FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unrecoverable bootloader error but not Bricked!

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By doobscoob, Junior Member on 7th March 2013, 05:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2013, 10:43 PM |#11  
Flag Boulder, CO
Thanks Meter: 101

More
No one's figured this out? I tried flashing the blob file and my system won't boot at all
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P05TMAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P05TMAN Ad-Free

3rd August 2013, 03:41 PM |#12  
My solution
I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

Here how i restored my TF300T JB

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

(the folowing i did at least 10 times already but didn't erase misc)

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

* it also took a lot longer as it should:
C:\>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
sending 'system' (800935 KB)...
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]
finished. total time: 288.789s

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

hope i could help you out!

cheers
-Buster
The Following 162 Users Say Thank You to Buster99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Buster99 Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 01:20 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up IT WORKS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster99

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*

Thank you very much. It works beautifully.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigK Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 01:29 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

cheers
-Buster

Now i' m busy because of my Job. But next week i want try your method.
I hope it work for my device!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
4th August 2013, 05:25 AM |#15  
Flag Boulder, CO

More
Quote:

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
-Buster

Did your tablet seem to freeze after flashing via fastboot? When I push blob, the console shows that it wrote, but then fastboot on the tablet freezes & I have to manually reboot, putting me right back to the drawing board.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P05TMAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P05TMAN Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 09:23 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Until now my device freezes. Fastboot seem to work but nothing happens. :banghead:

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
4th August 2013, 11:07 AM |#17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by P05TMAN

Did your tablet seem to freeze after flashing via fastboot? When I push blob, the console shows that it wrote, but then fastboot on the tablet freezes & I have to manually reboot, putting me right back to the drawing board.

nope. do you use the original cable on usb 2.0 and connected to your pc not a usb hub? should work. if not try a diffrent pc - sometimes usb chipsets make problems.
4th August 2013, 04:12 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

nope. do you use the original cable on usb 2.0 and connected to your pc not a usb hub? should work. if not try a diffrent pc - sometimes usb chipsets make problems.

I get invalid argument to all of the erase attempts and the minute I try to push the blob the flashing green icon in fastboot mode on the tablet stops. The command windows says the flash went fine but the tablet is unresponsive and must be reset. Infact any fastboot command that pushed something to the tablet causes it to look up ( indicated by the green flashing RCK icon freezing on whatever phase of green it had at the time)

E:\asus>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system e:\asus\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.975s]
OKAY [134.565s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 2.040s]
finished. total time: 138.583s

I think its time to bin this doorstop and break something new
5th August 2013, 12:30 AM |#19  
Flag Boulder, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fiant

I get invalid argument to all of the erase attempts and the minute I try to push the blob the flashing green icon in fastboot mode on the tablet stops. The command windows says the flash went fine but the tablet is unresponsive and must be reset. Infact any fastboot command that pushed something to the tablet causes it to look up ( indicated by the green flashing RCK icon freezing on whatever phase of green it had at the time)

E:\asus>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system e:\asus\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.975s]
OKAY [134.565s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 2.040s]
finished. total time: 138.583s

I think its time to bin this doorstop and break something new

Mine does this same thing.....think it's done for?

5th August 2013, 03:38 AM |#20  
Flag Boulder, CO

More
Buster99, your instructions saved my device. I missed erasing /misc even though you put it in the directions and my tablet's back! I owe you.
The Following User Says Thank You to P05TMAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P05TMAN Ad-Free
5th August 2013, 12:41 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am having a similar issue
I have install cwm in my TF300 and can not access the sdcard.

I do get this messages in cwm
can't mount /cache/recovery/command
can't mount /cache/recovery/log
can't open /cache/recovery/log
can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

i have tried "fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash staging blob" but ended up in boot loop in cwm.

I am a bit afraid to apply you method, as i am not sure if things get worse ...

Did you had similar issues in cwm before you applied your method?
As i were not able to access my sdcard i was not able to get root access. Do you have root access and/or will this be required to apply you method?

Many thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, bootloader, error, fastboot, tf300t

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)