FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Root XT925 Razr HD (Telstra)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

Post Reply Email Thread
This was tested on Telstra's XT925 (Razr HD) on Jelly Bean 4.1.2
You will need a copy of fastboot which is part of the Android SDK.
I know there is a touch of double posting here but I wanted to make a thread so users can find all the info they need in one place.
I found the Telstra XT925 particularly tricky to work with and the below method worked flawlessly where others failed.
Give it a try and let me know how you go.
Thanks all.

Apologies as a new poster I can't supply the links, but most of you will know where to look.
Files Needed:
CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip
cwmrecovery6028-xt925_20130219-epinter.img
Motorola drivers from website.

(1) While the phone is fully loaded, go to Settings -> Developer's options and enable "USB Debugging".
(2) Now power off the phone completely
(i) Either by holding the power button for 5-10 seconds or pressing it once and hitting "power off"
(3) Once powered off, hold the power button + both volume buttons at the same time for 3 seconds
(4) You'll see a bootloader menu, you have literally only 3 seconds to select an option
(5) Using the volume buttons +/- go to select "AP Fastboot" then press the middle "rocker" button that's nest right inbetween the volume
button to select it.
(6) If successful, you'll be taken to fastboot screen with white writing on a black background.
(7) Install the Motorola USB drivers (these are readily available from the Motorola website)
(8) Install the Android SDK
(9) Download the Clockworkmod recovery image
(10) Download the Clockwordmod Super User zip
(11) Once the USB drivers are install, plug your phone in, it should detected as a ADB device.
(12) Copy the CWM image into the folder where fastboot is located in the SDK (normally \Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools
(13) Open up command prompt as administrator
(14) Change to the SDK platform tools folder where both fastboot and the CWM recover image is kept.
(15) type in "fastboot flash recovery FILENAMEHERE.IMG"
(16) Wait a few seconds, confirmed successful
(17) While the phone is still on, you can copy over the Super User zip file onto the SDCARD on your phone.
(18) Power off phone.
(19) Repeat the power + volume buttons process but then this time select "Recovery" and press the rocker.
(20) This should load into the Clockworkmod recovery system, go to install zip. Then select the SU zip file.
(21) Install, then reboot.
(22) Let phone boot up, you should now have root access.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azreal_reaper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift azreal_reaper Ad-Free
11th March 2013, 01:07 PM |#2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Re: How to Root XT925 Razr HD (Telstra)
You forgot to mention the need for an unlocked bootloader to use this method

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to saloums7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saloums7 Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 01:52 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Ballarat
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7

You forgot to mention the need for an unlocked bootloader to use this method

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Yes sorry forgot to mention that thanks. Can't always get the first post right Otherwise thankfully Motorola makes it easy to do the initial bootloader unlock anyway...at of course, the cost of your warranty.
13th March 2013, 06:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
more clarification
hi sorry for a noob question but how to confirm that the boot loader is unlocked??, i am on telstra with Razr HD on JB (JB was done via OTA update). I tired the other mechanism of using the Razr Hd utility 1.10 and did not work

Are you able to show screenshots or do you have a video tutorial......

PS: my understanding is that on Telstra when in fastboot the screen shows "Locked" for all razr HD devices so how did you manage to unlock the boot loader
15th March 2013, 02:05 PM |#5  
Flag Lille

More
thanks that works fine even on french ROMs
20th March 2013, 06:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 339

More
sorry to ask here,
I flashed cmn on moto xt925 ul boot loader FIDO 4.1.2, but how in the hell i chose install Su from zip??? i was able to enter into recovery, scroll down to install from zip but how to select that option? hit power nada? is there a key combo

Finally got it, rooted at least what a bitchy moto haha
25th March 2013, 06:34 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Re: How to Root XT925 Razr HD (Telstra)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008

sorry to ask here,
I flashed cmn on moto xt925 ul boot loader FIDO 4.1.2, but how in the hell i chose install Su from zip??? i was able to enter into recovery, scroll down to install from zip but how to select that option? hit power nada? is there a key combo

Finally got it, rooted at least what a bitchy moto haha

Flash it in the recovery(the zip file.)
Press both volume keys with the power to enter recovery...go to install...select which drive has the supersu zip and install it..

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium
7th April 2013, 01:32 PM |#8  

More
how to unlock telstra bootloader
hi i have the same question....how do you unlock the Telstra boot loader , i have tried using the HD utility 1.10 and well it did not work , i want to try custom ROM's but then since root does not work cant seem to find any info, most of the rooting is for verizon XT925/926

I also have had the JB update done via OTA, i have tried to do a rollback 4.01 ice cream sandwich but have not been able to do that either...any help please
7th April 2013, 04:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 339

More
unlocking boot loader must be done via Moto website bro
8th April 2013, 05:45 AM |#10  

More
what do you mean by FILENAMEHERE.IMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by azreal_reaper

This was tested on Telstra's XT925 (Razr HD) on Jelly Bean 4.1.2
You will need a copy of fastboot which is part of the Android SDK.
I know there is a touch of double posting here but I wanted to make a thread so users can find all the info they need in one place.
I found the Telstra XT925 particularly tricky to work with and the below method worked flawlessly where others failed.
Give it a try and let me know how you go.
Thanks all.

Apologies as a new poster I can't supply the links, but most of you will know where to look.
Files Needed:
CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip
cwmrecovery6028-xt925_20130219-epinter.img
Motorola drivers from website.

(1) While the phone is fully loaded, go to Settings -> Developer's options and enable "USB Debugging".
(2) Now power off the phone completely
(i) Either by holding the power button for 5-10 seconds or pressing it once and hitting "power off"
(3) Once powered off, hold the power button + both volume buttons at the same time for 3 seconds
(4) You'll see a bootloader menu, you have literally only 3 seconds to select an option
(5) Using the volume buttons +/- go to select "AP Fastboot" then press the middle "rocker" button that's nest right inbetween the volume
button to select it.
(6) If successful, you'll be taken to fastboot screen with white writing on a black background.
(7) Install the Motorola USB drivers (these are readily available from the Motorola website)
(8) Install the Android SDK
(9) Download the Clockworkmod recovery image
(10) Download the Clockwordmod Super User zip
(11) Once the USB drivers are install, plug your phone in, it should detected as a ADB device.
(12) Copy the CWM image into the folder where fastboot is located in the SDK (normally \Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools
(13) Open up command prompt as administrator
(14) Change to the SDK platform tools folder where both fastboot and the CWM recover image is kept.
(15) type in "fastboot flash recovery FILENAMEHERE.IMG"
(16) Wait a few seconds, confirmed successful
(17) While the phone is still on, you can copy over the Super User zip file onto the SDCARD on your phone.
(18) Power off phone.
(19) Repeat the power + volume buttons process but then this time select "Recovery" and press the rocker.
(20) This should load into the Clockworkmod recovery system, go to install zip. Then select the SU zip file.
(21) Install, then reboot.
(22) Let phone boot up, you should now have root access.

Hi for the flashboot recovery command do you mean "fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery6028-xt925_20130219-epinter.img", i cant see any file as FILENAMEHERE.img where the fastboot tool exists
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xt925 razr hd telstra jb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)