[Q] Facebook (build 132866) Downloading Forever

Search This thread

Chaoticaa

Apr 26, 2010
It just appeared in my notification blind saying that it was downloading Facebook (build 132866). It's not downloading from the Play Store. If I check the App Info (hold on the notification and click App Info), it's the Download Manager, not Play Store. According to the Play Store, I have the latest version of Facebook and I don't have automatic updating on it. Clicking this download doesn't open anything. I tried restarting my phone and it was the first thing to appear on my phone, even before the launcher finished loading!

It's been downloading forever and I don't know how to stop it! Any ideas what to do with it?

SOLVED! Connect to a WiFi and it'll download instantly.

Last edited:

GloveNinja217

Mar 7, 2013
Facebook (Build 132866)

I had the same issue you had. For me, it took about 24 hours for the application to actually begin to download, then it asks you to install it. I did because I wanted to see what happens, but as far as I can tell it didn't do anything. I still have the newest version of Facebook (2.2.1), nothing on my phone was modified or removed.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'm with WIND Mobile, I have a friend who's with Sprint who's had the same issue as well. I'm the only one out of all my friends that this has happened to. So if anyone else has a good explanation as to why this happened please share :)

jamesaw22

Jan 10, 2013
UK too

Not that this helps anyone, but it's happening in the UK too. I'm on H3G, just about to tweet them and see if they know anything about it (they probably wont) seeing as this is happening on both sides of the pond, on different networks, it looks like it's an HTC fail. It's been downloading on mine for about 17 hours now :(

PatrickSteele

Nov 20, 2012
Seeing the same thing for a couple of hours now on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3. I've tried a reboot as well as a power down/power up and it keeps coming back after reboot. Maybe I'll do a battery pull and see what happens -- or turn on my WIFI to see if it completes quicker.

Chaoticaa

Apr 26, 2010
Seeing the same thing for a couple of hours now on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3. I've tried a reboot as well as a power down/power up and it keeps coming back after reboot. Maybe I'll do a battery pull and see what happens -- or turn on my WIFI to see if it completes quicker.

Oh thanks for the idea! I turned on my WiFi and it downloaded straight away. I guess this is an update directly from the Facebook app and not a phone specific thing.

joedirt2217

Jun 26, 2010
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Downloaded and installed, was stuck downloading also until I turned on wifi. I do not notice anything new or different. I am wonder why this is being pushed out like this instead of a market update. I did a Google search to see if Facebook or anyone else has announced this update, but didn't find anything other than posts like this one.

Last edited:

Splaktar

Aug 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL
Oh thanks for the idea! I turned on my WiFi and it downloaded straight away. I guess this is an update directly from the Facebook app and not a phone specific thing.

I'm seeing this too my my T989. I didn't know that the Facebook app could update itself outside of the Play Store. Not very happy about it.

Even after uninstalling Facebook and Facebook Pages Manager, it is still there trying to download!

Update: Killing Download Manager app removed it from my notification bar.

Update 2: Now it is back, even with all Facebook apps uninstalled!

Last edited:

engitool

Apr 8, 2009
Here is a solution someone posted and it worked for me, I have a galaxy note 2. Go to the downloads folder and you will probably see two entries of this file trying to download. Delete them both. No more hanging download.

N4Solomon

Feb 10, 2013
Connected to the wifi and it downloaded and forced me to update my Facebook app with no significant changes.

Zenoran

Feb 4, 2008
Ohio
What the heck is this crap? I don't see "turn on wifi" as a solution to the problem. I'm wondering why in the heck Facebook is downloading crap externally from the market. If anyone finds any kind of an explanation to this I would greatly appreciate it.

Uninstalling and rebooting an app and still getting a some rogue hung download only to "turn on wifi" to get it to go away? Really? I don't even want it on my phone any more.

btw if you don't want to turn on wifi to download it you can apparently uninstall the app then kill download manager and it seems to go away.

Chaoticaa

Apr 26, 2010
What the heck is this crap? I don't see "turn on wifi" as a solution to the problem. I'm wondering why in the heck Facebook is downloading crap externally from the market. If anyone finds any kind of an explanation to this I would greatly appreciate it.

Uninstalling and rebooting an app and still getting a some rogue hung download only to "turn on wifi" to get it to go away? Really? I don't even want it on my phone any more.

btw if you don't want to turn on wifi to download it you can apparently uninstall the app then kill download manager and it seems to go away.
But if the Download Manager is launched again, would that download come back?

humgaling

Jun 29, 2010
But if the Download Manager is launched again, would that download come back?

Yes it will, but if you force stop the download manager, then clear the cache and data, it seems to stop. I had the ongoing download for days...I could force stop and it would pop back after a few minutes...I even
uninstalled Facebook and it kept popping back up... but after clearing all data and cache, it hasn't come back yet

Will_504

Mar 21, 2013
Here is a solution someone posted and it worked for me, I have a galaxy note 2. Go to the downloads folder and you will probably see two entries of this file trying to download. Delete them both. No more hanging download.

This worked perfectly for me. Killing the download manager only delays the forced update. As soon as you restart it, the auto update resumes. Deleting the actual files in the folder is the only thing that worked for me.