* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
General: This is very alpha version of Ubuntu Touch. IT'S NOT READY FOR DAILY DRIVER. This is mainly for those curious souls like me to see how it runs on this relatively old device. There are and will be bugs.
Screen on/off is a bit buggy (there's no timeout etc.)
Everything that I forgot / haven't noticed
Have at least 1GB free on your sdcard prior flashing.
Have some experience at tinkering with your device. I won't be giving further step-by-step guidance as this is experimental thing, be a little experimental yourself.
7Zip and notepad++ (or equivalents) for updates from Ubuntu's mirror
Fresh installation instructions:
Put the files on sdcard.
Check that you meet the sdcard free space requirements.
Reboot to recovery.
Do factory reset (ie. format /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
Flash quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf-20130303.zip (this will take a while due two large extracting tasks)
Reboot and enjoy.