FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PATCH] [FIX] Permanently disable Cell Broadcasting messages on stock-based ROM's

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 161

By S-trace, Senior Member on 8th March 2013, 08:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello.

Stock ROM's for our Evo 3D is can't disable Cell Broadcasting messages permanently, so I'd written patch to fix it.
It was tested on 4.0.3 and should work with every ARMv7 device which also have such problem. To uninstall patch simply flash it again.

CHANGELOG:
08.mar.2013: Initial release.

09.mar.2013: Fixed logging (see /data/intercepter.log for detailis about process)
Small fixes in intsallation script
English translation of README
Attached Files
File Type: zip rild_intercepter.zip - [Click for QR Code] (253.7 KB, 136 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S-trace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S-trace Ad-Free

9th March 2013, 10:42 AM |#2  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Re: [PATCH] [FIX] Permanently disable Cell Broadcasting messages on stock ROMs
First... Good job. But we need to use stock Rom

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
9th March 2013, 10:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvin23

First... Good job. But we need to use stock Rom
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Not exactly, but does other than stock-based roms contaminated by such problem too?
I'd tried CM9 and CM10, and had no problems with it.

Actualy, this rild_intercepter.zip can be installed on any ROM on which this binary file can be launched. If Your RILD will not work after installation of intercepter - just flash rild_intercepter.zip again and it will restore Your original RILD.
I'd built in on Evo 3D in Debian Wheezy ARMHF chroot, so I don't sure that it can be launched on ARMEL CPU.

But You can always rebuild sources for any CPU You need. Intercepter binary is statically linked and thus don't need any shared libraries.
The Following User Says Thank You to S-trace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S-trace Ad-Free
13th March 2013, 05:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 745

More
Hi, could you explain a bit more for the laymen what advantages this gives; better battery life maybe?

Thx.
13th March 2013, 05:56 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenie

Hi, could you explain a bit more for the laymen what advantages this gives; better battery life maybe?

Thx.

The only advantage is that phone stop disturb You with this messages. If Your cell provider is not affected with this - You are lucky.
The Following User Says Thank You to S-trace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S-trace Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cbm, cell broadcasting, fix, patch, rild

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)