier, I tried it on my Tab 2, now I just tried it on my Note 2, and same results.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

1. Make sure Android device is unplugged from PC and the ShareKM app is killed on the Android device. (if you don't do this, the app will continue to cycle the update beta message)
  2. Go into your android device settings and manually set the date to 03/30/2014.
  3. Do the normal steps to connect (for me, it's fire off the ADB commands, start the PC Share KM application, and connect the PC to the Android device via USB)
  4. Once connected via ShareKVM, you can go into your system settings and set the date to auto detect.
manually set the time to 3/30/2014, start the app, make the PC to Android connection, then reset the date to the correct date (or set it to autoset) and it'll work.

Note: You'll have to repeat these steps every time to disconnect/reconnect your device. I use this to connect my tablet to my laptop at work so I only have to connect once a day so it's not too big of a deal - just a little annoying. But it works...for now.

thanks for this solution, it works

and i also will use model from xposed named "per app hack" to make sure the time will be same for this app , i didn't know if it would work but no harm in trying

i will do it now and see what happen tomorrow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to os_shaheen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift os_shaheen Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 07:09 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

Saw This morning and my Sharekm is doing the same thing, I tried Clearing Cache\Dalvik, With no Luck, If the Dev Has Abandoned this software then we should be able to find were the file might be that controls the Expiration, I was gonna drop this and try SideSync, but I'm On A Custom Kernel Stock rom so Samsung Apps Wont install, So I'm pretty Much screwed, I'll try poking around thre Internals and if I find anything I'll post here, And Unfortunately you will probably have to be rooted.......

If I Find a substitute I'll post here also.....
31st March 2014, 07:55 PM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by os_shaheen

thanks for this solution, it works

and i also will use model from xposed named "per app hack" to make sure the time will be same for this app , i didn't know if it would work but no harm in trying

i will do it now and see what happen tomorrow

This worked!!!!!!!
Link: [I cannot post outside links yet; but Google "xposed per app"]

1. Your phone has to be rooted
2. Install the xposed framework
3. Activate the framework and reboot
4. Install the "per-app" module for xposed
5. Activate the module and reboot
6. Open the per-app program, select ShareKM, and set the "Time Machine" to "2014-03-30 12:00"
7. Reboot

Thanks os_shaheen!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to snapcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snapcity Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 07:58 PM |#99  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcity

This worked!!!!!!!
Link: [I cannot post outside links yet; but Google "xposed per app"]

1. Your phone has to be rooted
2. Install the xposed framework
3. Activate the framework and reboot
4. Install the "per-app" module for xposed
5. Activate the module and reboot
6. Open the per-app program, select ShareKM, and set the "Time Machine" to "2014-03-30 12:00"
7. Reboot

Thanks os_shaheen!

Any suggestions for non-rooted phones?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harisund For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harisund Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 08:39 PM |#100  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks!
Quote:

I can confirm this works as well! Nice hack Fitch! I wish there were another way to trick the time function in ShareKM w/out rooting.
The Following User Says Thank You to netjammr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netjammr Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 09:54 PM |#101  
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netjammr

I can confirm this works as well! Nice hack Fitch! I wish there were another way to trick the time function in ShareKM w/out rooting.

Working for me too! Thanks!

For those of you without root. I may have a permanent solution. We can try to de-compile the APK find the date check in the code, remove it and recompile. But for some reason the decompiler I tried online throws an error when I give it the apk. Can anyone else get shareKM to decompile? I can find the date check in the code if I can just get the decompiled files.

Edit: UPDATE

I got the code decompiled. Decompiled code it really hard to follow but I found some of the date check code:

public class fx implements Runnable {
// compiled from: :
final /* synthetic */ ShareKMService a;

public fx(ShareKMService r1_ShareKMService) {
super();
a = r1_ShareKMService;
}

public void run() {
ExitMessageDlg.a(R.styleable.SherlockTheme_actionB arDivider, a, "ShareKM beta 1 expired.\nDo you want to a update?\n", "Information");
}
}

That lead me to this if check in ShareKMService.java

if (LVLAct.a()) {
b.postDelayed(new fx(this), 3000);
}

I think if that check is just commented out and the code recompiled it will fix the problem for those of you who don't have root.

I'll look into it more.

Anyone have experience with recompiling?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vdefender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vdefender Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)